Why Cather over Voss?

Bethmora

I dont really see them giving us Voss to play. I mean i thought that Voss was like a really secretive culture and the people where hesitant about interacting with outsiders? I think cathar makes more sense since we see them on the planets we have now. Do we see Voss on other planets? Cant remember.

I admit, I am somewhat confused over why so many people think Voss would be such a great choice for a playable race. Sure, they look neat, but other than that I am just not seeing it. :confused: Reasons:

1. Voss tend to have a unique speech pattern

2. They seem to be an insular people ("outsiders", they call us) and are firmly neutral

3. And the big one -- romance:

As a female smuggler, you can have a "fling" with your chaperone on Voss. After he recites some lovely poetry for you (very romantic/flirting), he mentions that he is married. When you questions him about it, he says something to the extent of: "Well of course I am married, how else could I be having these romantic thoughts about you? We Voss don't experience such feelings until after participating in the mating ritual. I hear you outsiders are different though? How strange." The video exists on youtube, if you are curious.

So, I can see that putting a wee bit of a monkey wrench into [flirt] options and the whole romance thing.

Cause first we had the Cathar complainers. BioWare then will put in Cathar.

Now we have the Togruta complainers. BioWare will then put in Togruta.

Then they will have the Nautolan complainers. BioWare will then put in Nautolan

Then they will have the Voss complainers. BioWare will then put in Voss.

Then they will have the Kel'dor complainers. BioWare will then put in Kel'dor

See how it goes? :) People can just never be happy it seems. Just be glad more species are coming in and aren't even part of an expansion just a content upgrade for FREE.

The races we see in the game will probably all be in the game at some point. You just have to be patient. Remember...just because it seems like it's been a month, actually means it's been more like only 2 days :p lol.

Edited by Sarfux

• 1 month later...
I'd be down for playing Voss, aslong as males don't come in one color which is blue and female only comes in red just like they currently are in game lol. They seem like a pretty cookie cutter species. Edited by DuckKing

• 7 months later...

So sick of the stereo typical cat race. They look frail and sh i tty even the name is crap. Soo many other RPG's have cat races why does SW need to follow suit when you have a whole galaxy of scum to choose from.

This Cather is low cost to develop but thats no excuse, they needed to give us full Droids. Droids Should be cheap for them do there are tons of Models and voices all waiting to be used for PC class. Voss, the Pigs, Reptile dudes ahh the examples are driving my anger, giving me focus. These developers need Sith justice.

SW has the biggest and coolest races and they do cats. Too many woman in this industry people, yep said it, and if this is a guy's idea then you know what to do, guns are readily available go out with a bang.

Because:

1) The community voted Cathar as the race they wanted most. We get that a minority of people may not like Cathar, but majority rules.

2) Voss are still neutral canonically. If you've played the Agent storyline you learn the reason for this. It's true that individual Voss can form allegiances like in Battle of Ilum, however that's the problem. Making Voss playable makes them a faction rather than individuals.

So sick of the stereo typical cat race. They look frail and sh i tty even the name is crap. Soo many other RPG's have cat races why does SW need to follow suit when you have a whole galaxy of scum to choose from.

This Cather is low cost to develop but thats no excuse, they needed to give us full Droids. Droids Should be cheap for them do there are tons of Models and voices all waiting to be used for PC class. Voss, the Pigs, Reptile dudes ahh the examples are driving my anger, giving me focus. These developers need Sith justice.

SW has the biggest and coolest races and they do cats. Too many woman in this industry people, yep said it, and if this is a guy's idea then you know what to do, guns are readily available go out with a bang.

You revived this thread just to post that?

They're not going to add something that requires them to do an entirely new class like Droids. Hell one look at the way the fleets and spaceports are laid out should tell you they never planned on adding other classes.

As far as the other races you're suggesting none of them would work. The way the game was designed has basically limited all races current or future to require the existing body types.

Because:

1) The community voted Cathar as the race they wanted most. We get that a minority of people may not like Cathar, but majority rules.

2) Voss are still neutral canonically. If you've played the Agent storyline you learn the reason for this. It's true that individual Voss can form allegiances like in Battle of Ilum, however that's the problem. Making Voss playable makes them a faction rather than individuals.

People actually choose this race.... now I know what Yoda felt during order 66.