Price too expensive for augment slots at tables

Daarkstaar

I don't care how rich or poor we are in starwars for making money, we shouldn't be charged so much for these augment slots at a table, that we're gonna end up replacing later.

The augment prices should be lowered to

Green augment marks should be 1000c to 5000c

Blue augment marks 5000c to 10000c

purple augment marks 10000c and up

I don't care how rich or poor we are in starwars for making money, we shouldn't be charged so much for these augment slots at a table, that we're gonna end up replacing later.

The augment prices should be lowered to

Green augment marks should be 1000c to 5000c

Blue augment marks 5000c to 10000c

purple augment marks 10000c and up

I spent so much buying the augment kits (MK-6 or whatever they are called), and then applying the kits, that I now can't actually afford to add any augments to my new slots until I go out and grind more credits. How is this supposed to be fun?

I understand the need for credit sinks, but come on Bioware!

BW doesn't seem to get that the amount of credits you earn is too low for the HUGE CRAP LOAD of credits you spend on doing everything. They seriously need to either lower what things costs by a lot or in crease credit drops/credits earned for doing things.

That or BW should hire someone who's better at math.

Edited by Radzkie

It doesn't matter what the price is, somebody is going to complain about it.

It isn't really that difficult to earn credits. Play the game, sell your junk, lowball all the drops you can't use on the GTN for quick sales, and have a couple of gathering professions that you can sell mats on the GTN.

Also, augmenting prior to 50 just seems kind of pointless to me since you're just going to out level the gear quickly enough anyway. Use your credits to buy the next level of armor rather than augmenting whatever it is that you have.

BW doesn't seem to get that the amount of credits you earn is too low for the HUGE CRAP LOAD of credits you spend on doing everything. They seriously need to either lower what things costs by A LOT or in crease credit drops/credits earned for doing things.

That or BW should hire someone who's better at math.

They have statistical data that they base these things around. They probably look at how much the average level 50 player earns in a day and try to balance that (in a fashion) with how much they spend. They probably consider the differences between exchanges (GTN) and gains (quest rewards) into these decisions.

So if these things are too expensive for you, my guess is that:

1. You're probably earning much less than the average player of your level. (most likely)

2. You play less than the average player of your level. (a reason for the above)

Keep in mind that the averages for these sorts of things tend to be quite low because the "average" players are not hardcore and don't play for 8 hours a day. To be significantly lower than that... I honestly doubt you would be happy in any sort of game economy.

But for someone that manages their money well, these prices aren't hurting us.

You could use that argument for everything on the game. "Boss 1hitko's every one all the time! Please tone him down!" "Well no matter how much you tone down bosses someone is going to complain about them."

The credits sinks are pretty ridiculous if you look at it objectively for every player and not just for yourself if you're rich/have lots of spare time to grind for credits. Not everyone enjoys grinding for hours just to get enough credits to be able to repair their equipment once or twice(yes repairs can get pricey even) or something that's pretty small and necessary to play the game.

As for augmenting below 50, I agree it's pointless, but it still should be an option for people and shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, in my opinion.

It wouldn't hurt BW to take a second to look and see if their credit system is fair or needs to be re-worked.

1. You're probably earning much less than the average player of your level. (most likely)

2. You play less than the average player of your level. (a reason for the above)

OR, just maybe the money I have I tend to spend on levelling other alts and crafting, you know, like Bioware encourages us to do.

Daily grinds do not appeal to me much, although I still do them so I don't go broke.

They have statistical data that they base these things around. They probably look at how much the average level 50 player earns in a day and try to balance that (in a fashion) with how much they spend. They probably consider the differences between exchanges (GTN) and gains (quest rewards) into these decisions.

So if these things are too expensive for you, my guess is that:

Keep in mind that the averages for these sorts of things tend to be quite low because the "average" players are not hardcore and don't play for 8 hours a day. To be significantly lower than that... I honestly doubt you would be happy in any sort of game economy.

But for someone that manages their money well, these prices aren't hurting us.

I can afford it. All my gear is augmented and I normally have spare credits. However, I, personally, think it should be lowered regardless. I hate when people jump to conclusions about people just because they do not agree about certain ways BW runs things.

You could use that argument for everything on the game. "Boss 1hitko's every one all the time! Please tone him down!" "Well no matter how much you tone down bosses someone is going to complain about them."

The credits sinks are pretty ridiculous if you look at it objectively for every player and not just for yourself if you're rich/have lots of spare time to grind for credits. Not everyone enjoys grinding for hours just to get enough credits to be able to repair their equipment once or twice(yes repairs can get pricey even) or something that's pretty small and necessary to play the game.

As for augmenting below 50, I agree it's pointless, but it still should be an option for people and shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, in my opinion.

It wouldn't hurt BW to take a second to look and see if their credit system is fair or needs to be re-worked.

Well said.

How about selling some crafted stuff ?

I do that too, although to date I have only maxed out cybertech, and that has not been really helpful :). I play the GTN sometimes too.

I can make back the credits I spent, but that doesn't mean some of these credit sinks are out of line.

i'm a cybertech too i make 500k a day by crafting lvl 5 - 30 purple gear, so you dont need something maxed.

also 5-10k per item builds money too.

earpieces-armorings-mods-speeders-space parts

it all sells for a profitabale price

i'm a cybertech too i make 500k a day by crafting lvl 5 - 30 purple gear, so you dont need something maxed.

also 5-10k per item builds money too.

earpieces-armorings-mods-speeders-space parts

it all sells for a profitabale price

I haven't found space parts or speeders to be very profitable at all on my server (way too much being sold on the GTN currently).

But lvl 5 to 30 purple mods... this I will have to check out. Thanks!

It isn't really that difficult to earn credits. Play the game, sell your junk, lowball all the drops you can't use on the GTN for quick sales, and have a couple of gathering professions that you can sell mats on the GTN.

Also, augmenting prior to 50 just seems kind of pointless to me since you're just going to out level the gear quickly enough anyway. Use your credits to buy the next level of armor rather than augmenting whatever it is that you have.

Actually I would have to disagree with this. If you focus on getting set up with orange armor early on (I usually get full orange armor by like 26) all you need to do is choose commendations, and upgrade the value of your armor after each planet. So you can put augments in them. The problem really is the players are so greedy and over charge for the kits on the GTN. I am synthweaving, so I make the kits, and I can honestly tell you that it isnt that much effort for the crafter to get the mats for these things.

Your orange armor can carry you all the way to when you start getting campaign armor in hardmodes, by simply by doing your dailies and getting the armor, mods and enhancements in them to bring them up to value 126.

The issue isn't the cost of the table, it is the blatant greed factor of the other players over pricing everything.

I do agree with you about no matter what BW does, people are going to QQ and complain...that is a given

I haven't found space parts or speeders to be very profitable at all on my server (way too much being sold on the GTN currently).

But lvl 5 to 30 purple mods... this I will have to check out. Thanks!

Focus on REing earpieces. The sweet spot if for levels between 30-45. Any higher and people will be focusing on getting their rakata daily earpieces.

I make a fortune selling purple earpieces.

Focus on REing earpieces. The sweet spot if for levels between 30-45. Any higher and people will be focusing on getting their rakata daily earpieces.

I make a fortune selling purple earpieces.

Thanks for the info too! :)

PS: You're still not off the hook though Bioware for the need to reduce these credit sinks! :p

OR, just maybe the money I have I tend to spend on levelling other alts and crafting, you know, like Bioware encourages us to do.

Daily grinds do not appeal to me much, although I still do them so I don't go broke.

I don't do any dailies except the Black Hole ones, and then only once a week on two characters.

I probably average less than 1 HM FP a day (if only I had time).

I have 4 max tradeskills.

I have 3 50s, and a 25ish. That's lots of alts that I crafted stuff for, bought character perks on, bank room, inventory space, etc.

No I don't play 8+ hours a day, I work a 40 hour week and live with my GF. (she doesn't play).

I just don't think these prices are so bad. If they don't balance credit sinks with credit creation we would have some insane inflation over a very short period of time.

I'm not saying their system is perfect, but most people in this thread only have their own perspective as a reference. Bioware has a lot more information to use. Could they have taken all that information and made poor choices? Sure. Do I think they're making better decisions than if one of you were in charge? Yes.

Edited by nezitx

I'm not saying their system is perfect, but most people in this thread only have their own perspective as a reference. Bioware has a lot more information to use. Could they have taken all that information and made poor choices? Sure. Do I think they're making better decisions than if one of you were in charge? Yes.

That's all easy to say, but in reality, Bioware's track record of doing things right has not been the greatest in this game.

Even that aside, every single MMO I have played requires a lot of tweaking, constantly, to make sure everything balances well.

Some credit sinks in this game, IMO, require some serious tweaking.