Transferring War Hero

Digtahk

Being able to transfer war hero gear to alts is a noobish practice which needs to be stopped. How BW can allow this to take place is beyond me.

You still have to grind out the gear. There is really no difference except you get to grind it out on a character that is already geared.

Being able to transfer war hero gear to alts is a noobish practice which needs to be stopped. How BW can allow this to take place is beyond me.

"Bring back those recruit geared fresh 50s so theres at least somebody i have a chance killing"...

They grinded the stuff just like everyone else, the only difference is they are no cannonfodder when they hit 50 with their alts, which probably pisses you off.

There is a reason gear is BOP not BOA....even attempting to justify what amounts to b

latent abuse of game mechanics mechanics shows the level of person u clearly are.......Make the gear BOE so i can sell it then......

You still have to grind out the gear. There is really no difference except you get to grind it out on a character that is already geared.

Agreed and you still have to buy the BM stuff first as well.

No matter what it is not a trival task.

I beleive it is working as intended, otherwise the gear wouldnt be bind to legacy. I cant think of any reason to mail an empty shell of armor instead of just mailing the credits to buy the armor.

When it was first released I assumed the gear would level with your character similar to some heirlooms in some other games, but it does not, so transfering mods to help gear up an alt is the only way I can see the gear being a "Legacy" perk as it isn't something you can use to help your first character.

My level 26 operative has two pieces of war hero in the bank, and he'll have a 3rd this week. My main just hit valor 80, has fully augmented WH gear, and the only reason i pvp with him is to grind for gear for my alt. He needs nothing for himself, so why not? This alt will be my 5th 50, as I have 3 others stranded on my old server waiting for paid transfers. I've done the grind game multiple times. I'm glad I don't have to again.

One of the issues of transferring a full set of War Hero mods to an alt is that once a newer tier of gear comes out, it will presumably require the shell of a War Hero piece. So the alt is going to have to do the BM > WH > ? grind regardless, they are just placed on a level-playing field upon hitting 50 as recruit is a joke.

As someone who rerolled a Juggernaunt in June after playing a Guardian since launch in order to play with friends after my guild and friends quit, this ability was great. I put in a lot of time on my Guardian to acquire gear and while I would have grinded it out once again, I was pleased that the system was flexible.

The cost of doing this, moving all mods/enhancements/armoring is incredibly expensive. I did mine prior to 1.3 and to pull the gear out twice, without the ability to augment any piece bankrupted me. The changes in the most recent patch allow for augmented legacy gear and reduced costs, however, it is still expensive to move the gear. It is also impossible to move barrels or hilts so you will have to grind out for the weapon, off-hand, ears, relics, and implants.

As a bonus, the new augment kits, when used on legacy gear, will also allow moving binded augments from character to character.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.