Critical success rate

Triality

Yes, the tooltip kept me from buying that perk until I found that a correction is in the works. There are several dev posts on it clarifying the following:

Quote:

The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

Crafting, not specifically slicing, though. My assumption is that slicing is included and with the sample size increasing we should see closer to what Rhaphael originally posted, 23%.

Her original post is here.

Although I 'perceive' a higher crit rate from my other crafters, I'm not collecting data on that. Any references to dev corrections would be appreciated :)

The yellow post you quoted specifically says it only affects crafting, not missions. Slicing is not crafting. Therefor it should not be affected by it and thus it's not 23%, but 20% chance for a crit.

In fact we have developer confirmation that it does in fact only affect crafting, not missions.

Beesodd:

This buff is for the actual crafting itself, and does not affect the Crew Missions.

Edited by Rhaphael

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One tip that many people miss though is to make sure you equip your crew with the right armour/gear. If you wanted to improve your chance of critting on your main character, you would make sure your armour had lots of crit rating. But when it comes to your companions and missions most people forget.
Are you suggesting that putting +crit gear on your companions increases their chances of critting on crew missions? Edited by Walking-Carpet

I have run 100s of missions of lvl 6 lock box mission and not gotten 1 slicing mission drop. And if you look at the prices of slicing missions its around 100k per. So the biggest cut of augments comes from the random chance of getting a slicing recipe, and the same gathering lock box missions offer other missions to well over compensate the expenses of getting that hard to get slicing mission.

This is the only complaint I have so far running Slicing Missions. I have zero issue with the critical percentage, I'm definately receiving quite a few Missions, however I have not received a single Slicing Mission from running these Grade 6 Lockbox Missions. By far I am receiving the most for Investigation, with the others evenly matched, but still no Slicing Missions. Is anyone else having this problem, or am I simply getting super unlucky?

One tip that many people miss though is to make sure you equip your crew with the right armour/gear. If you wanted to improve your chance of critting on your main character, you would make sure your armour had lots of crit rating. But when it comes to your companions and missions most people forget.

Our own crit rating gained through armor/ gear has no effect on crafting.

The crit rating our companions gain through their armor/ gear does not affect their crafting ability.

This is the only complaint I have so far running Slicing Missions. I have zero issue with the critical percentage, I'm definately receiving quite a few Missions, however I have not received a single Slicing Mission from running these Grade 6 Lockbox Missions. By far I am receiving the most for Investigation, with the others evenly matched, but still no Slicing Missions. Is anyone else having this problem, or am I simply getting super unlucky?

In my experience the most rare Mission Discovery is that of Slicing. It has always been the most rare since launch. You can't count on them for being your main source of purple slicing mats, you'll just have to run the normal tech parts missions and hope you'll crit.

I've noticed this too. I can't remember the last time I got a UT, TH or Slicing discovery mission. Lately, the vast majority are Investigation, with a few on Diplomacy

These kind of threads are too usual - sample sizes of ten and refered to as some kind of fact. Needs to stop. What I wrote above would more correctly be described as blunt rather than rude - then again the easier a person takes offence...

"You're wrong" is a blunt statement.

"These kinds of threads are stupid" is a rude one.

I actually agree with the point you were trying to make completely. But the "stupid" comment was unnecessary.

These kind of threads are too usual - sample sizes of ten and refered to as some kind of fact. Needs to stop.

Needs to stop ? lol, ok.... if you say so

What I wrote above would more correctly be described as blunt rather than rude - then again the easier a person takes offence...

And, apparentely, it's even easier to act like an arse on the internet. Did you notice that too ? Strange thing.

----------------------

OP, I've been taking notes on my own slicing missions, specifically for the Grade 6 Slice tech missions. I wasn't trying to test the actual crit rate, I just wanted to know how much 1 purple mat for augment costs.

Anyways, after 269 missions I got 47 crits, so that'd be a 0.1747 aproximately. Very similar to your numbers.

All of these were run by Vette, Quinn and the droid at 10k affection.

Does anyone have the post/source by the devs explaining what are the expected crit chance for this ?

Because I thought the base crit chance was 10% (for any kind of mission), plus 5% with 10k affection. Plus, whatever bonus your companion might have, which in my case is none.

OP, I've been taking notes on my own slicing missions, specifically for the Grade 6 Slice tech missions. I wasn't trying to test the actual crit rate, I just wanted to know how much 1 purple mat for augment costs.

Anyways, after 269 missions I got 47 crits, so that'd be a 0.1747 aproximately. Very similar to your numbers.

All of these were run by Vette, Quinn and the droid at 10k affection.

Does anyone have the post/source by the devs explaining what are the expected crit chance for this ?

Because I thought the base crit chance was 10% (for any kind of mission), plus 5% with 10k affection. Plus, whatever bonus your companion might have, which in my case is none.

I've spent quite a bit of time searching for the original breakdown to no avail. I do think Rhaphael is close in a post above...

Difficulty: Yellow/Green/Grey = 15%

Affection 10k = 5%

Legacy Crit Crafting = 0% (does not affect missions)

So the base chance for everyone is 15+5+0 = 20%

I've spent quite a bit of time searching for the original breakdown to no avail. I do think Rhaphael is close in a post above...

Difficulty: Yellow/Green/Grey = 15%

Affection 10k = 5%

Legacy Crit Crafting = 0% (does not affect missions)

So the base chance for everyone is 15+5+0 = 20%

Correct those are the values given by the devs in the April 27th Q&A.

Edited by Rhaphael

Mmmh, since the last patch on Tuesday, I am counting less than one in ten critical successes doing lvl6 slicing missions. Lower level missions are still working out finely.

Yesterday I counted exactly _two_ criticals after 24 missions, today _none_ so far (about 15).

Correct those are the values given by the devs in the April 27th Q&A.

Great find, Rhaphael, thanks :)

I'll update later today; the return is getting rather flat after bouncing around. One thing to note is the crit rate has never reached 20%. Admittedly, I started on a low note, but if the RNG is primed correctly, we should see the 20% and sometimes over that.

I've experienced the same as ConnorSalak, 20 missions with no crits, but also 5/5. Random.

What's getting me isn't the crits on lockbox missions, it's the crits on the yellow tier 6 missions that crit into Advanced Neural Augmentors.

Before 1.3, I was rock-steady at about 20% crit on those missions (i.e. 1 in 5 returned ANE's). Today the number stands at 16%... and that includes the numbers that generated 20% prior to 1.3. If I were tracking only crits since 1.3, it would be much lower than 16%. I'm guessing around 10%, and may reset my counters to prove it.

They definitely nerfed the crit chance on these missions, thereby increasing the cost of Advanced Neural Augmentors.

OK, I counted the last 51 missions: I had 7 critical successes, that makes about 13,7%. Interesting though is, that most (all?) where achieved while offline or playing another character! Is this real or just an impression?

Well, my Slicer is a character that I don't actually play (is at level 25 and that's it), so allways all those crits are either offline or plyaing another character.

What's getting me isn't the crits on lockbox missions, it's the crits on the yellow tier 6 missions that crit into Advanced Neural Augmentors.

Before 1.3, I was rock-steady at about 20% crit on those missions (i.e. 1 in 5 returned ANE's). Today the number stands at 16%... and that includes the numbers that generated 20% prior to 1.3. If I were tracking only crits since 1.3, it would be much lower than 16%. I'm guessing around 10%, and may reset my counters to prove it.

They definitely nerfed the crit chance on these missions, thereby increasing the cost of Advanced Neural Augmentors.

My crit rate is at around 17,5 %. I have registered all the dates and hours of every mission, but most my runs are pre 1.3, so I couldn't say if it's lower than before 'cause the sample would be too small.

By mission

102 20 3 Mysterious Funds

19.6% 2.9%

102 12 6 Whispers on the Net

11.8% 5.9%

102 22 2 Extinguish the Sun

21.6% 2.0%

Now that is interesting. Whispers On The Net has a much lower crit chance than the rest. So that one mission is responsible for your overall lower crit chance. Could be a sample size thing (102 is not a lot), but it looks like something is not working quite right with that mission.

Edited by Rhaphael

I was pulled away and am remiss with this update, but my numbers are holding fairly steady at:

Total missions: 591

Critical success rate: 16.8%

Failure rate: 3.0%

The OP was updated :)

Whispers on the Net is still off by a lot. With 141 runs it's only at 11.3% while the others are much higher. Not counting this mission puts you at an average of 18.4%, which is within the expected range of 20%.

I would report (in-game) that that mission is underperforming. Perhaps it's bugged after all.

Edited by Rhaphael