End of the Road?

Saltydogg

Is it comming up shortly for TOR?? Seeing that we already went though server "transfers", really server merges and 1.3 finally brought this game out of Beta will there be a future for TOR? I for one would like to say yes but the numbers are starting to look pretty bad. The new server I am on went from two full fleets to one fleet at half capacity in the period of less than a month.

What I want to know is how will they fix the problems with PVP and what expansion content do they really plan on for this game? Right now I see nothing but bells and whistles with stuff added in that should of been released at launch. 1.2 was a disaster for healing and killed the only open world pvp. Rated WZ's dont work becuase the majority of the class balance has made extreme imbalances. Nerfing healing crushed almost every healing class except one (why would I roll another healing class just to heal again??) Anyway I am not to impressed by the current outlook of the game.

Anyone out there want to throw in some positive stuff other than the patch stuff that should of been out during the release?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because there's nothing to do.

No new content since 1.2, that was quite awhile ago - and only 1 operation, flashpoint and warzone. People are running their 3rd, 4th, 5th alts in denova hm now for something to do, they have not brought out a constant event to liven things up...

don't understand whats up, give us something?

Anyone out there want to throw in some positive stuff other than the patch stuff that should of been out during the release?

I can.

Your post is pure conjecture based on your opinion while their is an abundance of contradictory data and research available. it is certainly ok to have such an opinion, but like so many of these "the end" posts there is no data to support them, just the opinion of the poster.

The game is solvent. Many, many people are enjoying it very much. They have come a long way just since release. They are continuing to move ahead. The only thing that I see that is hurting this game are the constant negative threads (again, based purely on conjecture and falsified information) that may either prevent people from trying it, or lend to the image being put forth by (again) those people arguing conjecture.

This thread, again, based on nothing, is not helping.

Hope that helps. ;p

STOP BEING IMPATIENT.

Complaining about no content less then 2 months after EC came out...silley. Deathwing has been out for over 5 months. I bet we get our next teir before they do!~

Its not the end of any road. Unless you are a troll and still playing WoW or planning on playing GW2.

1.4 and most of its content has been announced. Its the summer, most people are enjoying their free time/nice weather.

We just get stabalized on our new awesome servers and you are upset that there arent 400+ people on your fleet during the week. I've not seen 2 full fleets on any days except saturday/sunday.

Im realize you will just see these as excuses. The truth is, this game has leveled out with subscriptions and has retained percentage wise (speculation) more of the total mmo players population than any other mmo to date...

Vanilla WoW didnt pull this many away from EQ until after Burning Crusade, its first major expansion.

I can.

Your post is pure conjecture based on your opinion while their is an abundance of contradictory data and research available. it is certainly ok to have such an opinion, but like so many of these "the end" posts there is no data to support them, just the opinion of the poster.

The game is solvent. Many, many people are enjoying it very much. They have come a long way just since release. They are continuing to move ahead. The only thing that I see that is hurting this game are the constant negative threads (again, based purely on conjecture and falsified information) that may either prevent people from trying it, or lend to the image being put forth by (again) those people arguing conjecture.

Hope that helps. ;p

Your trying way to hard to sound like a good writer.

I can.

Hope that helps. ;p

No data, he just stated his server went from being 600+ people being on fleet to a 150 player base, that is a 400% decrease in a single player base in less then a month

Edited by Ensquire

The way server mergers were handled was an epic fail. As most people now know, sitting in a queue for a full server isn't more fun than playing on a dead server. Especially if your hardware has performance issues when fleet is jam packed with players.

I doubt very seriously the game will be shutting down anytime soon, there is still a large revenue stream from this game. There is probably a fair amount of content that is already partially developed, but not yet available. (based on what has been datamined from the game ~ but not yet seen) And at this point BW/EA has nothing to gain from shutting it down, and a lot more money to lose by doing so.

The senior management team made some serious errors in guiding this game during the last few months, but those same people have moved on. And that has already made room for a different group of talented people to get their shot at making this a great game. People that will take some risks, and work very hard, because they have something to prove. This is their oportunity to take a raw deal, and turn it into something that will advance their careers. And I doubt very seriously that they havn't been waiting for this chance. I'm more excited about seeing what happens in the next 5 months, than I was about this game when I first started playing it.

I can.

Hope that helps. ;p

I also respect your Opinion but what I see is a game that has dropped its NA population by 50%. Game patches that have included basic stuff that should of been pre-packaged at release. Game patches that have broken one aspect of the game, which is healing in PVP. No open pvp, ranked WZ's flooded with OP(FOTM) classes (just like WoW), junk added into patches like random pets where more time could of been spent on fixing other things, horrible pve FP's and I mean horrible becuase any average slob can do NM there is no seperation or nothing to look foward too, Gear grind for WH is just stupid unless you are with a winning team in ranked WZ's (I dont play every night and I dont have the time to do so even so it shouldnt take me 3 weeks to get a Chest piece because pugging with the Reps sucks on my server)

Anyway everything that you stated is more conjecture than what I have to offer. I am basing my opinion on what I have seen so far, which does not bold well for future content

No data, he just stated his server went from being 600+ people being on fleet to a 150 player base, that is a 400% decrease in a single player base in less then a month

pretty sure NONE of the servers have had 600+ on fleet. New isntanes get created at around 250. That would be 3 fleets. Ive personally never seen 2 full fleets. People play on the other planets you know.....

Ah thats really not data. A snap shot reference vs two points thats may or may not be in the same

Time period and may or may not count multiple instances of fleets given by some thst is unhappy with the changes to healing.

His opinion is fine but strictly an opinion. He would have been more correct to say is the end near for him? That is in his control. But anyone that thinks this game would be shutdown has left reality. Its pd for code.

Again tho, he is certainly correct to voice his concerns and what it could mean for him.

I have a great time in this game but clearly I play differently than most. I have played since March and have only one LVL 50. I love all the extras in the game and I look around as I level rather than following the target. My doubts come with all the "layoffs" and "restructuring" with no mention of what is going on. When all you see from the outside is hundreds losing their jobs and only the EA PR spin to make you feel better, it casts a major shadow on things. I'm not an expert at running a gaming company, but in the absence of fact we have nothing but theories and the few videos they have circulated. Joveth was very active with posting and I haven't seen him since the layoffs (except on Twitter about non SWTOR things). There were all these plans he spoke of to work with the community and now silence. I feel something terrible has happened. <-- yes I did that on purpose.

Up until this point I've been very positive but given they have not put out a single word other than the forum highlights (which I love please keep it up) and maintenance notices since this latest wave of layoffs it does leave one wondering what is going on. The last minute spin put on it by EA after the fact wasn't very helpful. Given the earnings call coming up I'm sure that's intentional.

Suffice to say I'm going to play and have fun for as long as it's here, but this is not the best PR job for sure and is just feeding posts like this one.

pretty sure NONE of the servers have had 600+ on fleet. New isntanes get created at around 250. That would be 3 fleets. Ive personally never seen 2 full fleets. People play on the other planets you know.....

Keep your head in the sand for all i care

and the math stays the same regardless on how you switch the numbers, it still a 400% decrease in player base in a single server regardless

my math 600/150= 400% drop

your math 500/125= 400% drop

Edited by Ensquire

Ah thats really not data. A snap shot reference vs two points thats may or may not be in the same

Time period and may or may not count multiple instances of fleets given by some thst is unhappy with the changes to healing.

His opinion is fine but strictly an opinion. He would have been more correct to say is the end near for him? That is in his control. But anyone that thinks this game would be shutdown has left reality. Its pd for code.

Again tho, he is certainly correct to voice his concerns and what it could mean for him.

Ok well the only true part is I dont have numbers for you. But what I do have is my own two eyes. Since the server merger the population has gone down alot. Now I play mostly during the week and maybe 2-3 times due to other things going on. Anyway this is what I have seen, first two weeks full server multiple full fleets, worlds packed with people, new people rolling in, old people rerolling, 15-20min ques to get into the server(which i didnt mind becuase that meant there was a healthy population). Now in the last two weeks its has gone from full to heavy, most of the time there is only one fleet (at half capacity the majority of the night except for 1 or 2 hours), people just trolling in general not even playing the game, a few other minor things that isnt really important enough to list. Overall what I have seen is not a good sign.

Is it comming up shortly for TOR?? Seeing that we already went though server "transfers", really server merges and 1.3 finally brought this game out of Beta will there be a future for TOR? I for one would like to say yes but the numbers are starting to look pretty bad. The new server I am on went from two full fleets to one fleet at half capacity in the period of less than a month.

What I want to know is how will they fix the problems with PVP and what expansion content do they really plan on for this game? Right now I see nothing but bells and whistles with stuff added in that should of been released at launch. 1.2 was a disaster for healing and killed the only open world pvp. Rated WZ's dont work becuase the majority of the class balance has made extreme imbalances. Nerfing healing crushed almost every healing class except one (why would I roll another healing class just to heal again??) Anyway I am not to impressed by the current outlook of the game.

If you close your eyes, concentrate hard, and tap your heels together, maybe the game will fail.

I've seen MMOs come out way more broken, with much less hype, and a much smaller subscription base, and they are still online.

World of Warcraft is the mother of them. It started broken and buggy as hell.

Star Trek Online didn't have half the game features it promised during development, but its still here.

Champions online was released incomplete.

I could go on, but anyone who's been in an MMO at launch knows, there are games doing just fine today, and they had a way more shaky launch.

The maintanence times and patches Star Wars has seen are because Bioware is working VERY hard to bring this game up to date and add missing features to the game, features they themselves wanted in the game, but couldn't put it, as they were forced to release the game last Decemeber by EA, who didn't want Bioware pushing up the release date anymore, and frankly, neither did the fans.

It takes most players less than a month to burn thru content provided by an Expansion in any MMO, why would this game be any different?

I've been playing 4 toons since March after lvling a single lvl 50 starting during late beta. Those 4 toons are now around lvl 25. I have yet to leave Taris with them, because there's just so much to do, and the 6 to 8 hours a day I play never seems to be enough.

If you've burned thru the content already and are bored, then go do something else. If your existence hinges upon Star Wars having enough content to keep you entertained, then what a sad existence you have.

They are working on the game, this game has been top-notch for those of us who do more than PvP, and I've never seen a better launch of an MMO to date.

The real problem is self-absorbed whiners who want their entertainment NOW, and done their way. You guys could complain about the lack of rain on a sunny day.

If you don't like this game anymore, or never did, then move on.

Why you feel the need to cry like a gilted lover who hopes to see his ex live in misery, just makes me shake my head in disbelief. One would think you have better things to do with your time.

Appearantly not.

I have seen two full fleets almost for a week and a half straight. I know other people play on other planets but the LFG system still needs to be tweaked hence the reason why everyone who is at end game goes to fleet.

I also respect your Opinion but what I see is a game that has dropped its NA population by 50%. Game patches that have included basic stuff that should of been pre-packaged at release. Game patches that have broken one aspect of the game, which is healing in PVP. No open pvp, ranked WZ's flooded with OP(FOTM) classes (just like WoW), junk added into patches like random pets where more time could of been spent on fixing other things, horrible pve FP's and I mean horrible becuase any average slob can do NM there is no seperation or nothing to look foward too, Gear grind for WH is just stupid unless you are with a winning team in ranked WZ's (I dont play every night and I dont have the time to do so even so it shouldnt take me 3 weeks to get a Chest piece because pugging with the Reps sucks on my server)

Anyway everything that you stated is more conjecture than what I have to offer. I am basing my opinion on what I have seen so far, which does not bold well for future content

Well certainly some of my post was opinion, but the direct contention to your argument is not. The fiscal solvency of the game is based on data. The stabilization of the servers is based on data. The past history of the genre is based on data, not my opinion. My contention was that there is no contradictory data available that would suggest otherwise.

From that point on, yes, I added my opinion, which is subject to your reprove. My opinion is that posts such as yours hurt the game more then the issues with the game. We can argue that all day.....and probably will LOL....but the bottom line here is that the game, based on past observation of the genre, the fiscal data available, the level and stabilization of subscriptions is not in danger at this time.

....and yes, in regard to improvements to the game, I can agree that there are some needed. Crafting is one of my personal peeves. To that you will get no argument from me, but I see that as a staple for the genre in that these games start with a basic shell and then grow and evolve, improve, over the next seven to ten years. This one has been out just over six months and has demonstrated a solid track-record of improvement in that six months. Will that continue? Indication is that it will....but we will see. ;p

If you close your eyes, concentrate hard, and tap your heels together, maybe the game will fail.

I've seen MMOs come out way more broken, with much less hype, and a much smaller subscription base, and they are still online.

World of Warcraft is the mother of them. It started broken and buggy as hell.

Star Trek Online didn't have half the game features it promised during development, but its still here.

Champions online was released incomplete.

I could go on, but anyone who's been in an MMO at launch knows, there are games doing just fine today, and they had a way more shaky launch.

The maintanence times and patches Star Wars has seen are because Bioware is working VERY hard to bring this game up to date and add missing features to the game, features they themselves wanted in the game, but couldn't put it, as they were forced to release the game last Decemeber by EA, who didn't want Bioware pushing up the release date anymore, and frankly, neither did the fans.

It takes most players less than a month to burn thru content provided by an Expansion in any MMO, why would this game be any different?

I've been playing 4 toons since March after lvling a single lvl 50 starting during late beta. Those 4 toons are now around lvl 25. I have yet to leave Taris with them, because there's just so much to do, and the 6 to 8 hours a day I play never seems to be enough.

If you've burned thru the content already and are bored, then go do something else. If your existence hinges upon Star Wars having enough content to keep you entertained, then what a sad existence you have.

They are working on the game, this game has been top-notch for those of us who do more than PvP, and I've never seen a better launch of an MMO to date.

The real problem is self-absorbed whiners who want their entertainment NOW, and done their way. You guys could complain about the lack of rain on a sunny day.

If you don't like this game anymore, or never did, then move on.

Why you feel the need to cry like a gilted lover who hopes to see his ex live in misery, just makes me shake my head in disbelief. One would think you have better things to do with your time.

Appearantly not.

See the things is you listed everything that was wrong with the game to start off with. This game is just out of Beta 8 months in after launch and yet you say I am a self-absorbed whiner. What I am complaining about is the fact that alot of the true MMO community wanted a bit more variation with FP's, something that created a challenge. Instead we got what we got. The pvp community wanted to be able to fight in the streets, so they made a pvp planet that failed so miserably they took it out of the game. They then changed healing and class balance without actually listening to people that were on the PTS. Hence the now endangered species called the Commando Medic.

Anyway the list goes on and on so here is the best way I can sum up what I have seen so far. Now I am taking this from another individual but my thoughts are exactally the same.

TOR as a Whole

Story Arcs & Voice Overs = Fantastic

PVE = Adequate

PVP = Horrible

Space Experience = Vacant

World Exploration = Restrictive

MMO Infrastructure:????

Trade System (Auctions) = Misery

Group Finder = Limited but finally available

Guild Perks/Features = Just a bank

Macro and 3rd Party Tools = Unavailable

End of the road? Not by a long shot. More content is coming: new planet, HK-51 companion, new race and much more. People need to be freaking patient. The end is a very long way off.

Oh, please. The content is 1 planet and a "galaxy-wide" quest line. Both of them will be completed in 2, maybe 3 days max. Chances are you won't be revisiting Makeb, and HK will most probably be sitting on my ship with the rest of my comps if I need to gear him up to level 50 standard. Even if I wanted to use him, the novelty would be quickly worn away by seeing hordes of identical HKs on the fleet. I don't really know anyone who actually asked for/wanted to play Cathar in the first place, from what I've read people want some more ALIEN looking races like Nautolan.

Are you suggesting people should pay a monthly fee to "be patient"? If Bioware actually used the potential of Star Wars to it's advantage then we wouldn't be in this mess. I mean, 1 world event in 7 months?

Well certainly some of my post was opinion, but the direct contention to your argument is not. The fiscal solvency of the game is based on data. The stabilization of the servers is based on data. The past history of the genre is based on data, not my opinion. My contention was that there is no contradictory data available that would suggest otherwise.

From that point on, yes, I added my opinion, which is subject to your reprove. My opinion is that posts such as yours hurt the game more then the issues with the game. We can argue that all day.....and probably will LOL....but the bottom line here is that the game, based on past observation of the genre, the fiscal data available, the level and stabilization of subscriptions is not in danger at this time.

....and yes, in regard to improvements to the game, I can agree that there are some needed. Crafting is one of my personal peeves. To that you will get no argument from me, but I see that as a staple for the genre in that these games start with a basic shell and then grow and evolve, improve, over the next seven to ten years. This one has been out just over six months and has demonstrated a solid track-record of improvement in that six months. Will that continue? Indication is that it will....but we will see. ;p

I dont actually want to hurt the game, but maybe we could have a discussion on what actually could be done to help the game. To build on what you have you first have to list your failures,bad concepts and overall lack of forsight. Hence the reason why I listed what I did.

Keep your head in the sand for all i care

and the math stays the same regardless on how you switch the numbers, it still a 400% decrease in player base in a single server regardless

my math 600/150= 400% drop

your math 500/125= 400% drop

Some (maybe u? Dunno) seem way to invested in thinking you are hurting the game on the forums. Makes me wonder if there is not some talking points out there. Anyway carry on, but you are not seriously thinking you have a real fact there are you?

Oh, please. The content is 1 planet and a "galaxy-wide" quest line. Both of them will be completed in 2, maybe 3 days max. Chances are you won't be revisiting Makeb, and HK will most probably be sitting on my ship with the rest of my comps if I need to gear him up to level 50 standard. Even if I wanted to use him, the novelty would be quickly worn away by seeing hordes of identical HKs on the fleet. I don't really know anyone who actually asked for/wanted to play Cathar in the first place, from what I've read people want some more ALIEN looking races like Nautolan.

Are you suggesting people should pay a monthly fee to "be patient"? If Bioware actually used the potential of Star Wars to it's advantage then we wouldn't be in this mess. I mean, 1 world event in 7 months?

(This thread is to compliment your thread)

HK-47... This game is a MMO, who really cares about a NPC companion