Rage Juggernaut~ The Bastion ~ Jugglove PvP Video

-Swag-

It was an entertaining movie to watch. I play Rage jugg and it is always fun to see the spec style form an outside view.

That being said, there are things you do, that you should really change to improve your efficiency.

1- Clipping of shockwave: Sometimes you Smash with less than 4 stacks of Shockwave and sometimes you use Crush and Choke at the same time. I get mad at myself every time i waste a single shockwave tick. In the long run of a WZ it really makes a difference. Lets say because of that you are stuck at 2 stacks of Shockwave, what do you do? Either you hit Smash and do some damage (lower than it would have been with good shockwave management) or wait for the next opportunity to build Shockwave (miss a full smash). Either way it's a loss.

2- Why use obliterate right after charge. Basically you waste rage by using obliterate, you waste your charge +10% damage buff by not smashing within 5 secs. You will need that Obliterate free-smash-crit if you are stuck melee range in the next few seconds of the fight. Extremely frequent vs Marauders. After a charge + force crush, Ravage is a much better filler. It doesn't cost rage, hits harder and you still have obliterate to close the gap + speed boost if necessary.

3- The positioning wasn't great either. I saw some backpeddaling while already being in front of the target and I don't recall seeing you ever go behind a target. People can't damage you if you are behind them, why not help out your healers? Beside they can't CC you if you are behind either.

It was my opinion of your video, you can either take it or leave it. I commented it simply to inform newcomers on this forum and give them stuff to look for. I'm not bashing your video at all.

It was an entertaining movie to watch. I play Rage jugg and it is always fun to see the spec style form an outside view.

That being said, there are things you do, that you should really change to improve your efficiency.

1- Clipping of shockwave: Sometimes you Smash with less than 4 stacks of Shockwave and sometimes you use Crush and Choke at the same time. I get mad at myself every time i waste a single shockwave tick. In the long run of a WZ it really makes a difference. Lets say because of that you are stuck at 2 stacks of Shockwave, what do you do? Either you hit Smash and do some damage (lower than it would have been with good shockwave management) or wait for the next opportunity to build Shockwave (miss a full smash). Either way it's a loss.

2- Why use obliterate right after charge. Basically you waste rage by using obliterate, you waste your charge +10% damage buff by not smashing within 5 secs. You will need that Obliterate free-smash-crit if you are stuck melee range in the next few seconds of the fight. Extremely frequent vs Marauders. After a charge + force crush, Ravage is a much better filler. It doesn't cost rage, hits harder and you still have obliterate to close the gap + speed boost if necessary.

3- The positioning wasn't great either. I saw some backpeddaling while already being in front of the target and I don't recall seeing you ever go behind a target. People can't damage you if you are behind them, why not help out your healers? Beside they can't CC you if you are behind either.

It was my opinion of your video, you can either take it or leave it. I commented it simply to inform newcomers on this forum and give them stuff to look for. I'm not bashing your video at all.

OH MY GOD I JUST CAN'T RESPECT HIM NOW BECAUSE HE DID SOME BACKPEDDALING!!! /sarcasim. Seriously now, please submit a pvp video of yourself so the rest of us can revel at your uber L337ness and see how a true god of pvp moves around in a WZ. Edited by SwordofSodan

There's already such videos. in fact a full series. I named them Gods of the arena. My toon is called Gannicus. Look for backpedalling in there.

About Smash, yes it does auto-crit if used after charge and obliterate.

Edited by TheSolidPat

Does Smash ALWAYS crit?

Seems like it does to me.

6k Smash followed with a 4k Throw is just crazy ...

Being a Balance Sage sure is rough vs. one of these guys ... that's for sure.

For marauders and juggernauts, if they spec into rage tree, yes. Smash always crit after a charge or obliterate (a 10 m range gap closer, sort of like a small charge). I can't say that for the force scream though, it does not always crit in the rage spec.

The downside of the rage tree is the vulnerability to the knockbacks. So, if you see a juggernaut charging at you, or using obliterate, chances are they are setting up for the smash. Just knockback and their damage is completely crippled until obliterate or charge comes out of CD (around 15 seconds each if I remember right).

Survivability is another downside. They have about 33% passive damage reduction from armor and that is pretty much what they got for the most part. Defensive cooldownds in the rage spec are pretty bad imo.

These two downsides were bad enough I walked away from rage spec. But it is still commonly used of course.

Let me rephrase: If you see a juggernaut charging at you and not glowing red after charge with a shield in his chest, most likely he is rage specced. Knockback, kite, he is done for.

If he is glowing red with a shield at his chest after charge, that means he is hybrid or vengeance spec, he is immune to knockbacks and stuns for 4 seconds. Don't waste your stun/knockback at him.

Edited by Ghostuka

wow im such a noob i thought Obliterate gave the domination buff ... wowowow thanks for pointing that out you guys really helped me out i appreciate it . Edited by -Swag-

Stopped watching after they planted the door in voidstar right next to you, it was actually on screen from time to time... Nice to see yet another dps playing for high numbers rather then the objective :)

what time did that happen on the vid?

i see the sniper interrupting the time then me killing off the planter... you downer you