help my fps is horrible

algdroberts

more than you ever needed to know. its not old at all. i leveled from 1 to 43 with no problems what so ever. 1.3 comes out and now i cant visit fleet or pvp

Processor Name Intel Core i5-2430M

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor Speed 2.4 GHz

RAM 6 GB

Weight 5.6 lb

Screen Size 15.6 inches

Screen Size Type Widescreen

Native Resolution 1366 x 768

Graphics Card Intel HD Graphics 3000

Graphics Memory 64

Storage Capacity (as Tested) 750 GB

Rotation Speed 5400 rpm

Networking Options 802.11n

Primary Optical Drive DVD+R DL

Wireless Display Capability (WiDi) Yes

WiMax Yes

Battery Type 74 Whr (Watt hours)

Tech Support 1 year parts and labor.

MobileMark 2007 – Standard Battery Productivity Load (hrs:min) 7:42

MobileMark 2007- Performance score 278

PCMark Vantage 2255

3-D BENCHMARK TESTS - 3DMark06 - 1,024 x 768 - Default 4831

3-D BENCHMARK TESTS - 3DMark06 - Native – 0X/4X 4013

Crysis - Medium quality - 1,024 x 768 - AA/AF=Off/Off 15.7

Lost Planet 2 (DX9) - Middle quality - 1,024 x 768- AA/AF=Off/Off 19.1

MULTIMEDIA TESTS - Handbrake 1:50 min:sec

MULTIMEDIA TESTS - PhotoShop CS5 4:02 min:sec

MULTIMEDIA TESTS - CineBench 11.5 2.68

i think thats everything

I would look at updating your video drivers but doubt your going to see any huge gains. Maybe adjust everything down to low quality or off and see what your fps is then. After that slowly turn the shiney stuff back on. Since your graphics are on board you might want to see how much ram is being dedicated for video also.

check your graphics settings. sometimes they get reset after a patch or update.

set everything to off or its lowest setting. see if that helps. having the best looking game is crap if it plays like a slide show.

fleet lag will always be there.

lack of memory in the video card hurts a lot in this game as there is no means to turn off a lot of fluffy graphics. like flames, fog/gas and etc not needed to play the game but is just there for ambiance.

good luck as any middle of the line graphics card two years old or older has a problem with this game. with the economy as it is it is idiotic for anyone to recommend buying a new computer.

check your graphics settings. sometimes they get reset after a patch or update.

set everything to off or its lowest setting. see if that helps. having the best looking game is crap if it plays like a slide show.

fleet lag will always be there.

lack of memory in the video card hurts a lot in this game as there is no means to turn off a lot of fluffy graphics. like flames, fog/gas and etc not needed to play the game but is just there for ambiance.

good luck as any middle of the line graphics card two years old or older has a problem with this game. with the economy as it is it is idiotic for anyone to recommend buying a new computer.

He doesn't need a new computer, he needs a new video card that can actually run games. Right now you can get a ton of good cards that will run this game great for a very, very low price.

still sucks with everything set to very low. yeah ok the card sucks but it was working just fine. what would cause it to go from running smoothly to choppy, its the same card.

Stressing out the card is probably doing it. It wasn't made to handle graphically intensive games.

He doesn't need a new computer, he needs a new video card that can actually run games. Right now you can get a ton of good cards that will run this game great for a very, very low price.

actually he does... as that is a laptop and you cant change the vid card in it

more than you ever needed to know. its not old at all. i leveled from 1 to 43 with no problems what so ever. 1.3 comes out and now i cant visit fleet or pvp

Processor Name Intel Core i5-2430M

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor Speed 2.4 GHz

RAM 6 GB

Weight 5.6 lb

Screen Size 15.6 inches

Screen Size Type Widescreen

Native Resolution 1366 x 768

Graphics Card Intel HD Graphics 3000

Graphics Memory 64

Storage Capacity (as Tested) 750 GB

Rotation Speed 5400 rpm

Networking Options 802.11n

Primary Optical Drive DVD+R DL

Wireless Display Capability (WiDi) Yes

WiMax Yes

Battery Type 74 Whr (Watt hours)

Tech Support 1 year parts and labor.

MobileMark 2007 – Standard Battery Productivity Load (hrs:min) 7:42

MobileMark 2007- Performance score 278

PCMark Vantage 2255

3-D BENCHMARK TESTS - 3DMark06 - 1,024 x 768 - Default 4831

3-D BENCHMARK TESTS - 3DMark06 - Native – 0X/4X 4013

Crysis - Medium quality - 1,024 x 768 - AA/AF=Off/Off 15.7

Lost Planet 2 (DX9) - Middle quality - 1,024 x 768- AA/AF=Off/Off 19.1

MULTIMEDIA TESTS - Handbrake 1:50 min:sec

MULTIMEDIA TESTS - PhotoShop CS5 4:02 min:sec

MULTIMEDIA TESTS - CineBench 11.5 2.68

i think thats everything

I run an i5 Alienware , and it runs on max settings...let me check ...

Win7 premimum service pack 1

i5-2320 @ 3 GHz

8gig ram (7.90 usable)

64 bit OS

video card : GForce GT 545 , 1 gig dedicated ram

and this rig runs the game on max settings. I actually have to turn things down because it hurts my eyes.

If you can't run it on min, either the graphics card is damaged, or you got a virus or something running in the back ground sucking up all your resources.

(edit)

Whopsie ! It is your graphics. Intel HD Graphics ? Thats the built in mother board , and weigth 5.6 lbs ? You're on a lap top.

Do you have a good graphics card ? did it get switched off ? Did you plug the monitor into the wrong graphics port ?

Edited by KivanSane

The only part you can upgrade yourself is the memory and that wont help in this case doing anything else violates your warranty most likely swapping memory sticks as well even if a halfblind clown could do that and if you are thinking about going on youtube to find videos how to exchange x parts it's just gonna cost you more money then buying a new PC eventually so don't try. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.