The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Transfer Credits between factions using legacy kits

Padmorrow

Has anyone noticed that you can use those legacy construction kits to transfer credits between factions? You just send an in-game mail to your cross faction alt, attach the kit and add credits. I hadn't ever seen a thread on this topic yet, but I know it's something that has been extremely useful for me. Likely something that will get ironed out in future patches, but thought it was worth sharing for those who didn't know.

Has anyone noticed that you can use those legacy construction kits to transfer credits between factions? You just send an in-game mail to your cross faction alt, attach the kit and add credits. I hadn't ever seen a thread on this topic yet, but I know it's something that has been extremely useful for me. Likely something that will get ironed out in future patches, but thought it was worth sharing for those who didn't know.

You can just send the credits by themselves. It's intentional.

I don't understand why they put credit restrictions at all now that the Empire and Republic GTNs are connected. Players always find a way around it...frankly they're just wasting their time.

Not sure if there's a credit limit, since I've never sent more than 300,000-ish credits at a time to an alt (for Legacy III Speeder Training + the cost of a rank three speeder), but I know that you can send at least that much to your alt.

(I think I did, anyway. Whatever the cost of I/II/III legacy speeder was on top of 150,000. Not sure what it is anymore since that character is my main and it won't tell me the cost of stuff I've bought.).

Not sure if there's a credit limit, since I've never sent more than 300,000-ish credits at a time to an alt (for Legacy III Speeder Training + the cost of a rank three speeder), but I know that you can send at least that much to your alt.

(I think I did, anyway. Whatever the cost of I/II/III legacy speeder was on top of 150,000. Not sure what it is anymore since that character is my main and it won't tell me the cost of stuff I've bought.).

There's not a limit. I've transferred millions back and forth.

And here i thought i was being sneaky lol

Lol! No worries. Its hard to know sometimes. But listen, if you can find a way I can share my bound items across factions, I'll pay you! I have cargos full of stuff I can't share with legacy characters and I think I should be able to!