Why do people hate us so much?

SithVeritas

I don't think we're OP. We're extremely dangerous once we get (AND KEEP) our hands on you but that's all we got going for us. Any kind of CC and we're done, really. Not to mention simply getting kited. And we're super squishy.

I've never had any trouble countering a Sentinel/Marauder, I'm not gonna BS you and stay I steamroll them all the time, because that's never the case with any class.

I hope BioWare doesn't listen to these whiners by nerfing/ruining the class.

Edited by SithVeritas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, when you get a 99% damage reduction at will, how is that not broken?

Because it cost us 50% of our life to do get that reduction for 5 seconds.

If it was free, it would be broken, but it isn't so stop the qq.

(Also we can be CC'ed & rooted during it, so just walk away)

Its not so much people hate you as people are tired of all the defensive CDs the class has.

But we lack any knockback, and have the worst stun in the game. We gain some things, and we give up others.

People hate us because they're bad. I killed a sorc a few times in outlaws den last night, and afterward, he proceeded to tell me how OP marauders were (while he literally stood in one spot the entire time and spammed lightning strike until he was dead).

Now, not everyone is THAT bad, but the majority of people who play have no clue about the offensive or defensive cooldowns/capabilities of any class other than their own (much less any concept of another class's play style). And rather than learning said capabilities and how to counter them, they come to the forums in order to ***** and moan...all the while hoping for a nerf.

Edited by Drator

Even when Marauders become the weakest class in the game, they will still have the persona of being "overpowered" and whenever someone dies to one they'll just say to you "shut up newb, ur just an op class111!"

It's kind of like the Death Knight in World of Wacraft. Once you're established as a pvp powerhouse, they will cry for nerfs until you're the weakest class in the game which no one plays any more and then you'll be considered "balanced"

It's why Developers shouldn't cave into the complaining of the masses because the masses suck at gaming and will whine about anything that kills them or takes more than 1 attempt to finish.

Edited by KhealThar

I've played a Marauder to 32 and can safely say they are by far the best DPS class, I steamrolled straight to 32 within a few days, with Annihilation spec you get constant small self heals as well as speed boosts and some really strong attacks, compared to every other class i've played, I think it took half the time on a marauder. They may or may not need a fix, but they definitely need to get back on level with operatives.

There's absoloutely no reason for anyone to take an Operative DPS over a Marauder. How can the difference be so great between 2 classes that share armour types and both meant to deal damage?

Edited by Jayshames

^

...it's also because you get people thinking they can make informed judgments about a class at level 32.

Lol so true.

People who are not 50, well geared (full WH, if not min/maxed), and playing RWZs consistently, should really not post under the pretense that they know anything about pvp balance.

Edited by Drator

people hate us because we are the best dps class in the game. and if you look at dpsmeter.com we dominate the parser logs. Are we overpowered? ehhhhh i wouldnt say overpowered because we are squishy with our medium armor. But we are without a doubt the LAST class that needs a boost while other classes like merc/commando that could use a boost cuz i just dominate those guys in pvp

I have never played a sith warrior past 10 so I am by no means an expert at this class...(although I may play one here soon after I finish leveling my sniper) but, it seems every class in this game at some point is said to be OP by whiners that do not know how to pvp and get wrecked by someone. Remember how OP concealment operatives were (or weren't imo) the whiners cried and BW hit them with the nerf bat. It isn't how OP any class is it is how well you play the class that makes it great imo. Be prepared for the nerf bat though because the bulk of the whiners are crying that marauders are OP. It is unfortunately inevitable....

I can say that I pvp a fair amount (wouldn't consider myself great but above average) and I have killed marauders and been wrecked by marauders and personally I think it wasn't that class that wrecked me but the person behind the keyboard that wrecked me.

So speaking from a sniper and a former rep smuggler and sage people hate on any class in pvp that kills them and then the BW nerf bat comes a swinging. Hope not but I am sure it will ask the sorcerers and the operatives how hard that bat hits when the whiners come a whining...

You shouldn't care what others think of marauders, just try to enjoy the game. Even though marauders are fine atm it is a certainty that at some point marauders will be nerfed (justified or not) and will remain gimped and useless for several patch cycles. This cycle happens to all classes in all MMOs and will continue ad infinitum until our sun goes red giant and engulfs our inner solar system. Remember, it isn't a matter of which class is actually balanced or not-balanced; it's a matter of whiners with megaphones and how many or few mistakes the developers make when they crunch the numbers during class balance passes. Edited by Projawa

You know, when you get a 99% damage reduction at will, how is that not broken?

This is an excellent point, and I for one think they should change it to something like 50%. Perhaps put it on some sort of cooldown timer as well?

It's a psychological thing. Mainly it comes down to this. Marauder is a DPS class that does excellent DPS. In capable hands and with the proper team support, the class can do extraordinary things. So, bottom line, Marauders are really good at killing opponents and these peeps don't like to die.

But that's not all. We don't just kill people with pebbles, rail shots, or cluster bombs from a distance. We get in the faces of peeps and cut them to pieces. That's where I believe most of the anger toward our class comes from. There is just something psychologically unsettling about being chased down, pursued and toe-to-toe torn to pieces. Peeps really hate this.

The fact of the matter is that other DPS classes in this game do equivalent or better DPS, every single WZ match, mainly Vans/PTs and Snipers/Slingers. But everyone hates Marauders because when we put the beat down on someone, there is no doubt who it was and it was likely an unpleasant smashmouth experience.

While I don't hate them myself, I do feel the group buffs make them the preferred DPS in any group. Which is fair enough, but I do hope that rather than nerfing the marauder and powertech, that they buff up other classes. I enjoy playing my sentinel, and I think the survivability vs. damage is in a good place.

^

...it's also because you get people thinking they can make informed judgments about a class at level 32.

Ditto.

Thing is, like I said before, don't complain about our DPS since we're a DPS class. I do agree to some extent that UR should have the same CD as Saber Ward.

My augmented BM(WH weapons) Marauder has more facetank survivability than my augmented WH Guardian when he's specced DPS. Lol@ medium armour argument. Raw mitigation bonus difference between medium and heavy is 5%. The defensive CDs are frakking amazing.

Marauders have a better baseline shield wall skill than Guard *tanks* have *talented*. Camo is 50% DR (WC is 40%), 8.9% uptime untalented and 13% uptime talented, while talented Warding Call has 5.5% uptime.You can also use it to break hostile channels\casts\close gaps. CloP with 50% uptime boosts raw mitigation to super-tank levels (45-46% Kin\En mitigation *and* up to 34% Kin\Ele). Not even mentioning stuff like Obfuscate and UR.

Edited by Helig

My augmented BM(WH weapons) Marauder has more facetank survivability than my augmented WH Guardian when he's specced DPS. Lol@ medium armour argument. Raw mitigation bonus difference between medium and heavy is 5%. The defensive CDs are frakking amazing.

Marauders have a better baseline shield wall skill than Guard *tanks* have *talented*. Camo is 50% DR (WC is 40%), 8.9% uptime untalented and 13% uptime talented, while talented Warding Call has 5.5% uptime.You can also use it to break hostile channels\casts\close gaps. CloP with 50% uptime boosts raw mitigation to super-tank levels (45-46% Kin\En mitigation *and* up to 34% Kin\Ele). Not even mentioning stuff like Obfuscate and UR.

This, the mara class if the shining example of where PvE avilities like Camo/UR should be changed for the PvP environment. In fact why they didn't get an aggro dump in line with everyone else's I'll never know.

It really boggles the mind to see a thread like this, if you played the class, you'd know.

This, the mara class if the shining example of where PvE avilities like Camo/UR should be changed for the PvP environment. In fact why they didn't get an aggro dump in line with everyone else's I'll never know.

It really boggles the mind to see a thread like this, if you played the class, you'd know.

UR is a PvP ability alright - and I don't think it's OP, personally. It's the number of defenses that can be chained that needs a look. Why Camo, originally a stealth\gapcloser\escape\channel break skill, became a shield wall which is better baseline than tanks have talented is beyond me, however. Did just fine pre-1.2 without it.

Edited by Helig

Because maras are designed to kill. They don't have any other asset (utility, stealth...). People don't qq about other classes even though they may as reliably help to win a game but they get mad when a Mara ROFLstomps them. People think that pvp = deathmatch.