C2-N2 as a healing companion

DarakDJC

I'm thinking of starting a Knight toon but I've heard they don't get a healing companion until later in the game. Is it possible to use the ship droid as a healing companion? I've heard that you can but I don't see how. Thank you in advance for any helpful comments!

The ship droid is a healer droid. You'll just have to get him droid parts. He's stupid though, since he's unable to equip a weapon, and will run in and attempt to melee mobs. But properly equipped he's a decent healer.

I duo'd Esseles, at level 10, with a dps shadow and gunslinger, with both of us using our ship droids. In fact, I used my ship droid until getting my heal companion.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

The ship droid is a healer droid. You'll just have to get him droid parts. He's stupid though, since he's unable to equip a weapon, and will run in and attempt to melee mobs. But properly equipped he's a decent healer.

I duo'd Esseles, at level 10, with a dps shadow and gunslinger, with both of us using our ship droids. In fact, I used my ship droid until getting my heal companion.

without a weapon his is missing a huge chunk of tech power.

Terrible healer.

I've used the droid to help with lvl 50 dailies when I send Doc on Underworld Trading Missions (since he has a +1 crit) I was able gear him with decent items. (Cybertech)

As someone stated, he does no damage but he can heal so long you can stack presence and power.

Can't compare with Doc though)

I didn't use him when I was at low level so cant say how effective he can be at low level.

• 1 year later...

How did you get your ship droid at level 10?

How did you get your ship droid at level 10?

Well done with the necro. It's not a specific level so much as when you get your ship. If you have any kind of xp boost (in a guild, consumable items, etc), you will most likely be over level 10 when you get your ship on most classes.

• 1 month later...
I'm thinking of starting a Knight toon but I've heard they don't get a healing companion until later in the game. Is it possible to use the ship droid as a healing companion? I've heard that you can but I don't see how. Thank you in advance for any helpful comments!

I would refrain from using him, i tried and although i think i equipped him pretty well, he is just too dumb. Even though they have him tell you he is not a combat model and they don't let you equip a weapon, he still tries to attack and then spends more time healing himself than you. Reading stuff on the web, it sounds like he may have been able to equip a weapon in the past and that helped, but now that you can't, he is more annoying than anything else.

The ship droid is certainly "good enough" to use as a healer if you are doing a reasonable job with gear, tactics, positioning, interrupts, cooldowns etc. Numerous people have leveled all the way up with the ship droid as primary healer companion (I did it on a gunslinger for example). If you want better heals as early as possible obviously that's Treek. That does not mean that he ship droid is not a viable companion. I would not suggest trying to use the ship droid as a tank, despite the way he runs in and initiates hand-to-hand combat;)

You can use him as a healing comp, but he lacks the ability to damage, just heal, well he does punch but it does little damage. But you have to equip him with droid parts, but you can earn droid parts from missions (but some are T7 specific), you really need cybercraft to get the good droid parts though.

But you can do it without the healer, the Smuggler gets his healer last, and it's doable, difficult in bits but doable.