Highly frustrated and disappointed

BigGuyEleven

There have been a billion threads about losing names.

Here's my question, especially for those of you who lost all 8 names and a Legacy name to the transfers. When you guys first created your characters, did the game engine accept the first name you put in? If not, you decided to change it to something else. I have never read a thread here about someone who absolutely refused to play & unsubbed because they were refused a name at character creation. Why is this any different? Even if you didn't lose a name at character creation, would you have refused to play the game at all if your had-it-since-I-played-D&D-at-the-age-of-eight name had been taken?

All my characters had the names and appearance of characters from kotor. now they have the appearance and not the names, an it is just stupid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As opposed to the guy at work who gets pissed off over getting written up for cussing at a customer, even though he's "been cursing at customers for months and nothing happened before now".

Quit being a prissy little baby and stop crying over having the rules enforced.

That reference wasn't about the fact I had my named changed it was more of the fact that I vented A lil about how i did (check my prior post). Someone responded (Nose plugged voice) "well it says right here you shouldn't have done that." ahaha. Thank you Captain Obvious i would never have guessed that without you showing me an exact reference of the rules. After all that BS with changing my name, that THAT was the reason it happened

Edited by Ensquire

That reference wasn't about the fact I had my named changed it was more of the fact that I vented A lil about how i did (check my prior post) and someone responded (Nose plugged voice) "well it says right here you shouldn't have done that." ahaha, Thank you Captain Obvious i would never have guessed that without you showing me an exact reference of the rules, after all that BS with changing my name, that THAT was the reason it happened

pe·ri·od

n.

10. A punctuation mark ( . ) indicating a full stop, placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete, and after many abbreviations.:rak_03:

thanks teach ;)

Just yankin' ya.

On topic, if you pick more original names, you'll never have to worry about this (kinda). I had 2 names I would have bet money I would lose, but didn't. I did lose one that I never thought I would :confused:

I want to feel bad for those that lost names, and I do a little. Then I remember that they are names of characters in a video game. If you refuse to adapt to that, what is going to happen when life throws you a REAL curve ball? Some of you are acting like some one deleted your RL name, and forced you to change it. Come on.

I like RP more than the average player, but I don't know how you can't just move past it.

never before has something frustrated me so bad that i felt i needed to make a post about it but i have to vent. I've been here from the very beginning, never once stopped paying for my account, kept it going even after most of my friends left and i needed to take a break because it was boring not having friends to play with. I felt like playing so logged on to play and saw that my server was dead, was fine with transferring thinking it would make the game fun once again with a full server.

I get transferred and the two names i wanted to keep were taken so i had to change them, very frustrating but i can deal with it. But i also couldn't keep my legacy name, that is unacceptable. Losing two names i loved and my legacy name? I don't even want to play anymore now, for the first time i'm starting to think of canceling my account. The legacy name was just that, a legacy for me, it was the name i used since i first started playing mmos back in eq.

wwwaaaahhh!!! Mommy! Someone has my name in a video game and i lost it wwaaaaahhh

i have no life, waaahhhhhhhhhhh

One time I bought a game. I picked the server I wanted to play on and my name was taken. I cancelled my game immediately and didn't even make it to characters select.

Not really.

However, one time I took a free transfer in WoW and lost all my names. Didn't care.

Just yankin' ya.

On topic, if you pick more original names, you'll never have to worry about this (kinda). I had 2 names I would have bet money I would lose, but didn't. I did lose one that I never thought I would :confused:

I want to feel bad for those that lost names, and I do a little. Then I remember that they are names of characters in a video game. If you refuse to adapt to that, what is going to happen when life throws you a REAL curve ball? Some of you are acting like some one deleted your RL name, and forced you to change it. Come on.

I like RP more than the average player, but I don't know how you can't just move past it.

Honestly I really enjoyed that i got to pick a new legacy name with my transfer "Hitchhyker" as opposed to "Yayo." I really had no idea what legacy meant when i first played and that it would stick with ALL my characters. I was kind of pissed at myself that "Yayo" was my legacy name

Edited by Ensquire

Just yankin' ya.

who in life hasn't had their fair share of curve balls? not sure if you are fishing for battle scars or what, but a lot of people i know like to play games because they do not have to deal with life handing them lemons in the process. sure we have to kill stuff that might kill us first... but do u see us post a thread every time we die on a class quest?

the reason people are so upset is because bioware did not take any measures to mitigate name loss... which was spoken about in the forums for months prior to transfers, and none of the input from the community was taken to heart. also, people working at EA and bioware are familiar with cconventioned used in previous mmos to mitigate name loss during a transfer... and none of them were taken.

due to the neglegence of bioware leading to the loss of immersion by the customer, we are here... with people complaining about digital strings and you... taking your time to belittle those who have prolly had a harder life than you.

this is my first and last mmo. how was i suppose to know to save my names on every single server? bioware never told me that they would delete the server my guild was assigned to, and that losing all my character names would follow... i already spent enough time learning how to not tick off all the zerg mmo leetards... and responding to posts like this.

Starbreeze. Nothing amazing or anything, just the first surname I used and have used in every game I played since that I could. I'm attached to the name and not being able to use it feels wrong to me, I won't be as connected to my characters.

Your attachment to the name is really the problem. It's a fictitious thing... you really shouldn't be that attached to it.

I also wonder why there were no alternates available with special characters... like Starbreezé or Starbréeze or something similar. There were ways to keep the name rather than just torching it.

Starbreeze. Nothing amazing or anything, just the first surname I used and have used in every game I played since that I could. I'm attached to the name and not being able to use it feels wrong to me, I won't be as connected to my characters.

You can always use an ascii equivalent.

Like Stαrbreeze

Why didn't you just add a special character to it? It's just a legacy name, not like people would have a hard time sending you tells.

Thats my thoughts as well. If you dont know what the ascii codes are you can access the character map in control panel in windows XP.

Windows vista/ windows 7

Open Character Map by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking Character Map.

There are some cool characters

Yndrаs™

Edited by Yndras

The one bummer about the weird characters is it becomes harder to do a chat.

I got a whisper from someone asking if I wanted to group for a quest.

I hit /r

Got the reply to with the name in it, weird character and everything. Typed "Sure"

"Player Not Found"

I then had to alt-tab out of the game to look up the alt-key-code for that character in question and manually type a /w <name> Sure

The one bummer about the weird characters is it becomes harder to do a chat.

I got a whisper from someone asking if I wanted to group for a quest.

I hit /r

Got the reply to with the name in it, weird character and everything. Typed "Sure"

"Player Not Found"

I then had to alt-tab out of the game to look up the alt-key-code for that character in question and manually type a /w <name> Sure

On a regular name, this can be a problem, because many people don't realize you can actually click the handle of someone speaking in chat and use that link to right click and add them to a group. Some people think you have to type in '/whisper <name>' at which point they have a hard time entering the irregular characters.

This is easily fixed by sending them a whisper and letting them know they can just right-click your name.

However, this issue was over the Legacy name, which does not factor into any of this. Apart from a label and in GUI text, it's never used for your character by other players.

I have been hundreds of times frustrated with this game. My first game from this company. I cannot understand why they want make their customers angry and frustrated. I will remember this when selecting games in the future. I'm still here only because of friends. And sorry not long anymore. I have 7 characters, highest shadow is level 48. To me the problem is balancing of solo game. I play a lot solo for many good reasons I don't tell now. Generally I often must be 2 or more levels higher than the task. Examples: Planet Quesh was the worst. Now it seems that I cannot get Voss through even if level 50. So do you designers want that all solo players leave when they reach about level 45 ? So it seems to me. I play in group when it feels so and solo when it feels so. Both sd be possible. Also to ordinary gamers. If somebody says now that I'm poor player, welcome to my backdoor.

Here’s my heart burn. I had 6 republic characters on my destination server. I had to delete them to make way for my empire toons. I wanted to keep my empire legacy name from the old server. Now I have the republic legacy name.

The worst thing is when I created my republic legacy name I asked some friends for suggestions. One of the guys is a prankster. The name I went with for my republic legacy name and now is stuck to my empire name means “Woman that licks her private” in some language (Polynesian) I think.

I have asked customer service to change it or at least reset it to where I can change it to something less profane. I was told by CS “We do not have the facility to change system parameters”. I can’t believe bioware devs have not seen fit to include something in their support models.

I mean Aion, Wow, Rift and other mmos has this function. Yes, some are a paid for option, but an option never the less. I believe customer service just doesn’t want the headaches.

Suggestion: have an option where we can reset our Legacy and character names. Have it as a paid feature in the web account settings.