Response from bioware needed concerning action bars

Koendewit

Bioware how is it so hard to figure out that the community needs at least one extra hotbar for stuff like:

- Relics

- Medpacks

- Adrenals

- Grenades

- Speeders

- etc

Right now the amount of hotbars is just enough to fit our abilities and just 2-3 other things. Especially now with the legacy abilities we really need another one. You allways say you know what the players want and that you want to talk to the community. Well, go ahead and give me a reason why it is not in the game yet?

Have you tried extending the hotbars via the user interface editor?

You can only have 12 slots per hotbar no matter what you do in the UI... sure you can reduce the number of useable slots but by default you always have 12 slots.. the only thing you can do is change how the hotbars are organised / orientated

EDIT - I agree OP.. one more Hotbar wouldnt go amiss in game for sure.

Edited by Bloodstealer

I would certainly like another button bar.. Not sure where I would put it..

I guess for me, I wouldn't mind it working like the companion bar.. You have to press a key to bring it up and then you can hide it.. I don't think I would need it out or visible all the time.. But I am sure others would be different.. In the end.. One more bar would be awsome!! :D

You can use keybinds to set up a switch between Quickslot Bar 1 and Quickslot Bar 5. I've set mine to Page Down and Page Up. I then reset my keyboard's Forward/Back keys to map to Page Up and Page Down, respectively, so I can just hit those two buttons up near that heavy corner of the board (1-5, F1-F5, etc) and switch back and forth.

You can move all of your non-combat abilities into QS5 so that you can flip back to QS1 and have 4 full 12-slot bars available.

Give this a try. Your QS5 bar is probably filled with duplicate abilities that have been popping up there along the way... just make sure you're on bar 5 (compare it to bar 1) and then wipe that stuff out.... and you have 12 fresh slots.

All told, you've got space for 60 abilities.

I'd like to see more, of course, and a desktop interface that allows us to take the icons off the bars entirely and just arrange them on the screen wherever and however we want... but in the mean time... 12 more slots helps a lot.

You can use keybinds to set up a switch between Quickslot Bar 1 and Quickslot Bar 5. I've set mine to Page Down and Page Up. I then reset my keyboard's Forward/Back keys to map to Page Up and Page Down, respectively, so I can just hit those two buttons up near that heavy corner of the board (1-5, F1-F5, etc) and switch back and forth.

You can move all of your non-combat abilities into QS5 so that you can flip back to QS1 and have 4 full 12-slot bars available.

Give this a try. Your QS5 bar is probably filled with duplicate abilities that have been popping up there along the way... just make sure you're on bar 5 (compare it to bar 1) and then wipe that stuff out.... and you have 12 fresh slots.

All told, you've got space for 60 abilities.

I'd like to see more, of course, and a desktop interface that allows us to take the icons off the bars entirely and just arrange them on the screen wherever and however we want... but in the mean time... 12 more slots helps a lot.

Thankfully, the UI is extremely customizable to a point where it took me a few days to configure it how I wanted it (at least for PVE/PVP soloing, don't know if I'd want to use a different layout for ranked warzones or operations.). I really do wish they let us use the QS5 bar as a bar physically separate from QS1 though. :|

Really, as I've said before, if our bars are getting so cluttered up to this kind of point, it may just point to Bioware needing to condense abilities a little bit. My Gunslinger's bars are pretty much full. :L (He's the only 50 I have that I've used for something other than dailies, though at the moment I'm not doing anything for him insofar as endgame.).

I would certainly like another button bar.. Not sure where I would put it..

I guess for me, I wouldn't mind it working like the companion bar.. You have to press a key to bring it up and then you can hide it.. I don't think I would need it out or visible all the time.. But I am sure others would be different.. In the end.. One more bar would be awsome!! :D

Have it setup like the default WoW Bars 36 buttons on the bottom and on the right side bar 24 buttons.

I changed my bars recently...i put the main bar on the right and made it the new side bar. I took quickbar 4 and put in in place of where the main bar used to be. I took the quickbar on the left and made it 2 rows of 6 buttons across and put it on the end of the bottom 2 bars. That made it look like i had 2 rows at the bottom 18 buttons on each row. All i had to do was center everything on the bottom and it looks pretty clean.

If we get a 5th bar then i would just put the new one on the right side, plenty of room for it over there.

You guys do realize there are four quick bars, right? None of my characters has run out of space for abilities, even keeping stances, quick travel, sprint, warzone adrenals and medpacs, normal medpacs, mounts, every single ability etc. The only thing I don't have there is the Emergency Fleet Pass. The only character that has come close is my lv39 Scoundrel, and there the problem is that he has way too many useful abilites to fit into the two main bars (I have two in bottom-mid with in-battle abilities and one on each side with buffs and other stuff), but he still has loads of room in the other bars.

You guys do realize there are four quick bars, right? None of my characters has run out of space for abilities, even keeping stances, quick travel, sprint, warzone adrenals and medpacs, normal medpacs, mounts, every single ability etc. The only thing I don't have there is the Emergency Fleet Pass. The only character that has come close is my lv39 Scoundrel, and there the problem is that he has way too many useful abilites to fit into the two main bars (I have two in bottom-mid with in-battle abilities and one on each side with buffs and other stuff), but he still has loads of room in the other bars.

Well, my lvl 50 scoundrel is all outta room mate. Not lying here.

We've been asking for one extra bar since 1.2.

As a sage, i really only need 4 bars. But I've seen guardians and shadows whose bars are completely full, mostly with abilities and then they can't fit one or two things like med packs or relics.

Customizable buff bars would also be nice.