To all "speedhackers"

alexzk

Did you know you're detected? :)

There is speedlimit in game and it's not just for fun. It's because PC cannot load data too fast. When you use it, somebody may have low-end system (like I do) and feel huge lag + HDD hard working. Next step is to report guys who just appeared after lag.

Simple.

There is speedlimit in game and it's not just for fun. It's because PC cannot load data too fast. When you use it, somebody may have low-end system (like I do) and feel huge lag + HDD hard working. Next step is to report guys who just appeared after lag.

Simple.

If they are hacking in the first place I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less if they get reported.

This isn't South Korea where hacking in video games is a criminal offense that can affect your ability to get a job.

Well, dam, you caught my carnage marauder's "speed-hacks", I suppose, since every time I use my Improved (extra 30% from carnage talents) Predation, I certainly start lagging out quite a bit. Not that I haven't already been accused of speed-hacking 3-5 times each day due to my usage of Predation already. Now I just need to figure out what would cause a Gunslinger to accuse my MM Sniper of hacking for - my best guess is that they called me a hacker since I pulled them out of cover when they had hunker down active, but again, that's the result of me using an ability from my spec.

Considering the way subs have gone since launch, I don't think BW/EA have the luxury of punishing hackers. They're not going to risk losing a sub just because some guy speed hacked in a huttball match. Reality bites, this is probably one of the many reasons they switched the daily to 6 matches played instead of 3 wins. "Sorry we can't ban hackers because that would hurt the bottom line, but we'll reward you for putting up with them...Thanks"

On a side note, I don't feel like I'm seeing nearly as much hacking/glitching/whatever as I used to. I'll see some weird stuff from time to time but generally just write it off as a glitch or some ability that I'm not familiar with because I haven't studied that AC very well.

Considering the way subs have gone since launch, I don't think BW/EA have the luxury of punishing hackers. They're not going to risk losing a sub just because some guy speed hacked in a huttball match. Reality bites, this is probably one of the many reasons they switched the daily to 6 matches played instead of 3 wins. "Sorry we can't ban hackers because that would hurt the bottom line, but we'll reward you for putting up with them...Thanks"

On a side note, I don't feel like I'm seeing nearly as much hacking/glitching/whatever as I used to. I'll see some weird stuff from time to time but generally just write it off as a glitch or some ability that I'm not familiar with because I haven't studied that AC very well.

So to not lose subs they won't ban hackers? Whats to stop the people that're fed up from the hackers from leaving? 8 people or 1 hacker .... Take your pick. Also, the daily was changed because before it'd take forever to win 3 games on the low pop servers.

SWTOR uses a pretty standard 'sphere of awareness' from WoW where if the rest of the SWTOR universe was destroyed, you're not aware of it until it comes to somewhere around 120m of you. You can see this by targetting someone and keep moving further away from them and after a certain distance that guy is no longer targetable because he's no longer in your little corner of the universe.

Therefore the only way someone appear in your screen without you seeing him is that he started outside of your sphere of awareness (120m+) and got to you before the game can load. Let's say it takes 3 seconds to load his model, then he'd need to cover 40m/s while coming straight at you and this is about 700% run speed and is easily detectable by eyeball as well for any observer that has the offender already within his sphere of awareness.

So this pretty much cannot happen because if someone is moving that fast, they'd be easily detectable by any other observer.

So to not lose subs they won't ban hackers? Whats to stop the people that're fed up from the hackers from leaving? 8 people or 1 hacker .... Take your pick. Also, the daily was changed because before it'd take forever to win 3 games on the low pop servers.

I did say "one of the reasons", but of course it's speculation. I guess my sarcastic quote wasn't sarcastic enough. The ratio of hackers doesn't seem great enough to me to be that big of a deal. Like I said, I don't see "weird" things occurring nearly as often any more. Certainly not often enough to make me want to unsub. Maybe they ARE banning hackers and just not announcing it. Lighten up man, you'll live longer and be happier :p

Not that I haven't already been accused of speed-hacking 3-5 times each day due to my usage of Predation already.

I am not saying there is not hacking, I am sure there is. But I have not seen it.

However, I have seen teammates complain about the DPS hack, the Leap to no one (stealth teammate) hack, the Marauder speed hack, The quick cap hack. Also, every ninja cap in Voidstar is apparently a hack and not because someone got ninja'ed.

I would say the false accusations outweigh hacking by about 19 to 1.

Edited by richardya

Simple.

No he's not cheating. And your reasoning is even worst.

btw, at 700% speed most likelly everybody will stuck in lag :) especially on wz. It should be something like wind passed near.

There's nothing weird about 700% movement speed so far as in-game resources are concerned. That's probably what the transport speeders go at and in fact they really do satisfy the kind of behavior you describe, i.e. I can be moving along the path of some known speeder route and suddenly I'd see this speeder appear right next to me and then zoom past, because it's going so fast that by the time my machine rendered it, it already covered the maximum distance I am capable of seeing another character. And that doesn't cause any unusual lag or any other behavior because I see transport speeders all the time without unusual resource drains.

Edited by Astarica

I'll repeat what we already told you in a previous thread.

Dated from 6 months ago.

Cough cough * You hiding something as every thread you come out in defence of this game not having none its getting re-dick