The cheap slackers way of gearing out.

crustie

"remod your BM gearset with WH mods and enhancements that give power/surge or crit/surge depending on your needs and how close you are to the crit cap. this is done by either getting WH boots or gloves depending on your class. these pieces are the cheapest at 2000 rwz coms."

So - I'm a little confused on this step. In order to buy the WH gloves (for instance), you first need to have the BM gloves. But the BM gloves are "consumed" when you trade them in for the WH ones, aren't they? So, If I want to continuously buy the WH gloves just for the mods/enhancements, don't I also have to re-purchase the BM ones every time I do it? The gloves are 875 commendations (292 RWZ comms), so that'd put the total price for the WH gloves at 2292 RWZ comms.

Just making sure I'm not missing something. Thanks for the guide.

"remod your BM gearset with WH mods and enhancements that give power/surge or crit/surge depending on your needs and how close you are to the crit cap. this is done by either getting WH boots or gloves depending on your class. these pieces are the cheapest at 2000 rwz coms."

So - I'm a little confused on this step. In order to buy the WH gloves (for instance), you first need to have the BM gloves. But the BM gloves are "consumed" when you trade them in for the WH ones, aren't they? So, If I want to continuously buy the WH gloves just for the mods/enhancements, don't I also have to re-purchase the BM ones every time I do it? The gloves are 875 commendations (292 RWZ comms), so that'd put the total price for the WH gloves at 2292 RWZ comms.

Just making sure I'm not missing something. Thanks for the guide.

But for building WH from scratch its still cheaper to eat the extra 875 regular comms each time then pay the premium for each slot, chest and helm are both over 3000 rated comms for example, so 2292 X 2 = 4584 X 3 = 13752 warzone commendations. 6700 X 3 = 20100 warzone commendations.

So the cost differential is the equivalent of 6,400 regular warzone comms.

Also you can potentially take those BM mods you are ripping out of the gloves each time and pass them to a second alt doing the aforementioned legacy gear mod transfer method, thus giving you near full war hero and full BM on two different alts for about 60% the time outlay to get full war hero on one character the old fashioned way.

Looking forward to trying this as I have one near full (just chest remaining) character, two semi-idle 50's with one WH piece each otherwise all BM, and a sage about to hit 50

Edited by paul_preib

Actually...

the helmet is 2425 RWZ comms, which is only 133 RWZ comms more

the legs are 2225 RWZ comms, which is 67 RWZ comms *cheaper*

the chest is 3200 RWZ comms, which is 908 RWZ comms more

So to me, it makes some sense to *maybe* do this approach for the chest piece, but not the others.

Edited by gpwarner

Actually...

the helmet is 2425 RWZ comms, which is only 133 RWZ comms more

the legs are 2225 RWZ comms, which is 67 RWZ comms *cheaper*

the chest is 3200 RWZ comms, which is 908 RWZ comms cheaper

So to me, it makes some sense to *maybe* do this approach for the chest piece, but not the others.

Problem is you still need to get rid of the crappy stats on some of the war hero.

humm well when you got BM pieces you can pull out the mods on those and save them for other gear, ok but, if your aiming for optimal War Hero stats, then you need War Hero gear, thats tied to the BM gear you already bought though ?

its all ok, that you can go an buy some gloves from a different BM set, but at the end of the day your still gimping your expertise. very minor gap between BM and WH, anyway, but even so, you are sacrificing some thing, to get more of some thing else.

Just my thoughts.

Problem is you still need to get rid of the crappy stats on some of the war hero.

Very true. I think that's the big advantage of this approach - the itemization. The overall savings in RWZ comms isn't that great, until you figure in the cost of reitemizing all your crap WH mods/enhancements.

humm well when you got BM pieces you can pull out the mods on those and save them for other gear, ok but, if your aiming for optimal War Hero stats, then you need War Hero gear, thats tied to the BM gear you already bought though ?

its all ok, that you can go an buy some gloves from a different BM set, but at the end of the day your still gimping your expertise. very minor gap between BM and WH, anyway, but even so, you are sacrificing some thing, to get more of some thing else.

Just my thoughts.

you are misunderstanding, you are getting the mods and enhancements from buying WH gloves/boots not BM ones. so the expertise is the same as WH because the armorings in BM have 50 expertise just like the WH armorings. the only stats you are gimping are 33-154 armor, 15 endurance, and 15 main stat.

Very true. I think that's the big advantage of this approach - the itemization. The overall savings in RWZ comms isn't that great, until you figure in the cost of reitemizing all your crap WH mods/enhancements.

exactly, which is why i made the guide.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
ok.. i've posted this as a reply in a couple of gear threads and figured i'd post it as it's own thread. hopefully some people will get something out of it.

the gear grind is there and it's not going anywhere. but you do have a rather quick option to gearing out. i'm currently using this option with my two alt 50's. I went the long way with my sorc main to get full WH.

1. max out RWZ coms and WZ coms between 10-50. then at 50 buy WH main-hand weapon. if you are mara/merc or sent/gunslinger be sure to pull the BM mods out and put in orange off-hand before buying the WH one. this way you have WH main-hand and BM off-hand.

2. get recruit gear and suffer for a week or less until you are full BM.

3. augment your full BM gearset. at this point you are completely viable in pvp, not optimal but viable.

4. remod your BM gearset with WH mods and enhancements that give power/surge or crit/surge depending on your needs and how close you are to the crit cap. this is done by either getting WH boots or gloves depending on your class. these pieces are the cheapest at 2000 rwz coms. if you are gearing an alt and have a main that is fully geared and doing ranked, then you can use your spare RWZ coms to do this and transfer them to your alt with legacy gear.

5. replace your BM with WH ear, implants, belt, bracers. then augment them.

in the end you will have BM gear with WH mods and enhancements. this means the difference between your gear and a fully remodded WH set will be 15 endurance and 15 main stat. that difference is very slight and will not make a difference at all in battle. and you will be able to obtain this set a lot faster then grinding the whole WH set.

thank you handsolod for reminding me about the differences in armor value. here they are for the different classes.

jug/gaurdian - 154 armor

mara/sent - 118 armor

IA/smuggler - 118 armor

SI/JC - 81 armor

BH/trooper - 33 armor

again for me, not a game breaking difference.

hopefully this helps some people.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but we can't buy RWZ comms until lvl40. I'm already maxed out at 2k at level 25 and have as many lvl20 gear as I can from the regular PvP vendor, any recommendations on useful ways to use WZ comms before I hit 40?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but we can't buy RWZ comms until lvl40. I'm already maxed out at 2k at level 25 and have as many lvl20 gear as I can from the regular PvP vendor, any recommendations on useful ways to use WZ comms before I hit 40?

Stims and medpacks. There's level 40 gear too.

You forgot the part where you buy Legacy Gear and your main farms BM pieces. Put the BM mods into Legacy Gear and send them to alt to start 50 in BM.

Great guide and I am really pissed off now.

Had I known this trick for legacy I would have saved a ton of time. Nothing like bioware making things stupidly complex. Rip mods out. Add to legacy item. Send to alt. Alt removes.

What sort of sense does that make?

Or try this bioware BOP/BOE can be sent to alts.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

I've got a few WH pieces left to get but, in hind sight, I wish that I would have simply bought the BM gear, optimized it, and then added in WH stuff as I went along. I'd have ended up much happier with only a slight stat decrease vs WH optimized.