Wish I didn't have to be so tall..

Cavell

I'm sure this has been whined about to death, but since I'm new to the game, I'll take my turn.

Body Type 3 is the only male that looks remotely decent in most armor, as far as I can tell, yet he's clearly come to the Old Republic by way of the Baltimore Ravens' linebacker corps. Type 2 would probably be fine if the head-to-body size ratio weren't so absurd; as it is, I can't help but think he was modeled off some software developer living in Seattle who's big into Apple. Type 1's great, I guess, for the preteen crowd that wants to do a little author-insertion fantasy persona'ing it up, while I don't think we really need to discuss Jabba over at Type 4.

So, until they release Type 2.5, my official declaration is that the majority of your characters (and inhabitants of the galaxy) are just unnaturally short. Because I don't particularly want to play an 8'1" Jedi Guardian, but Type 3 it has to be.

I don't know where you live, but body type 1 is pretty much the average human male (most of the world is not caucasian), 2 is an athletic guy, 3 is an impossibly large guy on steroids, and 4 is a power/sumo wrestler. Even Dwayne Johnson would probably only be body type 2.5.

I agree that Trooper gear looks horrible on anything less than body type 3 though because the helmet is disproportionately sized.

Edited by Jenzali

I don't know where you live, but body type 1 is pretty much the average human male (most of the world is not caucasian), 2 is an athletic guy, 3 is an impossibly large guy on steroids, and 4 is a power/sumo wrestler. Even Dwayne Johnson would probably only be body type 2.5.

I agree that Trooper gear looks horrible on anything less than body type 3 though because the helmet is disproportionately sized.

What :o I love my Body Type 2 Trooper, he looks perfectly normal. Though I'd love a Type 2.5, Type 3 is RIDICULOUS.

Even Dwayne Johnson would probably only be body type 2.5.

I don't know, have you seen Fast Five? He was like that scene in Christmas Story where the little brother had on so many coats he couldn't put his arms down, but with muscle. 'Roided up horrible ex-wrestlers aside, this is why all my characters except my (body type 2) Agent are female, their models just look better.

How strange people's perceptions can differ so.

When I was making my trooper, I wanted to go with body 3 but the head looks too small for the body so I went with 2, like my GS; 2 just seems the most naturally proportioned, overall, to me. I agree, though, that the head is too large on body 1.

For me body type goes hand in hand with species. My Zabrak (both imp. and rep. variants) look much better as body type 2's, the mirialan and ratataki as 3's. Couldn't imagine flip-flopping those.

The only one I have that I think would work well as both would be Chiss which I went for "3" being a trooper but translate well to a 2 also.

Humans and Miraluki I think are also much better as a 2 then a 3.

I'm sorry but Body Type 3 in heavy armor looks terribly fat to me. The busier the armor, the less likely it looks good on the bigger bodies. Body 3 Jedi look absolutely ridiculous. Body 4 is only good if you're having a laugh. Body 1 and 2 are the only "normal" looking body types in the game.

I actually kinda like the way my characters look in body type 3, I was kinda annoyed at first when I started datacron hunting and found that my size stopped me from fitting through a few places (thank god they fixed this) but overall I was still happy with the aesthetics of it.

IIn all honesty it's probably because I'm closer to type 4 IRL and I'm living out my fantasy :p

What :o I love my Body Type 2 Trooper, he looks perfectly normal. Though I'd love a Type 2.5, Type 3 is RIDICULOUS.

THIS. Type 2.5 is exactly what I want. Then again, they seem to have enough trouble just keeping the current number of models from clipping, I can only imagine if they had another..

I don't know. Apparently I and everyone I know just comes from hearty, broad-shouldered stock, then, because Type 2 looks stick insect-like to me. Type 3 would be fine if it wasn't so goddamn tall.

Body Type 2 seems completely average to me.

Body Type 1 seems 'Teen'. Disproportionate head to torso, more gangly limbs, lack of muscle mass.

Body Type 3 seems like Basketball Player. Greater than average muscle mass, and 3 meters tall.

Body Type 4 seems like a Rugby Player. Broad shoulders, larger arms, barrel chested, but still little overall fat.

Rather than 2.5 for people who are unhappy with being either average or roided out, I would most want to see a Body Type 4.5 where the guy is actually fat. Not 'fat' by Hollywood standards, where he's actually muscular but has over 70cm waistline, but bonafide Fat where he sports a pot belly.

Porkins is cannon. So is Fat Rancor No-Shirt Guy. That's what I want to look like.

All my characters are body type 2. Body type 3 just does not do it for me at all. Maybe if there was a 2.5 that would be better but until that happens it's body type 2 all the way!

All my characters are body type 2. Body type 3 just does not do it for me at all. Maybe if there was a 2.5 that would be better but until that happens it's body type 2 all the way!

Same here (all 8 of my characters--male & female--are type 2). Type 2 just seems the most proportioned.

Type 1: too skinny. Type 3: too cartoony. Type 4: too fat.

Normally, skinny & fat wouldn't bother me, but there's something a little off about how those 2 types look. Type 3 looks like something from a Pixar flick.

I think it's all a matter of personal opinion. I haven't really explored the male customization, but I can tell you that I think Type 1 on the female side looks ridiculous. Mostly because of how it makes the face look and how damn skinny it is. But I still see people running around with it all the time. Personally my favorite body type in #4 for the females, but a lot of people think she just has far too much junk in the trunk. And that can be their personal opinion.

I popped up to the fleet and actually looked around, and noticed that while Type 3's taller, it's not quite as taller as it might appear from the character creation screen. I think I'll be able to live with it, though I still wish it was bulked out at the normal height.

Better still, give us some sliders at character creation to adjust body proportions, such as height, muscle mass, etc. Maybe they keep a range within each body type to keep things from looking too ridiculous, but a little variety would be appreciated.