I feel like i wasted my money buying this game

xnoxiousx

Same here. I´ve played WoW and Rift, both got me hooked!!!, but this game was sadly not my cup of tea. Had big hopes, but I find it kind of "boring". Can´t really put my finger on it :(
And that is OK. Thank you kindly for expressing yourself in a civil fashion... more of this! :) Edited by GalacticKegger

UHMmmm, this game is a true evolution for an MMO-RPG, because its finally not boring.It finally brings the RPG into existence and i have been able to play the JK, exactly as i wanted, in an engaging storyline and immersive world. That and i have so many things to look forward to till lvl 50. Lord Scourge beeing one of them!! :eek:

See, what i actually mean is, if you dig the source material, its engrossing. If you just wanna goof around, power level, or shape your own adventure from the ground up with limited assets, then im afraid you set yourself up for disappointment... :)

UHMmmm, this game is a true evolution for an MMO-RPG, because its finally not boring.It finally brings the RPG into existence and i have been able to play the JK, exactly as i wanted, in an engaging storyline and immersive world. That and i have so many things to look forward to till lvl 50. Lord Scourge beeing one of them!! :eek:

See, what i actually mean is, if you dig the source material, its engrossing. If you just wanna goof around, power level, or shape your own adventure from the ground up with limited assets, then im afraid you set yourself up for disappointment... :)

You don't think the phony "You're special" stuff worsens the RPG element? Besides the fact that you're locked into a specific storyline when picking your class, it's the same storyline everyone else in the class shares. Imagine how many people have recovered the Hilt of the First Blade. How do you reconcile that with RPing? Everyone is basically the same person. More sandbox would let you truly RP in the fashion you want.

You don't think the phony "You're special" stuff worsens the RPG element? Besides the fact that you're locked into a specific storyline when picking your class, it's the same storyline everyone else in the class shares. Imagine how many people have recovered the Hilt of the First Blade. How do you reconcile that with RPing? Everyone is basically the same person. More sandbox would let you truly RP in the fashion you want.

How many people ran kit campaigns in D&D Table top? Unless you had a very resourceful DM with A LOT of free time to kill, you didn't get special snowflake campaigns very often.

"Role playing" means that you get to make the decisions for your avatar. Regardless of how many "other" Jedi Knights there are out there or Consulars that have discovered the "first blade", from your character's perspective - you are the only one.

How many people ran kit campaigns in D&D Table top? Unless you had a very resourceful DM with A LOT of free time to kill, you didn't get special snowflake campaigns very often.

"Role playing" means that you get to make the decisions for your avatar. Regardless of how many "other" Jedi Knights there are out there or Consulars that have discovered the "first blade", from your character's perspective - you are the only one.

Yeah, but those decisions are all pretty much predetermined. You have to go through the same story as every other Jedi Knight. And what's worse is you're encouraged to play either light side or dark. There is no neutral (at least yet), so you may have to act out of character just to keep from being restricted on gear you want.

What decisions do you really get to make? Maybe I'm just spoiled since I got to experience original Galaxies. That was ultimate sandbox. This may let you RP, but you have to RP what the game designers write. You don't get a choice in most things. Even your companions are pre-determined.

I am pretty happy with it.

If you want, you can quest all day.

If you want you can just mess around killing things and looking for gear.

If you want you can do PVP in warzones and level up.

I think there is some raid content and probably more in later releases.

You can do a mix of all them. If you don't like MMPG's then why did you get the game, what were you expecting?

I think level 1-10 is the best and forcing myself to go to 50 on 1 before I start other characters.

Edited by richardya

I would have liked it to be more like original Galaxies. I just want to be able to live in the Star Wars universe. Questing and story is nice, but the majority of the game should be sandbox, and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh god no - Sandbox games appeal to the fringe of the mmo universe. the good news is that the dev's seem to be sane and completly ignored all the suggestions that fringe players like this have made.

Using a phrase like "original Galaxies" makes it appear as though you expected this to be another Galaxies. It is in no way shape or form SWG2 and was NEVER intended to be.

I'm not saying it was my expectation, but I did mention that original Galaxies may have spoiled me. I don't expect the level of awesome it gave us, but I was accustom to it.

I'm holding out hope that there will be more sandbox later. I don't see what's so hard about having story-driven questing alongside open-ended sandbox. All this game needs is more sandbox.