2859 RWZ Rated Juggernaut PvP Movie

selimonengut

You keep telling yourself that. This isn't Counter-Strike, this is an MMO, and backpedaling limits you, period. There is nothing you can achieve by limiting your movement speed via backpedaling that you couldn't achieve strafing, which doesn't limit your movement at all.

you can due to the craptastic camera snapback system you cant disable in this game. and loosing your coursor while mousemoving.

so you have to chose to either beeing able to move and switch your target on the run or beeing able to move by mousemovent wich is faster no doubt but having to tab through the enemies like the noob you claim a backpaddler is ;)

both is worthwhile in different situations

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name one.

If you're already at 10+ meters from the enemy, ready to leap, then no movement is required, instead of pressing the S-key for 0.5 seconds, you can just give yourself a quick w a n k while waiting for the GCD. If you are at less than 10 meters from the enemy and the situation requires a leap, then you're limiting yourself by maximizing the time it takes for your character to run into suitable range.

The first step of defeating a problem is admitting it. You're limiting yourself, period. If strafing and rotating the camera is too much for you to handle in addition to spamming your rotation and being aware about the flow of the match, then I have no clue why you're playing ranked PvP in the first place.

How about when I'm solo defending a node and there's nobody there, and I feel like running around randomly because I'm bored?

How about when I'm in the pit and I want to leap to someone who is just a bit too far for me to get line of sight, so I'm jumping up and down spamming my leap key while moving back and forth slightly since it's impossible to actually measure the exact spot that I need?

How about when I'm 1v1 against an infiltration shadow and I don't want to turn my back to him so that he can use shadow strike on me?

How about the fact that I don't play every single minute of this game like it's the olympics, and I just don't FEEL like strafing because it's simply easier to press S and it makes no god damn difference anyway in a WZ full of scrubs who I am going to dominate either way.

The part that you idiots are continuing to ignore is that I can strafe any time I want and the majority of the time that is what I'm doing. The point is that just because someone backpedals for 2 seconds in a 15 minute game, does not mean he is some horrible noob, and anyone who entertains that opinion is a giant moron.

Whats more pathetic?

That a dude backpedaled in his PVP video for a few seconds

OR

That numerous people are willing to spend over a dozen forum pages arguing about the pros and cons of backpedaling and its merits in pvp.

People will argue over anything on the internet.

Meh.

It's usually from people who love to pepper other's input with negative opinion, but too cowardly to post up their own examples to back their claims, that idiot posts like these turn up.

Basically, there's nothing to really criticize, but still there's that twisted, pathetic need to degrade other's performance and voila, there you have it. Arguing over "backpeddling" *snicker*.... as if that never happens in their own game... or meeting people with lesser gear and stats.. right, I'm sure those hypocrites always move away from those weaker than themselves and always try to engage those stronger. Yeah, I'd bet. :rolleyes:

The thing is, backpeddling or strafing or what not, means nothing. Its just a method. A preference. Can you use strafing and get better results? Well woop-dee-too, good for you. Can someone else just use backpeddling now and then and still get reasonable results? Maybe. To each his own.

But really, any real PvPer who has certain amount of pride and confidence in their own skill don't look at meaningless petty stuff like whether you strafe or not, or use mouse clicks in some cases, or whatever. Those are unimportant and trifle things. Anyone with any bit of knowledge into PvP looks at how the person in the footage uses his skill at what timing, which enemies he chooses to engage first, what kind of exit strategy has, and if there's a move you can't understand, thinks about what made the guy in the video make such choices.

THOSE are the things that matter.

In short, ALL of the flaming idiots blabbing about backpedaling in this thread, has basically shown the PvP community what kind of PvP level their mind is set to... which, IMO, would be close to "zero".

Oi, you backpedal haters. You are welcome to post your own video of a character with higher RWZ ranking than the original poster, and show us how massively skilled you are by not using backpedaling at all. Show us your own ungodly super-duper maneuvering expertise.

If you can't do that, all of you are just simply smearing someone for petty reasons.

Really, I enjoy people coming up with "oooh the video footage so sucks.. I can do things 100 times better" comments, because then I can always request them of proof. I'm a sucky mediocre player, so any footage better than this one, I'd love to humbly watch and learn.

Let's see those footages of someone who has higher than a 2800+ ranking and does not use backpedaling at all, never fights lower geared opponents, and always fights someone fairly. Popcorn ready, let the show begin! :D

How about the fact that I don't play every single minute of this game like it's the olympics, and I just don't FEEL like strafing because it's simply easier to press S and it makes no gosh darn difference anyway in a WZ full of scrubs who I am going to dominate either way.

Here we get to the real reasons.

1) You don't give a **** about your perfomance.

2) You underestimate your opponents.

I agree, both are totally fine in PUG Warzones, since due to the lack of strategic gameplay from both parties it's the gear and team composition that decides the outcome of the match. But when you're playing RWZs against people who are in the best possible gear and "who treat it like the Olympics", no need to wonder why you will get your butt whooped, if you keep limiting your gameplay. Any player with half a brain cell can outmaneuver you if you keep backpedaling. I just wish this game had no autoturning like WoW back in the day, it would make an even bigger difference.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

Who said I get my butt whooped?

I don't have any problems in pvp thx.

And btw, this entire debate was sparked by a video showing a juggernaut who massively outgears his opponents. So I don't see how it being rated warzones has any relevance.

Hello everyone,

I see that the debate over backpedaling still continues. Some people actually made some claims which are neither flaming, nor commenting, just pure lies. The user cs_kimmo (the player name is Jolssoni from guild Harbringer) made some claims about being good in rwz. Let me enlighten you about the truth.

There was a 4v4 tournament at our server: The Tomb of Freedon Nadd. All the good guilds attended. Harbringer aswell. At their first match, they faced a strong team and Mr. Jolssoni who is so pro about maneuvering could not kite their dps and got completely wrecked. My evidence is lying on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwAbFoAHZM

Check 04:30 and you'll see Mr Jolssoni and how good he is about positioning (sarcasm). Oh btw, Warmonger won the tournament (our team). And I did perfectly fine. You will see me backpedal because I adjust my smash and with backpedal in mid air it hits multiple targets and allows MUCH MORE EASIER AND PRECISE POSITIONING.

We played some rated warzones against cs_kimmo (Jolssoni), I found the clips the least entertaining tbh. Not to mention that their guild announced me as a hacker who is hacking the game (they got confused about charge and intercede mechanics). But few hours later, they made an apology so it's fine. Btw cs_kimmo or Jolssoni, I am and I always will be unstoppable for you :) maybe after this post you might want to consider hiding your signature to hide your identity :)

Btw, I have nothing against harbringer, they are cool, but this false prophet on the other hand, is a scam artist :) I don't respect that.

BACKPEDAL is useful in certain situations. Period.

Let's keep the friendly discussion going

Edited by selimonengut

Whats more pathetic?

That numerous people are willing to spend over a dozen forum pages arguing about the pros and cons of backpedaling and its merits in pvp.

^ that

I'll argue over the internet on anything. :)

1) You don't give a s h i t about your perfomance.

I agree, both are totally fine in PUG Warzones, since due to the lack of strategic gameplay from both parties it's the gear and team composition that decides the outcome of the match. But when you're playing RWZs against people who are in the best possible gear and "who treat it like the Olympics", no need to wonder why you will get your butt whooped, if you keep limiting your gameplay. Any player with half a brain cell can outmaneuver you if you keep backpedaling. I just wish this game had no autoturning like WoW back in the day, it would make an even bigger difference.

I am talking about this guy :)

Hello everyone,

I see that the debate over backpedaling still continues. Some people actually made some claims which are neither flaming, nor commenting, just pure lies. The user cs_kimmo (the player name is Jolssoni from guild Harbringer) made some claims about being good in rwz. Let me enlighten you about the truth.

There was a 4v4 tournament at our server: The Tomb of Freedon Nadd. All the good guilds attended. Harbringer aswell. At their first match, they faced a strong team and Mr. Jolssoni who is so pro about maneuvering could not kite their dps and got completely wrecked. My evidence is lying on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwAbFoAHZM

Check 04:30 and you'll see Mr Jolssoni and how good he is about positioning (sarcasm). Oh btw, Warmonger won the tournament (our team). And I did perfectly fine. You will see me backpedal because I adjust my smash and with backpedal in mid air it hits multiple targets and allows MUCH MORE EASIER AND PRECISE POSITIONING.

We played some rated warzones against cs_kimmo (Jolssoni), I found the clips the least entertaining tbh. Not to mention that their guild announced me as a hacker who is hacking the game (they got confused about charge and intercede mechanics). But few hours later, they made an apology so it's fine. Btw cs_kimmo or Jolssoni, I am and I always will be unstoppable for you :) maybe after this post you might want to consider hiding your signature to hide your identity :)

Btw, I have nothing against harbringer, they are cool, but this false prophet on the other hand, is a scam artist :) I don't respect that.

BACKPEDAL is useful in certain situations. Period.

Let's keep the friendly discussion going

Ahh... see?

It's so clear and concise when we now get footage of BOTH people in action, so we can really compare who plays better, and which of the two would be more credible.

I go for the OP. The guardian in the midst of enemies doing nothing, getting overwhelmed, force leaping into god knows where... and then dropping dead... that certainly didn't look any better than the manuevering the OP did.

My 2 cents. :rolleyes:

Hoping you're not illiterate, Skulm, I'll post it in here as well:

1) I was in 12/13 Battlemaster gear at the time of the "pro tournament", so in addition to the lag spike (you know, those things that we, who don't have 100mbs+ broadbands, get. They prevent our clients from communicating with the server) I had during the fight, you guys would have bursted me down anyhow due to overgearing. We honestly gave no ****s about the whole thing, just thought it would be fun to participate for the laugh of it.

2) You can't be unstoppable to me and die by my hand at the same time, make up your mind, dude. You may be hard to kill with your Defence spec and pocket healer(s), but I've killed you more times than I care to count with my mediocre math skills. If you are as pro as you claim, why is it I hand your *** over to you in damage AND protection in 90% of the matches we play against? I can start taking screenshots from now on, if it'll make you feel any better.

3) You need to backpedal in order to successfully push and leap. That's nice. it can be read as "My hand-eye coordination is too weak to allow me to keep moving my avatar at full speed WHILE lining up my abilities". What does that say about you?

Can't be arsed to post here anymore. You're terribad, deal with it.

Edited by cs_Kimmo

Hoping you're not illiterate, Skulm, I'll post it in here as well:

1) I was in 12/13 Battlemaster gear at the time of the "pro tournament", so in addition to the lag spike (you know, those things that we, who don't have 100mbs+ broadbands, get. They prevent our clients from communicating with the server) I had during the fight, you guys would have bursted me down anyhow due to overgearing. We honestly gave no ****s about the whole thing, just thought it would be fun to participate for the laugh of it.

2) You can't be unstoppable to me and die by my hand at the same time, make up your mind, dude. You may be hard to kill with your Defence spec and pocket healer(s), but I've killed you more times than I care to count with my mediocre math skills. If you are as pro as you claim, why is it I hand your *** over to you in damage AND protection in 90% of the matches we play against? I can start taking screenshots from now on, if it'll make you feel any better.

3) You need to backpedal in order to successfully push and leap. That's nice. it can be read as "My hand-eye coordination is too weak to allow me to keep moving my avatar at full speed WHILE lining up my abilities". What does that say about you?

Lies, lies and more lies. If you do better, then why do I always win? As you have said before, admit that you have a problem :) stop lying.

Suddenly you started blaming your connection and gear.

If you don't have a connection then you can't talk about hand-eye coordination just so you know. You are sinking deeper for each sentence you write.

What I know for sure is you have no clue about your class since you play like a turret with one of the most mobile classes in the game. Check how I am maneuvering, using my rotations and spells, and check yours. Your just a useless player in that grp. Sorry.

Run like the wind son :)

1) You don't give a s h i t about your perfomance.

Hoping you're not illiterate, Skulm,

We honestly gave no ****s about the whole thing, just thought it would be fun to participate for the laugh of it.

I'm not defending backpeddling in any way because it does limit you, but scrubs crying scrub is something that grinds my gears. You do realise that the team setup skulm plays in relies heavily on coordinated cc rather than turreting damage right? people like you, who chase numbers rather than playing the game are the worst thing about the current swtor.

Please stop posting until u even get close to beating a warmonger premade

how about when i'm solo defending a node and there's nobody there, and i feel like running around randomly because i'm bored?

How about when i'm in the pit and i want to leap to someone who is just a bit too far for me to get line of sight, so i'm jumping up and down spamming my leap key while moving back and forth slightly since it's impossible to actually measure the exact spot that i need?

How about when i'm 1v1 against an infiltration shadow and i don't want to turn my back to him so that he can use shadow strike on me?

How about the fact that i don't play every single minute of this game like it's the olympics, and i just don't feel like strafing because it's simply easier to press s and it makes no gosh darn difference anyway in a wz full of scrubs who i am going to dominate either way.

The part that you idiots are continuing to ignore is that i can strafe any time i want and the majority of the time that is what i'm doing. The point is that just because someone backpedals for 2 seconds in a 15 minute game, does not mean he is some horrible noob, and anyone who entertains that opinion is a giant moron.

lol. Qft.

Yeah this video totally compromises Dmasterr claims of being "best in the world" at anything really.

Average gameplay at best, solid proof that ELO means nothing in this game ATM.

ELO does not claim to be comparable across isolated populations. E.g. ELO 2800 on fatman does not equal ELO 2800 on another server. This is a property of most (all?) statistical rating systems that take win/loss results as their only input.

CONTRAST: An example of a rating system that takes things other than win/loss into account is the NFL QB rating and other similar stats.

ELO does not claim to be comparable across isolated populations. E.g. ELO 2800 on fatman does not equal ELO 2800 on another server. This is a property of most (all?) statistical rating systems that take win/loss results as their only input.

CONTRAST: An example of a rating system that takes things other than win/loss into account is the NFL QB rating and other similar stats.

Err the point of having such system is because it's supposed to be relatively accurate gauge of skill. For example you wouldn't expect someone rated 2800 on USWest to be significantly better or worse than someone rated 2800 on USEast in Warcraft 3 (their level system is just a variant of ELO) even though those two servers don't share any common users.

The problem with the current rating is that because there's no meaningful matchmaking of any kind, so the highest rated person is the person who can win at least 99% of his games after counting disconnection as a loss and play the most games in that kind of circumstance. Using the standard 400 points difference = 99% win rate standard, if you assume the average team is no better than say 1500 this means if you're a 1900 or higher rating you can get arbitarily high rating by just playing enough games since the chance of actually being matched up against a 1900+ team is almost nonexistent. A 1900 rating team that plays 1000 games will definitely have a better rating than a 2300 rating team that plays only 100 games, even though that's not supposed to happen.

Nice vidéo man !

Its fun to see ppl trashtalking about backpedaling when its only a situational use.

I saw a com about Skulm never taunting etc.

As one of his pocket healer, i can say Skulm ALWAYS taunt goods target at goods moments, and its the same with guard switching. He use it like he have to do.

Also, @Cs_Kimmo :

When there is a good tank with or against my premade, i ALWAYS notice him, because a good tank will be a nightmare ( at least it will be harder ) for focus fire with taunts/cc/guardswitching.

The thing is, when we played your premade 3 times in a row last week, i dont know what you exactly tryed to do, but definitivly not your job.. ( /lol our dps when they was ****** u was fun but it not help ur mates )

BTW, taunting an healer is useless and it dont reduce my heal, just sayin.

~ Croustibat

Whats more pathetic?

That a dude backpedaled in his PVP video for a few seconds

OR

Not just on the Internet; it just gets dragged out on forums, because it's not really real time.

As for backpeddling, it's very useful for climbing in this game.