PVE I cant even take on a boss now?

aarowill

ok so I was going great until I hit tattoine, now im in struggle street.

My gear is up to date, so is my companions.

Im up against a single boss with about 7k health and I just keep getting beat down.

The thing that is annoying me the most is, I cant seem to keep up with the damage the boss gives, whether its on me or my tanking companion I just cant keep up.

I think the problem is, I use the medical probe, not the advanced medical probe.

I know everyone says the adv probe is awesome, but I just dont know why, its on a cooldown and heals less for only a slightly faster cast time.

My rotation usual goes

Medical probe > hammer shot > OH **** by the time I did one hammer shot Im going to need 2 medical probes to heal the kind damage thats been done > medical probe until out of ammo > dead.

I know atleast one person is going to say its clearly because im bad at the game so I should l2p.... Well thats what im trying to do with this post!

Also, my tanking buddy is great at holding aggro, but with 4 or so enemies I usually have atleast one guy attacking me that my buddy doesnt pick up, so I end up healing myself and him together making it harder. Should I be manually using his aggro pulling abilities?

Edited by aarowill

Complaining for not being able to solo a boss? Maybe working as intended?

I think the game, like most modern mmo's, is designed to be able to solo through if you like, but it is not all inclusive to solo play. Some things are meant for groups.

I must say, I'm a lvl 29 combat medic myself but I haven't gone to Tatooine yet so I don't know if there might be some really ****** bosses out there. But since you say it's only got 7K health, I can give you the following advice.

If you are DPS specced, you could try using the healing companion (Elana Dorne)

I haven't tested her yet so I don't know if she is any good at healing at all. But you can always give it a try.

If you are healing specced then you should know why adv med probe is awesome and you should easily be able to keep one of your DPS companions alive (Aric for example)

When I'm taking down elites / bosses solo, I send Aric on them (CC one of them if they are not alone) and I just heal Aric and occasionally DPS the NPC if Aric's health is ok.

I've solo'd NPC's with 20k+ health on Nar Shaddaa so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to handle a 7K health NPC.

Edited by Fsixknight

I think the problem is, I use the medical probe, not the advanced medical probe.

I know everyone says the adv probe is awesome, but I just dont know why, its on a cooldown and heals less for only a slightly faster cast time.

When you spec into healing AMP gives you a free MP after using and there are other pluses up the healing tree.

Sounds like you are DPS specd and trying to heal....

ok so I was going great until I hit tattoine, now im in struggle street.

My gear is up to date, so is my companions.

Im up against a single boss with about 7k health and I just keep getting beat down.

The thing that is annoying me the most is, I cant seem to keep up with the damage the boss gives, whether its on me or my tanking companion I just cant keep up.

My rotation usual goes

Medical probe > hammer shot > OH **** by the time I did one hammer shot Im going to need 2 medical probes to heal the kind damage thats been done > medical probe until out of ammo > dead.

I know atleast one person is going to say its clearly because im bad at the game so I should l2p.... Well thats what im trying to do with this post!

Also, my tanking buddy is great at holding aggro, but with 4 or so enemies I usually have atleast one guy attacking me that my buddy doesnt pick up, so I end up healing myself and him together making it harder. Should I be manually using his aggro pulling abilities?

You were never supposed to solo bosses.......

I soloed tatooine without much issue with the exception of some of the heroic quests. If you are battling big groups of normal they should go down fairly quickly with the number of AoE attacks available. Also keep in mind if you are taking on more than the tank can handle, you always have conc. shot to CC one mob during the pull to take one mob out of the equation from the beginning.

I love our droid tank, but unless you gear him completely out, he blows. Stick to your other pets, healer or dps depending on your spec.

Speaking of which, is there are way of gearing him other then just hoping for gear drops and getting random quest rewards for him?

I was checking his stats.. and your right, they do blow.

But I cant say Ive ever seen a droid armour vendor.

Yeah OP this was not a issue in beta but they nerft the commando before live and now i have the same issue as you.And with better gear and facing the same elite/champions/bosses with beeing 3 lvls higher.So sad that the class is only half now compared to what is used to be.

You didnt post any info on which boss etc, however there are other things you can do instead of piling in as many heals/shots as you can.

I.E. if you Line of Sight mobs it stops them casting/channeling abilities (you can see their little blue bar if you look for it) and they then move to see you again.

If you do it right you can recharge half your ammo bar/ pop off 2-3 heals before he starts attacking you again.

Just one example, there are plenty of other things you can do too.

No surprice there, M1-4X is useless, he takes more damage then I do, you're better off tanking the boss and healing yourself with a dps companion.

I was so hopeful when I got M1-4X as a Gunnary Commando, wanted to finally use my Full Auto, but alas, even as a tank he's seriously useless, takes at least 2x more damage then I do.

Basically, go Gunnary and use Dorne.