So I'm back for another go...

ThreeToedSloth

I unsubbed back in January (to many bugs, laggy, ect.)

I'm transferring my toons now but I did notice that the lag spikes are still a problem. I was looking around my origin server and I am fairly convinced I was the ONLY person on it at the time. Seriously, I went to Nar, Alderan and the Fleet and they all had a population of 1....yes...it was creepy. Anyway I was still suffering crippling lag spikes. One moment things are smooth as silk the next its like my rig is having a seizure. I don't think it was server load :rolleyes:

Has there been any progress on this?

Check your connection. Sounds like a player side issue.

I have to say, the majority of my lag spikes are my side, not server side - except for the other day when Shadowlands crashed hard, and all the other servers had to be taken offline.

Check your connection. Sounds like a player side issue.

This.

There are also some threads in this forum that has some tips of things you can do on yourside to have way less lag and improve your frame rate over all. I will warn you though, your Desktop will not look pretty. :D

Link to guide for Windows 7: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=470077

Edited by Darth_Victus

Well I am far from a computer wiz but I had full connection bars and the real odd thing is that my Latency never dipped below 73 in a spike :(

I've gotten the same thing - usually when my av is updating. Your latency won't drop if a computer side issue. The true test is your fps. You can check that with ctrl-shift-f.

Well I am far from a computer wiz but I had full connection bars and the real odd thing is that my Latency never dipped below 73 in a spike :(

Doesn't sound like any kind of a spike that I have heard of. If you are having stuttering problems etc on your machine and that is what the client is showing, you have some other issue going on.. It could be a driver compatibility issue, a lack of beefy hardware issue, to much stuff running in the back ground.. many many things can cause that type of symptom.

Doesn't sound like any kind of a spike that I have heard of. If you are having stuttering problems etc on your machine and that is what the client is showing, you have some other issue going on.. It could be a driver compatibility issue, a lack of beefy hardware issue, to much stuff running in the back ground.. many many things can cause that type of symptom.

Hmmm....well my PC is no beast but it well passes the Min req's. I do have my Norton's running and 89 processes according to my Task Manager :confused: It is a Laptop on Wi-fi but its Comast High speed. I downloaded the client steady at about 2M/sec I am literally 15 feet from the router.

Hardwire it in to your router and see if you still have the issues. Wireless can do some crazy stuff even being 15 feet away.

Beyond that some of the servers have been suffering from massive server side lag spikes the last few weeks. Mainly during OPs, FPs and WZs to the point of being unplayable. Could be that is what your seeing. If you are in a party with someone and it starts to occur ask your group mate if they got lag. If you both got it...and are not on the same connection your getting that nasty server side lag.