When It Is Time To Leave

Titanstroke

Hello all, I was part of the Beta, was on early, have three level 50s and when I cancelled my credit card on my subscription I was sent a rote questionaire asking why I had and what could be done to make the game better. However, the questionaire only allowed you to give back certain feedback, so I am sending this out to Bioware through the forums as a compilation of why I am leaving after having such high hopes for this game (understand I still like it but as you can see the reasons to leave out weigh the reasons to keep playing):

1. A lot of the people who I came to this game with have already left, as a matter of fact I am the last one of the group that got hooked on this game back in Beta. So this is a compilation of all of their comments as well as mine.

2. The story lines are probably the best there are period in any MMO I have ever been in and then they stop. Makes playing up to 50 doing the class and companion stories a lot of fun, then it just stops. So continually I have heard the game is more fun to level than to play at level 50. Success there is biting you.

3. The push to PvP, there needs to be a way to keep the new level 50s from being farm fodder for the folks who have been running the BGs on their first level 50 and have all of the gear. Getting your face pounded has made even some of my guilds most ardent PvP folks stop running on anything other than their geared characters. It limits what can be done after 50.

4. The biggest for me is that like WoW, Bioware has turned end game into another job. If you are going to Raid and if you are going to be able to do HM you have to farm farm farm and now with the other crafting bonuses that cost so much it is really working a second job. I spend 50-60 hours a day on a computer at my job, having to then farm farm farm is a second job that I dont need. It is your game however, that is my major sticking point, I have gone through over 1.5 Million credits and have yet to outfit any of my toons completely in augments, that plus suddenly I cannot get any crits from my slicing companion along with no Slicing part for my droid is telling me that this isnt going away anytime soon. I bought the Crafting Legacy crits and nothing, so either the game is broke or this is something that Bioware has decided to push. I am seeing the lack of crits as well on my Scavenging companions all who are at max affection and I have the Crafting Legacy crits bought as well, Right there buying those was 700k per character, so yes this latest change is causing me to spend credits like water with no payback to me.

5. Pure frustration at some of the things that are put out and are no where near ready to be in the game locking everything up repeatedly. That plus I think you hired some Blizzard customer service people who come back to every ticket with the same rote response, that shows me lousy customer service and lack of caring on the part of the company for their customers.

6. There were a lot of great suggestions, allowing space PvP combat, the use of controllers for your ships, I am not seeing some of the best suggestions even being looked at, so not a lot of hope for the game future.

7. Server transfers, a lot of us put Imp guilds on one server and Republic guilds on another so as to not play in BGs against each other. Then Legacy came up and most of us wanted to bring both groups together, instead we got you will go here and you will like it. Well I have a very good computer and where I was sent has as much lag as IronForge used to in the early days, plus our Imp toons were sent somewhere else so no luck at being able to bring both together. Add to that losing my Legacy title, names to three toons, etc this was about as lousy customer service and looking at customer needs as I have ever seen.

8. Last I left Blizzard and will not be back ever due to the lousy customer service, I will not on principle give money to a company that delivers in your face lack of customer oriented service and products. Bioware, I have played your games since Baldurs Gate and you are closing in on me deciding the same with you.

Flame me if you want, I am posting in hopes that the rest of you will get a better game. Good Luck.

Hello all, I was part of the Beta, was on early, have three level 50s and when I cancelled my credit card on my subscription I was sent a rote questionaire asking why I had and what could be done to make the game better. However, the questionaire only allowed you to give back certain feedback, so I am sending this out to Bioware through the forums as a compilation of why I am leaving after having such high hopes for this game (understand I still like it but as you can see the reasons to leave out weigh the reasons to keep playing):

1. A lot of the people who I came to this game with have already left, as a matter of fact I am the last one of the group that got hooked on this game back in Beta. So this is a compilation of all of their comments as well as mine.

2. The story lines are probably the best there are period in any MMO I have ever been in and then they stop. Makes playing up to 50 doing the class and companion stories a lot of fun, then it just stops. So continually I have heard the game is more fun to level than to play at level 50. Success there is biting you.

3. The push to PvP, there needs to be a way to keep the new level 50s from being farm fodder for the folks who have been running the BGs on their first level 50 and have all of the gear. Getting your face pounded has made even some of my guilds most ardent PvP folks stop running on anything other than their geared characters. It limits what can be done after 50.

4. The biggest for me is that like WoW, Bioware has turned end game into another job. If you are going to Raid and if you are going to be able to do HM you have to farm farm farm and now with the other crafting bonuses that cost so much it is really working a second job. I spend 50-60 hours a day on a computer at my job, having to then farm farm farm is a second job that I dont need. It is your game however, that is my major sticking point, I have gone through over 1.5 Million credits and have yet to outfit any of my toons completely in augments, that plus suddenly I cannot get any crits from my slicing companion along with no Slicing part for my droid is telling me that this isnt going away anytime soon. I bought the Crafting Legacy crits and nothing, so either the game is broke or this is something that Bioware has decided to push. I am seeing the lack of crits as well on my Scavenging companions all who are at max affection and I have the Crafting Legacy crits bought as well, Right there buying those was 700k per character, so yes this latest change is causing me to spend credits like water with no payback to me.

5. Pure frustration at some of the things that are put out and are no where near ready to be in the game locking everything up repeatedly. That plus I think you hired some Blizzard customer service people who come back to every ticket with the same rote response, that shows me lousy customer service and lack of caring on the part of the company for their customers.

6. There were a lot of great suggestions, allowing space PvP combat, the use of controllers for your ships, I am not seeing some of the best suggestions even being looked at, so not a lot of hope for the game future.

7. Server transfers, a lot of us put Imp guilds on one server and Republic guilds on another so as to not play in BGs against each other. Then Legacy came up and most of us wanted to bring both groups together, instead we got you will go here and you will like it. Well I have a very good computer and where I was sent has as much lag as IronForge used to in the early days, plus our Imp toons were sent somewhere else so no luck at being able to bring both together. Add to that losing my Legacy title, names to three toons, etc this was about as lousy customer service and looking at customer needs as I have ever seen.

8. Last I left Blizzard and will not be back ever due to the lousy customer service, I will not on principle give money to a company that delivers in your face lack of customer oriented service and products. Bioware, I have played your games since Baldurs Gate and you are closing in on me deciding the same with you.

Flame me if you want, I am posting in hopes that the rest of you will get a better game. Good Luck.

DING! It's all bout the money, game dev's could care less how you feel they just want what's in your back pocket covered in leather

when you make posts like this.

^^^^^^

Gotta be careful in these parts, the same fanbois that said "Server Pops arent dropping" ( I call this the "Great Denial" ) are gonna light you on fire.

lol I largely agree with what you say, I still find ways to enjoy the game though, largely because of my guild and the people for the most part.

Edited by Atanasov

I agree all most 100% with what you are saying and i think this needs to be bumped. BioWare and EA need to listen to the fans more because this game as of right now does not have a bright future ahead of it.

Totally agree with the 1st point entirely. This is a really cool game but for some reason everyone that started back in Dec. has quit now. It makes no sense why they left but it definitely detracts from enjoying the game when none of your friends play anymore (I think they're dumb for being sooo excited for this game then stopping after 2 months of play). I'm cancelling my subscription now until my friends decide to play again some day. I got no problems with the game, think it's awesome, maybe I'll pick it up again in the future.:(

Agreed.

PVP is a total joke with the amount of bugs and exploits in the war zones. It gets old really fast. 4 war zones bore me to death. There's no rewards for PVP'ing, gear is ridiculously un-balanced. We typically have to do the companies job by pulling stats out of other items to re-stat the ones we buy. To top it off we have to pay to pull out stats we bought, or won to begin with!!

When I seen you speak about end-game I was thinking " What end-game?" There is none.

If you call 3 ops raids "end-game" You can run the HM, and NM versions one time a week, which kills it for those who have smaller guilds. Your team-mates can only run it once, so having them help others is out of the question.

PUG runs are out of the question, because you 90% of the time get under-geared, or under-skilled people that ruin the run.

Cant wait for the 28th of August

Okay, I know you are probably frustrated with the server downage but lets take a look:

1) MMO players are a fickle bunch and move from game to game as soon as they hit end game for the most part. I was in beta also and I got tired of going through storylines. When I complete a level 50 jaunt I take a break from the game for a day or two or even longer. People come and go regularly in any MMO.

2) Just like I said under number 4 the game has to eventually end at some point. They pushed this game as story intensive and for the most part ehy have weaved other class storylines in with others. They will be adding more to the stories along the way and in fact later this year we'll be seeing the return of the Dreadmasters and a level cap...along with a new planet and a new species.

3) When you hit level 50 now you can click on the pvp terminal and receive a quest where you either receive a choice of sets of pvp gear or a token to purchase the pvp gear you want. Albeit it is blue gear, but it gives you something to begin with. Also, most people have been pvping throughout the levels and have put together some warzone commendations to supplement the blue gear with purple. I am not a pvper but I have used pvp to assist in leveling if I was breezing through pve content but not up to par level wise for a certain planet.

4) End game. What can be said about end game? No one can plan or produce enough content to keep everyone busy all the time. I think BioWare has produced big patches to put a bit more content in quicker than any other game to date. They have been more proactive than any other company I have seen to date...and they share with the community their plans. If you were playing EQ2 you wouldn't know anything about a new race until just before a patch or expansion was released. BioWare has already talked about the Cathar coming and more species based on player input.

5) Customer Service responds promptly and with courtesy. Of course their response is rote. A CSR cannot tell you what a dev is going to do. They even tell you in each response that they are passing the message up the chain. They don't have the ability to do anything else. Playing EQ2, EQ, WoW and a host of other games if you received a response...if....it was usually very negative and blamed you for everything that happened.

6) Watch the new developer video and check out blogs and updates. The devs said that a new space combat system was coming. There is a big patch coming sometime this year that is including the Cathar, a new planet, a new level cap and a bunch of other stuff. Expansion worthy stuff in any other game. Space comabt will get an overhaul.

7) BioWare did what they had to do because frankly people were leaving to the new flavor of the month game...D3. When I logged on teh Imperial Fleet there were usually 10 people at peak times. They converged various low pop servers to a few larger pop servers. There was no other option. It would also have been ufair to ask someone on a destination server to change their name that they may have had longer than you.

8) I have never, ever received any negative customer service from BioWare. Did I wish they could do more at times? Heck yeah, but as I have said before they have always been courteous and prompt.

If there is an issue you cannot expect an immediate reaction from the developers or an immediate patch to resolve an issue with a class or a game instance or whatever else. It takes time and BioWare has put out patches fast to try to correct issues. No MMO works 100% but SWTOR has done pretty well and better than most.

Edited by LAR_Scout
additional info

Are you a special snowflake? I don't think the community is generally interested in reading about people they never met listing why they are leaving. In your next game of choice when you quit go silently and with grace. Theres also a special unsubscriber thread for posts like this.

Agree with a lot of what OP says... and also this guy.

Agreed.

PVP is a total joke with the amount of bugs and exploits in the war zones. It gets old really fast. 4 war zones bore me to death. There's no rewards for PVP'ing, gear is ridiculously un-balanced. We typically have to do the companies job by pulling stats out of other items to re-stat the ones we buy. To top it off we have to pay to pull out stats we bought, or won to begin with!!

When I seen you speak about end-game I was thinking " What end-game?" There is none.

If you call 3 ops raids "end-game" You can run the HM, and NM versions one time a week, which kills it for those who have smaller guilds. Your team-mates can only run it once, so having them help others is out of the question.

PUG runs are out of the question, because you 90% of the time get under-geared, or under-skilled people that ruin the run.

Cant wait for the 28th of August

Sadly, you are an amoeba to an elephant..Bioware cant even feel you slashing at it.

Okay, I know you are probably frustrated with the server downage but lets take a look:

1) MMO players are a fickle bunch and move from game to game as soon as they hit end game for the most part. I was in beta also and I got tired of going through storylines. When I complete a level 50 jaunt I take a break from the game for a day or two or even longer. People come and go regularly in any MMO.

2) Just like I said under number 4 the game has to eventually end at some point. They pushed this game as story intensive and for the most part ehy have weaved other class storylines in with others. They will be adding more to the stories along the way and in fact later this year we'll be seeing the return of the Dreadmasters and a level cap...along with a new planet and a new species.

3) When you hit level 50 now you can click on the pvp terminal and receive a quest where you either receive a choice of sets of pvp gear or a token to purchase the pvp gear you want. Albeit it is blue gear, but it gives you something to begin with. Also, most people have been pvping throughout the levels and have put together some warzone commendations to supplement the blue gear with purple. I am not a pvper but I have used pvp to assist in leveling if I was breezing through pve content but not up to par level wise for a certain planet.

4) End game. What can be said about end game? No one can plan or produce enough content to keep everyone busy all the time. I think BioWare has produced big patches to put a bit more content in quicker than any other game to date. They have been more proactive than any other company I have seen to date...and they share with the community their plans. If you were playing EQ2 you wouldn't know anything about a new race until just before a patch or expansion was released. BioWare has already talked about the Cathar coming and more species based on player input.

5) Customer Service responds promptly and with courtesy. Of course their response is rote. A CSR cannot tell you what a dev is going to do. They even tell you in each response that they are passing the message up the chain. They don't have the ability to do anything else. Playing EQ2, EQ, WoW and a host of other games if you received a response...if....it was usually very negative and blamed you for everything that happened.

6) Watch the new developer video and check out blogs and updates. The devs said that a new space combat system was coming. There is a big patch coming sometime this year that is including the Cathar, a new planet, a new level cap and a bunch of other stuff. Expansion worthy stuff in any other game. Space comabt will get an overhaul.

7) BioWare did what they had to do because frankly people were leaving to the new flavor of the month game...D3. When I logged on teh Imperial Fleet there were usually 10 people at peak times. They converged various low pop servers to a few larger pop servers. There was no other option. It would also have been ufair to ask someone on a destination server to change their name that they may have had longer than you.

8) I have never, ever received any negative customer service from BioWare. Did I wish they could do more at times? Heck yeah, but as I have said before they have always been courteous and prompt.

If there is an issue you cannot expect an immediate reaction from the developers or an immediate patch to resolve an issue with a class or a game instance or whatever else. It takes time and BioWare has put out patches fast to try to correct issues. No MMO works 100% but SWTOR has done pretty well and better than most.

^ Total fanboi response lol

^ Total fanboi response lol

Not a bit, I've just played crap games with crap CSR and crap response times and this game is far from. Sorry guess this internets thing isn't for anyone with a positive experience.

They're long days mate. Don't know where you even find the time to play!!

:eek:

I know right? lol only 24 hours in a day dude..

anyway.. i think we have all been spoiled with blizzard and have forgotten..take a moment and think back to vanilla wow days and how much has been developed (unless of course your a wrath baby and fairly new or too young to remember) either way.. swtor is still fairly new.. and it takes time to continue developing things.. especially at this caliber.

Complaints are typical.. so I say

"do it your damn self if you think you can do it better and watch how quickly you eat your own words. Nothing happens over night.. your just spoiled and sound like a 4 year old saying "but..but.. i want, i want, i want it naaaaow! if that's the case go back to wow and play your kung fu panda." ;) buh bye

You know it's time to leave when the game is not fun to play anymore.

Yes, it's that simple. If you start the game then choose a toon then sigh after you do it then it's time to move on.

I played WOW back in the vanilla days and stuck with it for 6 yrs. I quit before cataclysm came out because it stopped being fun. If you don't enjoy chick flicks for movies, why would you keep watching them..same thing for a game.

I understand some peoples fustration because things are not like another game or not how they think it should be. But as I said, if you dread logging on then move on and find another. Problem is that there is so many games out there and every player is different. One person may be a fanboi on one game and another person finds the exact same game boring as boring can be. It's all in you'r likes and dislikes. You are unhappy with how the game is changing or developing, then create a constructive post and state your unhappiness. Like the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey.

If you buy something and you are unhappy with it, you call customer support and rationally tell them your dislikes and you'r more likely to get a result. if you call and immediately start ranting and raving like a loon, then do you think they will listen better? Just because your behind a pc screen does not give you the right to abandon all rational thinking and act like a raving looney, In my neck of the woods, most of these internet flamers would be put in the hospital or the morgue if they spoke like like that on the streets to people. I am not aiming this at the OP though. He did bring up some valid and well constructed reasons, but this is mainly for the flamers who will no doubt rant on about someone's feelings...well back to playing, enjoy your game or quit.

Edited by stabbeth

Like I said flame me, you don't mean anything to me. Sorry I made one mistake in the post, should have said per week, but what the heck if that was all you got out of it I hope you had fun with the comments. I would like to thank the numerous people who sent private messages to me stating that this is exactly the same way that they felt.

If you do not give any response to something that you have invested time and money into when you decide it is fatally flawed then you never really cared about it in the first place. Thus because I liked a lot in the beginning I decided to give the best gift any customer can ever give to a company, feedback on the problems. As I said in my post, my hope is that Bioware would read and that the players would get a better game because it is all about the money to the companies.

i agree,

For the character transfer, for the legacy, i find that they didn't really think much about it, if you spend 6 months playing a toon(s) and then start over on a new server cause of lack of population, and they only keep the highest of the legacy, well it's like throwing away 6 months of play, would have been nice if they could have merge the 2 legacy level somehow, in my case i have a legacy level of 15 on one server and a legacy level of 19 on an other, if they could have merge the 2 to reflect the time played on the 2 legacy.

As for the PVP part, i do agree, even if u get the basic pvp gear at level 50, you get your butt kick fast and it not really fun, pvp isn't about skill it all about the gear you have.

As for the new augment slots they added, it is a great ideal but i to find it very costly to do, as someone said you have to run alot of dailies. All this talk about the adaptive gear and such, well it is very expensif for my taste, Gold farming inc soon to your server.

Before the patch 1.3, i was somewhat happy with it, but since patch 1.3 and the character transfer being only to selectif servers, it kinda made me think twiced about the game and my renewal to it. why would i pay to have my character moved to my server that i am currently playing on when alot had theirs moved for free.

I do agree that the customer service is lacking, i created some ticket , and every time i got as response is "sorry for your inconvience".... not alot more to say on this,,,,

Been fun while it lasted BW, hope that this game success as other mmo out there.

Hello all,

We do appreciate feedback, even if it is negative. However, since threads stating that you've quit are not allowed, we're going to have to close it. However, we do have a great thread for those who have unsubscribed to share their feedback with us. You can find the Unsubscriber's thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476966