The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

soo improved speeder 1 doesnt really matter - can't mount here anywhere lol

Feztonio

so i'm on coruscant and the only place i can mount is up top by the senate / spaceport. any of the mission areas say i can't mount here with my legacy mount lvl 1 thing. the reason i purchased it from the legacy was so i could do the first couple planets faster by mount. i've leveled tons of toons and anything that would get my baby trooper through the mind numbing quests again seemed worth it.

unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in the quest zones of coruscant. so really what's the point?

it's already stupid that on top of grinding out legacy still means i have to sink huge amounts of credits into the system to get the unlocks i've earned. now that i do i can't even use the 'legacy'? ***

There are 2-3 zones in Coruscant where you can't mount. I was slightly disappointed by that also. But really, you get them finished in no time, and you can enjoy your speeder in the other areas (some Coruscant zones and Taris) Edited by JonathanCP

so i'm on coruscant and the only place i can mount is up top by the senate / spaceport. any of the mission areas say i can't mount here with my legacy mount lvl 1 thing. the reason i purchased it from the legacy was so i could do the first couple planets faster by mount. i've leveled tons of toons and anything that would get my baby trooper through the mind numbing quests again seemed worth it.

unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in the quest zones of coruscant. so really what's the point?

it's already stupid that on top of grinding out legacy still means i have to sink huge amounts of credits into the system to get the unlocks i've earned. now that i do i can't even use the 'legacy'? ***

It will save time running back and forth between the senate and the taxi. The rest of coruscant is indoors but quests are pretty close together.

Taris will be a big improvement though as that is almost all outdoors.

I agree that it's frustrating OP. Just simply going back with my high level toons and farming irritated me because of that reason.

The good news is...

the Justicar area is open for speeding. the 2 prior to that (black hole gang, market) are not. the works is underground for the most part (usually not allowed no matter where you go), and the jedi temple i can't remember if it allows speeding in the open temple area (which was originally a closed building before the sith blew it up).

But in light of the legacy perk (and IMO for those with speeders in general), they should unlock those areas, in spite of whether they are in buildings or not. heck, most of Nar Shadaa is available for speeding, and its very similar to the works. and there is simply no excuse for the first two areas. I started a new empire toon, and from the second she walked off of Korriban, she hopped on her speeder, and has been using it since.

simply not balanced, and really should be.

The inability to ride on Coru is a drag. Even for the upper levels that have to go back for minor quests, or to help lowbies.

The statement that Coru is indoors mostly is not accurate though. Its not.

However, getting the ability to ride at lvl 10 instead of 25, is a damn good thing when it does come to Taris.

The only thing "cool" and "interesting" about Coruscant is the Senate plaza area and the ruined Jedi temple. The rest is just generic hallways and platforms.

I like the whole dingy under belly thing. Maybe its just me i didn't want to rush. I could never enjoy DK the three times I've leveled through there id have liked a speeder.