Earn Rewards for Free Character Transfers

Kallir

Same here as the OP, I want to play on the server I rerolled on MONTHS AGO because my original server was DEAD. I now have a whole community of players I hang out with but my HIGH LEVEL LEGACY and all my GEARED, HIGH-LEVEL CRAFTER toons are of NO USE TO ME.

Sorry for the caps but there are a number of responders on this thread who seem to think those of us in this situation are just whining. I began to play back during beta and am now being told my time investment and my devotion to the game are worth NOTHING to Bioware.I don't want cheap rewards, I want to play the characters I have built with the FRIENDS I have made in the game. These kinds of attachments are what keep players like me in an MMO.

Saga (oh wait, no I had to rename her because that name was TAKEN.....)

Indigo (oh, same thing, my name was taken on the server I was forced to transfer to...)

Edited by BlueIndigo
misspelled word

do the free rewards you get count toward only one character or all the characters you transfer ? and if i make new characters on the new server i move to, do i still get the free rewards for them to ? or is this like a one character one time only deal ?

They are throwing stuff at people to entice them to move out of soon to be DELETED servers.

only the morons who deserve what is coming to them [loss of all characters and everything earned] will turn down Bioware's more than generous offer of freebies.

i cant wait to taste their tears on the forum when their server is deleted.

..Except Bioware won't even be that standard. They'll just force-move the offending characters anyway.

And it's funny. Really funny. People are mad but I have never seen a company baby their playerbase by giving them tons of free stuff in an effort to make their transitions easier.

Thanks for calling me a moron, don't know what I ever did to upset you.

only the morons who deserve what is coming to them [loss of all characters and everything earned] will turn down Bioware's more than generous offer of freebies. ...

Well, I agree SOMEONE is a moron....

Lets see, to have 8 toons on my destination server, and all I have to do is delete 8 toons on my Origin server or my destination server.... so I lose 8 toons if I transfer or wait til they delete those 8 toons... strange "voluntary" transfer there...

The moron in the tale is up to you the reader to decide....:D

Edited by Roalmo

Same here as the OP, I want to play on the server I rerolled on MONTHS AGO because my original server was DEAD. I now have a whole community of players I hang out with but my HIGH LEVEL LEGACY and all my GEARED, HIGH-LEVEL CRAFTER toons are of NO USE TO ME.

Sorry for the caps but there are a number of responders on this thread who seem to think those of us in this situation are just whining. I began to play back during beta and am now being told my time investment and my devotion to the game are worth NOTHING to Bioware.I don't want cheap rewards, I want to play the characters I have built with the FRIENDS I have made in the game. These kinds of attachments are what keep players like me in an MMO.

Saga (oh wait, no I had to rename her because that name was TAKEN.....)

Indigo (oh, same thing, my name was taken on the server I was forced to transfer to...)

If I sometimes PUT RANDOM WORDS in all caps, maybe PEOPLE WILL TAKE ME MORE seriously and realize how RIGHT I AM.

do the free rewards you get count toward only one character or all the characters you transfer ? and if i make new characters on the new server i move to, do i still get the free rewards for them to ? or is this like a one character one time only deal ?

All your toons on a "destination" server on the indicated day get the freebies. No one else.

All your toons on a "destination" server on the indicated day get the freebies. No one else.

You are incorrect. If you read the BW responses in the stickied thread, characters on an origin server, whether they move or not, also get the rewards.

You are incorrect. If you read the BW responses in the stickied thread, characters on an origin server, whether they move or not, also get the rewards.

Good luck with that.

From that thread:

"If you haven’t moved your characters yet, it’s not too late. Transfer now to receive these in-game rewards! "

Indicating that you have to "transfer".

Edited by Roalmo

For me it's not a sense of entitlement so much as I see a mountain of stupid. I don't feel "entitled" to a transfer. However, transfers are currently available. The coding is there. There is just an artificial barrier between me and the place I actually want to transfer. To me, that is just plain stupid.

I'll enjoy the free reward myself

Which is exactly why I transferred from Shien to Ebon Hawk--i lost my legacy, which I didn't care anything about, and had to rename 2 toons, but the 25 BH commendations were enough of a bribe for me to transfer to a server I really don't want to be on but will hang for a while until I can pay to move to Canderous Ordo where my 4 other chars are

What you are not understanding is that when the server population gets low enough they will just FORCE MOVE ebveryone that is left, to a server of biowares choosing, and shut down the server you are on.

If you want to pick where you want to go....that is going to cost you some $$$. In WoW it is to the tune of 25.00 a pop. WIth SWTOR being the second big mmo...i can see them charging 15.00 a pop, if not more. DO you really think your going to get that service for free just because everything is in place to make it so? Man i wish my water, electric, cable and internet worked that way.

For me it's not a sense of entitlement so much as I see a mountain of stupid. I don't feel "entitled" to a transfer. However, transfers are currently available. The coding is there. There is just an artificial barrier between me and the place I actually want to transfer. To me, that is just plain stupid.

Here's the thing though. Server populations were dead before. So, in order to provide a more enjoyable game experience for everybody, Bioware measured server populations and organized the transfers in such a way so as to form a smaller group of servers with much larger and more balanced populations in order to ensure everybody has somebody to play with. The only way that can possibly work out is if Bioware only allows certain people to move to certain destination servers.

Think about it. If they allowed people to transfer to any server they want, one of two things would happen. A), the population would end up still being just as spread out as before, just shifted around a little bit, or B), the entire population of SWTOR would have transferred to Fatman, completely overloading the server and virtually guaranteeing 24/7 login queues. Same issue if they let people choose any destination server from the list: they run the risk that certain destinations get overloaded while others don't get enough of an influx to boost the population. In any of the above scenarios, the population problem still exists in one form or another.

So Bioware gave everyone one choice in order to ensure optimal population balance across all servers. That was their goal with server transfers, nothing more, nothing less. Now that the population IS balanced, if you are unhappy with your destination, you will in the very near future be able to pay a small fee to transfer to the server of your choice, while the vast majority of the population remains happily playing wherever Bioware assigned them. So the minority of people who are unhappy will have the option to go somewhere where they'll be happier without running the risk of screwing up server population balance for everyone else.

I'm enjoying SWTOR, but I'm not enjoying it so much that I'm going to move my lone level 50 toon on a dead server to ANY SERVER EXCEPT the one that has my three other level 50 toons.

The Legacy system punishes the player for playing on more than one server, my lone 50 is on ice until I can get her on my main server.

If this nonsense keeps up much longer I'll just suspend my account and move onto something that is not annoying me on a daily basis. GW2 is dropping soon and I like the look of the next WOW expansion, not to mention my Star Trek Online characters are sadly neglected these days.

SWTOR is not the only toy in the toy box.

I'm enjoying SWTOR, but I'm not enjoying it so much that I'm going to move my lone level 50 toon on a dead server to ANY SERVER EXCEPT the one that has my three other level 50 toons.

The Legacy system punishes the player for playing on more than one server, my lone 50 is on ice until I can get her on my main server.

If this nonsense keeps up much longer I'll just suspend my account and move onto something that is not annoying me on a daily basis. GW2 is dropping soon and I like the look of the next WOW expansion, not to mention my Star Trek Online characters are sadly neglected these days.

SWTOR is not the only toy in the toy box.

Jedi Vs Panda? hmmm....I've played and subed wow since vanilla, into bc, wotlk, and cataclysm. it became a second job...i have a job in real life...when i game it is to have fun...not be a second joband I have a lifetime sub to STO, and can tell you now with the f2p model...i have to save and burn my stipend to even remotely stay competitive....i cant imagine the people that are not lifetime and being nickled and dimed to death to stay competitive.

Edited by Maraxuss

What you are not understanding is that when the server population gets low enough they will just FORCE MOVE ebveryone that is left, to a server of biowares choosing, and shut down the server you are on.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll wait for the force move. There are good odds that it will happen after I am done with the game and it won't matter where they move me. :)

They said to me and i quote "we are rotating the server on a daily basis, please check often"

Freaking awesome rotation so far!

Sorry I am late to the game as I have been working out of town.. But unless you can provide a link from someone official stating that, it didn't happen. No matter what you write in this forum.. I can state that they told me I'd get the rest of my online time for the next three years for free but that wouldn't make it any more true than your statement because it cannot be independently verified.

Sorry I am late to the game as I have been working out of town.. But unless you can provide a link from someone official stating that, it didn't happen. No matter what you write in this forum.. I can state that they told me I'd get the rest of my online time for the next three years for free but that wouldn't make it any more true than your statement because it cannot be independently verified.

I am in the same boat as this guy. ^

They said what now and when? Did I misread something somewhere or did you? For how closely I follow information I cannot imagine I missed something like that.

I am in awe at how obtuse some people can be.

They are offering a server transfer. Your server is empty, your destination is not. Take it. If/when they offer a paid service, go where you would prefer to go. But in the meantime, you will actually have humans to play with.

Continue to hold out hope, but if they do rotate I can't imagine they would switch East/West.

Her's the problem i have! I would take a free transfer anywhere but the preselected free server transfer is to a server that I already have 8 characters. Made 5 tickets and 3 phone calls. This morning at 8 am I was the only one on the fleet and i can't get them to fix their broken policy. Very frustrating!

I don't have a preference of server to transfer to but I have 1 character on Space Slugg and 4 on Zaalbar and they preselected these characters to Harbinger. I already have 8 characters on Harbinger so I cant transfer. So frustrating, this morning at 8 am I was the only person on the Fleet! I have made 5 tickets and 3 phone calls, this is insane!!!

This is not correct, either. Characters on origin servers are not eligible for the free rewards. However, characters who are native to their destination server ( i.e., they did not have to transfer in order to be on the destination server) will receive the rewards.

There still seems to be some confusion. If your server was a destination server, like Prophecy of the Five for example, you will still receive the rewards even if you did not transfer characters.

Check to see if your server is qualified for rewards here.

BW confused the issue somewhat by linking to this page, which displays a list of "Origin Servers Qualified for Transfer." This is NOT the list of servers eligible for rewards, which is further down the page, under "Servers Qualified for Rewards." Only those servers on the second list should be considered when checking a character's eligibility.

In other words: Whether or not a character used the free transfer service does not matter; what matters is whether that character is located on a destination server by the reward deadline.

LAME

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120705

We want to be able to move to the server i am playing, I keep getting replies to check the list as they rotate it. My ***, never seem my server rotate or my friend.

I am still not moving my toon so they will have to keep it up..

So i guess they want us to move by giving us free stuff, that is so lame..

Thanks for nothing BW/EA......

really? why are there these ppl that are so stubbern to move? BW will move you when they close that server down, they wont leave it open just for you or the 10 others there. Move already