Items with useless stats.

Jayshames

Ok, I've come across several items now that have useless stats, only just now have I decided to make a thread to ask why?..

I've forgotten there names but heres one example;

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/2705-614/Tonena-Munitions-Corp-Revolving-Blaster-Cannon

As far as I know there's no one that can use an Assault cannon that uses Cunning..

I've also seen a fair few Focus' that have shield rating which is blatantly pointless.

Any reasons why?

They're probably just randomised stats since they're just green-level items. I wouldn't read too much into it. It just makes me chuckle whenever I see one because no player that has the main stat of Cunning can use a shield or an assault cannon and no player that uses an assault cannon can use a shield.

Vendor Trash. Filling up the Item Database, or maybe some are leftovers -- Elara Dorne (Trooper) used to be a Cunning based Healer even though her entire character would say otherwise.

It does annoy me as well, though. There's not that many good Offhands to begin with if you aren't a Jedi/Sith and most of them aren't decent for your class. In my case... +Aim Scatterguns? Owch.

Someone said that Kaliyo and Corso used shotguns with defensive stats in some ancient beta. I've seen a few medium pieces with shield on them so i don't know if there was a tank tree somewhere or shields worked differently in the past.