Rare Crystals

PuntaSur

From today's Dev Chat:

Dyronis: Are there any plans on making Purple, Cyan, White crystals craftable by Artifice?

Jason: We don’t currently have any plans to make those colors craft-able. This might change in the future, but even if we introduce crafting schematics for them we intend for those lightsaber colors (especially White) to remain relatively rare.

So as I engage in leveling my alts, they will not have access to obtain these rare colors? I have a purple on my sniper obtained from the temporary vendor. When I realized it didn't provide any real improvement to the color of the special attacks of a sniper, I would MUCH prefer to send it to one of my other characters who wield a saber. At least make these things bound to legacy so we can transfer them on our account (same server).

I guess subscriptions and alta-holics are not encouraged much eh? They'll be as rare as these crystals....

Edited by PuntaSur

I just wish they stuck with the basic red/blue/green in all vendor bought weapons. It's annoying that black-red or black-blue is more common than just red or blue at this point.

Admittedly I think this because I hate the black crystals and think they're a bastardization of the lore.

At the very least cyan and purple should have been rakata. I'd be fine with purples and cyans all over the place as opposed to this black crap.

As a Sentinel with double white blades(5 mil). You missed out and it is your own fault. They clearly said the Vendor was temporary. I hope they never bring back white crystals.

I've seen this sorta "it's your fault" response whenever there are threads about rare crystal colours.

What about players who started playing just when 1.2 came out and the vendor removed? Why shouldn't they get a chance at getting those crystals? Are their $15/month not good as yours?

And don't give me any of that "I'm a veteran player" nonsense. If we want this game to grow, survive, and remain healthy, then every player should have the opportunity to earn these crystals. I am not asking for the crystals to be made easy to get. They should remain rare, but they should at least be accessible to those who put the time and effort in. As BioWare has noted before, most players do not have 1 million credits. So even under a vendor system, those crystals are rare.

I've seen this sorta "it's your fault" response whenever there are threads about rare crystal colours.

What about players who started playing just when 1.2 came out and the vendor removed? Why shouldn't they get a chance at getting those crystals? Are their $15/month not good as yours?

And don't give me any of that "I'm a veteran player" nonsense. If we want this game to grow, survive, and remain healthy, then every player should have the opportunity to earn these crystals. I am not asking for the crystals to be made easy to get. They should remain rare, but they should at least be accessible to those who put the time and effort in. As BioWare has noted before, most players do not have 1 million credits. So even under a vendor system, those crystals are rare.

I also remember them saying the purple crystal would be available to all thru crafting its why i maxed a artifice. Yet there no schematic and noway to gwt it unless your a imp. Just another way they got of making this game all about the imps and just throwing the rep side in so the devs have someone to test chit on.

are you kidding?

that crap happens all the time in mmos. i can't count the number of times i have asked people about a pet, or other in gmae item, and have them tell me it wa in the game however long ago, but no longer available. it happens, and i personally love it.

if somebody got here after the white crystals were available, oh well. crap happens. they can look forward to the next items that will be llimited, and then they can tell a newbie how it is no longer available.

I think they've messed up on the crystals things, they should have never put any stats on the crystals, instead they should have put lens in for lightsabers, scopes for blaster/rifles/cannons, and something else for techblades, vibroswords and vibrostaff (i think thats what they are called) and just left color crystals just that color crystals.

With the exception of White, and the different middle core color crystals the others should have been craftable. Make White, Red-black/blue-black/etc... rare to extremely rare to find.

I think they've messed up on the crystals things, they should have never put any stats on the crystals, instead they should have put lens in for lightsabers, scopes for blaster/rifles/cannons, and something else for techblades, vibroswords and vibrostaff (i think thats what they are called) and just left color crystals just that color crystals.

With the exception of White, and the different middle core color crystals the others should have been craftable. Make White, Red-black/blue-black/etc... rare to extremely rare to find.

i agree. color crystals fshould not have been given stats at all. it sucks when i "have" to give up my preferred color because the one i just got is so much better.

Ive been subbed since Early Access. I deserve more for being a dedicated player/customer. If people are going to quit over the color of my sabers, thats cool. I dont want that type of player in my game anyway. Go play the next complaint fest... GW2

The abusurdity of this is that vendor only benefited people who rushed to end game, and farmed credits. Everyone else was here from the beginning, and who took their time to try to stretch the game out, got nothing. So, the people who paid as much did get scr ewd out of a reward. Edited by Hambunctious

Ive been subbed since Early Access. I deserve more for being a dedicated player/customer. If people are going to quit over the color of my sabers, thats cool. I dont want that type of player in my game anyway. Go play the next complaint fest... GW2

And how exactly do you define "dedicated player/customer"? Purely on the basis of Early Access or starting the game before 1.2?

Are players who came after 1.2 and enjoy the game and play steadily versus those who got Early Access but quit the game less deserving? Or what about players in other parts of the world where BioWare decided not to release the game till late April 2012?

IMO, any player who puts in the time and energy to grind out the credits or do some very difficult crafting quest should have the opportunity for those crystals. At the very least, it's a more equitable and less self-centered system than what you are suggesting.

I also remember them saying the purple crystal would be available to all thru crafting its why i maxed a artifice. Yet there no schematic and noway to gwt it unless your a imp. Just another way they got of making this game all about the imps and just throwing the rep side in so the devs have someone to test chit on.

Same here. I was fully expecting to be able to craft these on my artifice sniper (first character). I could only afford ONE purple colored crystal from that vendor before it was removed. I don't have tons of time to do dailies and grind credits, as I work about 60 hours a week.

That purple crystal didn't do anything meaningful in terms of color enhancement for the sniper. I would LOVE to transfer it to a lightsaber wielding alternate character, and could do it if they made these legacy bound. It would be great if they offered a limited legacy usage to move one bound item once a month (30 day cooldown) between legacy characters. Limited to 12 times per year to use a feature like that? Sure would help with folks wanting to explore alts, which extends subscriptions while we wait for more content.

I'm wondering when we went from

Dzkiller: I’ve been looking for purple-colored crystals for my Lightsaber for a while now. I want to know where and how we can get it because I'm tired of walking around with a red Lightsaber for my Sith Sorcerer while the Character Progression video for the Inquisitor showed a Sorcerer with a purple Lightsaber.

Damion: We really wanted purple Lightsabers to not be trivial for anyone to get -- some things, a player should have to work for a little. That being said, this seems like an excellent opportunity to use some of the awesome fansite resources on the internet. The truth is out there!

to

Dyronis: Are there any plans on making Purple, Cyan, White crystals craftable by Artifice?

Jason: We don’t currently have any plans to make those colors craft-able. This might change in the future, but even if we introduce crafting schematics for them we intend for those lightsaber colors (especially White) to remain relatively rare.

in less than three months.

The abusurdity of this is that vendor only benefited people who rushed to end game, and farmed credits. Everyone else was here from the beginning, and who took their time to try to stretch the game out, got nothing. So, the people who paid as much did get scr ewd out of a reward.

hear, hear. the people who rush to 50 are the lazy ones, they didn't and still don't play for the story (story is the main focus of this game) so the people who rushed to 50 should be the ones to give up that "I got this and that and you no longer have the chance to get this item" it's childish to say the least.

The abusurdity of this is that vendor only benefited people who rushed to end game, and farmed credits. Everyone else was here from the beginning, and who took their time to try to stretch the game out, got nothing. So, the people who paid as much did get scr ewd out of a reward.

This is just plain wrong. I took my time to level my characters, got my first to 50 in about a month. Played end-game for a few weeks, raised some credits and bought myself the white crystal for 2 mill. Couple months later they remove the vendor.

Please don't cry that you didn't know about the crystals before they removed the vendor, there was more than enough time to get all of the available items at the time (I got the white crystal and the 2 mill speeder). All the credits I raised from doing dailies, so it was not a fast process.

EDIT: And I started playing when Aussie servers came out

Edited by Chaori

The game wasn't available in Australia until February, that was imports by the way. So you know next to nothing about the release dates for the rest of the world.

We all know the worst place in the world to be a gamer is Australia, you guys are always getting screwed.

360 and PS3 games selling for almost $100. Your government censoring games or not even releasing them. Your ISPs rip you off. Ive read the articles.

You should just expect to get screwed over at every turn. This is the 1st MMO Ive seen when they actually gave you your own servers right?

I mean no disrespect towards you, Im just stating what I have read.

Edited by Toweleeeie

We all know the worst place in the world to be a gamer is Australia, you guys are always getting screwed.

360 and PS3 games selling for almost $100. Your government censoring games or not even releasing them. Your ISPs rip you off. Ive read the articles.

You should just expect to get screwed over at every turn. This is the 1st MMO Ive seen when they actually gave you your own servers right?

I mean no disrespect towards you, Im just stating what I have read.

In terms of location, yes it is the first MMO to give the Asia Pacific region servers, but WoW (even though they were located in the USA) gave our region a few servers. It all depends on how you see it. But I still agree with the OP, we should all be given a chance to get those rare crystal. The purple crystals should be openly available to both factions, as it is it's showing that BW prefer people to play Imp characters.

In terms of location, yes it is the first MMO to give the Asia Pacific region servers, but WoW (even though they were located in the USA) gave our region a few servers. It all depends on how you see it. But I still agree with the OP, we should all be given a chance to get those rare crystal. The purple crystals should be openly available to both factions, as it is it's showing that BW prefer people to play Imp characters.

I agree with that for sure.

It would be cool to bring back the vendor on Aussie servers.

This isn't a QQ thread about not getting the crystal.

It is:

1. Pointing out a dev chat statement that contradicts a dev chat statement just three months ago where it was said that some of these would be craft-able (back when the temporary vendor was available), and now are not able to craft them.

2. Identifying that some of us may have gotten one or more of these crystals, and would greatly desire the chance to transfer them (via Legacy and cooldowns or other means) to our other characters who would benefit more from the color, and/or because we are focused on an alt while waiting on new content and/or after switching main characters.

3. Pointing out that new characters, even for founding veteran players, do not have a means to obtain these crystals and would like to have access to them by some means (ie: Legacy transfer, high dollar vendor credit sink, or crafting community) as a way to further enjoy that new character.