Quesh inoculation

matfoo

• 2 years later...
1. The medical officer is outside the entranceway to the ship hangar (he's wearing white if that helps).

2. You need to be level 33+.

Thanks for the info! :)

Btw, that sucks. I'm level 31 and I need to go to Quesh. Too bad they set such a restriction.

Thanks for the info! :)

Btw, that sucks. I'm level 31 and I need to go to Quesh. Too bad they set such a restriction.

It's a road block to keep people from blasting ahead with help from a friend

BTW, stop necroing threads that are years old. Nobody that posted before will ever see it or care!

Edited by JacksonMo

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
its 2018.. i just started playing.. yes. i need this info.. but after so many years, its terrible that swtor hasnt fixed this or changed the text

There's nothing to fix -you shouldn't be trying to get to a level 36 planet when you're below level 33.

Although that is something they should tell new players at the start of the game - don't get more than 2 levels below the enemies you're fighting. (You can't even scratch them if you're 5 levels below. You can hit them if you're 4 levels below, but it will take a very long time to kill them.)

its 2018.. i just started playing.. yes. i need this info.. but after so many years, its terrible that swtor hasnt fixed this or changed the text

As the other person said, there's nothing to fix - it is meant to stop you from advancing so fast that you end up on a planet where you get rapidly squashed by foes you can't even scratch because you are too far below their level. (It's reasonable to make the rules so that low-levels can't hurt high-level foes, because it helps avoid the "Battleship defeated by Stone Age Warrior" problem that plagues the Civilization series.)

The text is accurate and is self-consistent with the game universe. The reason (in-universe) that you're not allowed on the shuttle is that you haven't been inoculated(1) against the poisons in the atmosphere of the planet. The "game-mechanical" reason is that your character hasn't taken the <Story Arc> mission, and that's restricted to higher-level characters because of the reasons given above.

So there's nothing to change in the text either.

(1) That's strictly speaking the wrong word, since the poisons aren't a disease, but it *is* the word the game uses.

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem. Apparently using boosts and gearing your character to level faster is a mistake, they punish you for doing so by level gating the missions. So if you progress to quickly because your using what the game provided to do exactly that, THEY PUNISH YOU, by not letting you proceed in your story missions. It's what less than reputable games do to try and keep you there, mostly because they feel their content is not good enough to keep you engaged and playing. BTW, the level requirement for getting the inoculation is 36 today, not 33 like it was yesterday as of this posting...that's right, it was level 33 on 8/8/2023, and level 36 on 8/9/2023. Aren't you glad you brought the fact that it was only a couple levels higher than you are when you get there, to their attention, and wouldn't have to grind that long to be able to proceed, so they fixed that. If somebody is capable and has it unlocked, to go to a certain planet or location, that's above their means, why is the game stopping them??? They'll get the picture when they can't handle it. Saying it's to protect you from getting squashed is bs. If I want, and can, go to ANYWHERE I would get "squashed", that should be MY CHOICE, not somebody else's that thinks they know whats best for me. If a player wants to stay somewhere and get killed over and over with no chance of survival, that should be THEIR CHOICE, not yours. That's how people learn. Mission level restrictions are total bs and other games I play got rid of them, and lo and behold, the game didn't collapse because some dumb f gets killed over and over because they went somewhere they shouldn't have and got killed over and over until they left. This all revolves around somebody else other than you deciding how you should play and what's best for you. F that. I'll start letting them tell me what's best for me when they start letting me tell them what's best for them, bet they say f that same as me. LEVEL RESTRICTIONS ARE FOR LOSERS. Do you need level restrictions?

Edited by Reldyeb

7 minutes ago, Reldyeb said:

Mission level restrictions are total bs and other games I play got rid of them, and lo and behold, the game didn't collapse because some dumb f gets killed over and over because they went somewhere they shouldn't have and got killed over and over until they left

Observation: Guild Wars 2 (although it doesn't, as such, have quests or missions) has level restrictions in the "Personal Story" which is mechanically equivalent to SWTOR's "class story" (now "origin story", but whatever).

Observation: ESO's PTS has a system that *introduces* minimum-level requirements on a bunch of quests.  Not *removes*, but *introduces*.