The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When do we get good?

Rocketx

Everyone keeps saying Powertech/Vanguard is really good in PvP. My question is when do we start getting competitive, I’m only level 15 now and I can’t see much of a difference.

Thanks.

Literally right now. You should already be pooping on people with your auto snare.

Also, around 28 you get the refresh on rail shot leading to a free rail shot.

So 28. And then after that you just keep gettin a better and better.

PT's are good from level 11 if you know what you're doing.

A simple rotation of FB -> Rapid Shots -> FB -> Rapid Shots -> FB -> Rapid Shots...rinse, wash, repeat... will pretty much allow you to top DPS charts if you're good with movement. But yeah, once you get the hang of it, you'll be wrecking matches 11-50+

Literally right now. You should already be pooping on people with your auto snare.

Also, around 28 you get the refresh on rail shot leading to a free rail shot.

So 28. And then after that you just keep gettin a better and better.

OP, don't listen to the disguised nerf-powertech posts that litter these forums liek the one I quoted above.

Powertechs are a competitive PvP class but by no means the best, nor will you be "pooping on people" just because of the auto-snare on flameburst.

I admit it's a long time ago that I leveled my powertech so can't recall exactly at what point I felt overly powerful in PvP, but its hard to judge in any case. By the time you reach 30 most opponents you face in PvP are of a significant lower level which makes it hard to gauge if the class has become better or if you are just fighting weaker opponents. About mid twenty seems right when you get the railshot reset proc, as it's a massive boost to your burst damage.

The most important thing in any case is how the class performs at 50 as that's how you will spend most of your ingame time. And at 50 Powertechs are an excellent class, holding their own against most classes and specs (Marauders, Assassins and Snipers can beat Powertechs without too much effort however)

Edited by LordExozone

Depends what you define 'good' as, pretty much lvl 11 you can start getting good DPS with 2 points into making CGC proc everytime you use FB, that's an easy 1.6k damage over 6 seconds in PvP, + whatever you use between the 6 seconds.

(Marauders, Assassins and Snipers can beat Powertechs without too much effort however)

Snipers maybe, depending if they can be LOS'd while you still maintain close distance to use abilitys, and maybe I've only fought crap Assassins but they all seem pretty easily killed, that being said I haven't hit 50 on either my VG or PT yet.

OP, don't listen to the disguised nerf-powertech posts that litter these forums liek the one I quoted above.

Powertechs are a competitive PvP class but by no means the best, nor will you be "pooping on people" just because of the auto-snare on flameburst.

I admit it's a long time ago that I leveled my powertech so can't recall exactly at what point I felt overly powerful in PvP, but its hard to judge in any case. By the time you reach 30 most opponents you face in PvP are of a significant lower level which makes it hard to gauge if the class has become better or if you are just fighting weaker opponents. About mid twenty seems right when you get the railshot reset proc, as it's a massive boost to your burst damage.

The most important thing in any case is how the class performs at 50 as that's how you will spend most of your ingame time. And at 50 Powertechs are an excellent class, holding their own against most classes and specs (Marauders, Assassins and Snipers can beat Powertechs without too much effort however)

I was in no way saying that PT/ VGs are OP, I was stating facts. I didn't switch to tactics until 33 because of what I stated above, take it or leave it.

I'm now a level 44 vanguard and couldn't care less if vanguards get nerfed because I will shut them down regardless with snares, counter pulls, and hard stun switches.

Also I <3 my tactics vanguard so far.