Power vs. Str.

The Strength coefficient is .2, not .21. Either way, the bonus damage increase is still insignificant. Beside that, if you get Perseverance, the difference is even smaller. We have more than enough power from mods. Substituting main stat, which isn't subject to diminishing returns for bonus damage (Power isn't either), for a secondary stat is silly.

It's best to go strength for augments.

Str is buffed 5% by the Sorc/Sage buff. Working from your base, unbuffed value (such as the 126 from Augments we were discussing), this is equal to a .21 coefficient. If you're taking your buffed Str (which would be 132 for 7 Might augments) , then you have to use .2 instead.

If you check the edit I added that I swapped out my expertise crystal for power crystal as well

41 Expertise to 41 Power is still not going to make up the extra 490-990 damage missing from your inflated average (and it's quite likely that swapping Expertise for Power is a downgrade anyway, depending on what your total Expertise is). 41 Power would be 41 x .23 x 1.35 = 12.7 more damage on Smash (minus whatever the loss from Expertise is).

Edited by Pestulan

With expertise around 1300, swapping for power isn't a loss? Also need to take in to account that the sweeps are critted

A 1:1 tradeoff is always a downgrade if you trade expertise for power. Yes, expertise has some diminishing returns, but it isn't bad enough to warrant a 1:1 trade. Also, power isn't affected but crit at all. That's surge. Power is just straight damage boost across the board.

A 1:1 tradeoff is always a downgrade if you trade expertise for power. Yes, expertise has some diminishing returns, but it isn't bad enough to warrant a 1:1 trade. Also, power isn't affected but crit at all. That's surge. Power is just straight damage boost across the board.

It is only a 1:1 trade-off if you are not yet hitting diminished returns on Expertise. If you are, then it isn't a 1:1. I think to answer the OPs question...try it out for yourself and see what gives you the best results.

The one issue that I do have with Power over Str is that Crit chance is effected by Strength and even though I'm specced in Focus where my main hit crits anyway there are still a list of abilities that I use that really could benefit from Crit.

does anyone know how much str augments increase accuracy

can i drop the accuracy mods/enhancements for power / surge and recoup the accuracy from str augments?

str does not effect acc in this game