Gamers lack of taste

MouseNoFour

Why are gamers so horrible when it comes to armour looks?

If i set out with a specific goal in mind to create an armour set for an MMO, that looked like a clown, or a bunch of dirty rags or random polygons in no discernible pattern... at least SOMEONE would love it and wonder why every single other player DONT love it also. They will cherish it, wear it 101% of the time and try to entice others to wear the same thing.

Remember, the armour was designed from scratch to be the most ridiculous, horrendous armour set in the game.

Why are gamers so horrible when it comes to armour looks?

If i set out with a specific goal in mind to create an armour set for an MMO, that looked like a clown, or a bunch of dirty rags or random polygons in no discernible pattern... at least SOMEONE would love it and wonder why every single other player DONT love it also. They will cherish it, wear it 101% of the time and try to entice others to wear the same thing.

Remember, the armour was designed from scratch to be the most ridiculous, horrendous armour set in the game.

Bounty Hunter armor.

Whoever had the idea of making our Legacy armor neon-orange and baby-blue should lose their job. Why in the hell would the best killer-for-hire in the galaxy wear that color scheme? If anything, it makes you an easier target to spot and shoot. The Troopers got CAMO and our armor looks like a Gand's acid trip.

'Course, can't really talk 'cos I'm wearing it like a boss, but still.

Edited by Malles

Bounty Hunter armor.

Whoever had the idea of making our Legacy armor neon-orange and baby-blue should lose their job. Why in the hell would the best killer-for-hire in the galaxy wear that color scheme? If anything, it makes you an easier target to spot and shoot. The Troopers got CAMO and our armor looks like a Gand's acid trip.

Hey, a man walks down the street in that armour, people know he's not afraid of anything.

If you think the clown suits in this game look bad then you've never played Guild Wars. I've seen some pretty bad things in SWTOR (and usually just the "look at me, panties!" outfits) and cringe, but then I remember the days of lurid purple and green swirly, bulky madness that was Guild Wars and rejoice.

You can give people the chance to look amazing. Or they can inspire awe. The wrong kind of awe.

If you think the clown suits in this game look bad then you've never played Guild Wars. I've seen some pretty bad things in SWTOR (and usually just the "look at me, panties!" outfits) and cringe, but then I remember the days of lurid purple and green swirly, bulky madness that was Guild Wars and rejoice.

You can give people the chance to look amazing. Or they can inspire awe. The wrong kind of awe.

Awwwwe my eyes!

I will freely admit that I did spend a fair amount of time in that game acquiring armour and coming up with dye combinations that looked good. It cost a fair amount of gold, but it was worth it, for me at least. My boyfriend and I even had matching armour sets (we're awesome). That just made it all the worse to see some derp who just grabbed a bunch of vials and broke them over their face in an effort to look pretty.

Still I would like armour dyes in SWTOR. I want white armour for my Juggy, but I still want it to look like armour :p

Bounty Hunter armor.

But our WH gear looks like a real hunters armor