Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

All servers down?

bionamaster

Funny thing about the human brain: we have about two and a half times the level of emotional response from negative things than we do from positive things. So we automatically feel worse when bad things happen even if the good things technically outweigh the bad ones.

This is, of course, measured in Standard Emotion Units...

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadowlands and Dresdae Cantina got no message at all...The Cantina did tell me to switch to shadowlands for server transfer though :-) I was only on there because I haven't made a trooper yet and thought I would do that while my main server was taking a nap.....I can't even do that now lol.

Funny thing about the human brain: we have about two and a half times the level of emotional response from negative things than we do from positive things. So we automatically feel worse when bad things happen even if the good things technically outweigh the bad ones.

Also, those hours of enjoyable uptime were expected smooth sailing; these minutes of downtime has been an unexpected interruption to said smooth sailing. This creates a negative reaction if you're not completely insane.

I think people are pissed because the game is down multiple times weekly. Normally in the genre a game is expected to be up a week at a time with maintenance on a weekly basis. Simply not the case here.

This was the thread they told us to post feedback in so here goes...

Server Jung-Ma had no visible warnings for myself or my pvp team. Can't say if others saw a warning or not, at least not untill the servers go back up and I can ask them.

It would have been a courtesy had a server wide warning been issued.

Regardless. Good luck getting it working.

This was the thread they told us to post feedback in so here goes...

Server Jung-Ma had no visible warnings for myself or my pvp team. Can't say if others saw a warning or not, at least not untill the servers go back up and I can ask them.

It would have been a courtesy had a server wide warning been issued.

Regardless. Good luck getting it working.

I play on Jung Ma and was in Huttball when, poof, no warning. It doesn't bother me tho because incidents happen. Even at my work, our IT's wil lhave to take the servers down without notice if something major is going on.

There also shutting off the servers on july 10th again as well i mean really there has been way to many server maitenece in the last 2 weeks.

To be blunt: as long as the issues are resolved, I, as a customer, am satisfied.

There also shutting off the servers on july 10th again as well i mean really there has been way to many server maitenece in the last 2 weeks.

and I bet that they are not going to refund the time in your subscription when you cannot play...

that's what irks me most....

I think people are pissed because the game is down multiple times weekly. Normally in the genre a game is expected to be up a week at a time with maintenance on a weekly basis. Simply not the case here.

the game is down more then once a week for unplanned fixes? Really? Oh wait it's not and again the "problems" TOR have from time to time during it's FIRST YEAR are far better then what WoW and SWG had in theirs.

Issue #1 : no in-game warning on the restart

- Leads to loss of things in-game (comm's, kills, etc)

Issue #2 : Restart is not a restart

- Should've called it a "emergency server maintenance"

Issue #3 : Because this is not a normal "Restart"

- we don't know when the servers will be back up

Any ideas on when the servers will be up?

Thanks! :p