EA shareholders meeting: over/under 300k subs?

DarksideWK

Can't be much more than 500k, I'd say based on statement it is around 540k. If it was 750 you would say "well over 750k" and if it was 610 you would say "over 610k".

Who the **** would say "Well Tom you know we are well above 610k subs."

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Okay, I started playing in early access last December, payed for a 180 day sub ONCE during the initial free month and I still have 44 days left from the date of this post reply (5Sep12). Everyone talks about late August as the time when 6 month subs end and yet I still have a month and a half left. You have to start wondering if BW Austin got a degree in Enron accounting techniques--any arguments for late August timing are flawed by the BW "string-along" subscription model. So, start looking for the big drop off in October, not last August. Funny how this will dovetail right into F2P plans dontchathink?

And yes I checked my account to make sure I didn't auto-resub because after leveling two toons to 50 I simply could not stand the 'bore-me-to-death-and-just-kill-me-now dailies and MMO addict's gear grind post-50 Star Wars WoW game.'

Anyways, BW sold me on story, so I deleted all 8 toons and restarted them on another server and converted SWTOR into KOTOR 3 for the remainder of my sub, ie NO guilds, NO groups, NO PvP, NO heroic areas and NO desire to play beyond 50 this time around. Honestly, a new planet and/or level cap increase won't keep me around.

So, my guess is at the start of F2P, 250K subs if BW is lucky in the least.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post

Every so often this weird demographic shows up to the forum and rubs their hands together in hopes that the game they are paying for loses more subs.

Video game players are far and above the strangest group of people that can still be considered sane. Take this thread for instance.

Okay, I started playing in early access last December, payed for a 180 day sub ONCE during the initial free month and I still have 44 days left from the date of this post reply (5Sep12). Everyone talks about late August as the time when 6 month subs end and yet I still have a month and a half left. You have to start wondering if BW Austin got a degree in Enron accounting techniques--any arguments for late August timing are flawed by the BW "string-along" subscription model. So, start looking for the big drop off in October, not last August. Funny how this will dovetail right into F2P plans dontchathink?

And yes I checked my account to make sure I didn't auto-resub because after leveling two toons to 50 I simply could not stand the 'bore-me-to-death-and-just-kill-me-now dailies and MMO addict's gear grind post-50 Star Wars WoW game.'

Anyways, BW sold me on story, so I deleted all 8 toons and restarted them on another server and converted SWTOR into KOTOR 3 for the remainder of my sub, ie NO guilds, NO groups, NO PvP, NO heroic areas and NO desire to play beyond 50 this time around. Honestly, a new planet and/or level cap increase won't keep me around.

So, my guess is at the start of F2P, 250K subs if BW is lucky in the least.

That's weird because I am sure that I already paid for my next 6 months in August.... got my confirmation via Paypal... shrug.

I do not know why people have to go to extreme exaggerating... I am sure that if you want to be in guild and want to group and want to do heroics you can. Takes some effort. It applies to every MMO. If you want to solo you can have solo experience in every MMO. Unless you want forced grouping and zergfests... then maybe this is not a game for you.

Edited by Evensong

I'm guessing 600k to 700k, with transients (like myself, here because I purchased the game at 15 bucks, not sure if Ill sub) representing about 100 to 150k of that number.

I would say they continue to lose subs, but not at an accelerated rate like they did the first two quarters of this year. I would say the losses have slowed down a bit.

I'm wager between 500k and 750k. I doubt the game has gone under 500k. Likewise, the game hasn't stabilized and will continue to hemorrhage subscriptions at a slower rate. The next quarter will be decisive if swtor will go into the red or pull out this spiral downward trend. Edited by Knockerz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.