Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Yipee maintenance

randalthorr

For myself I am usually happy to wait maintenances out by playing single player games.

I am very concerned that a number of my guildmates have taken the opportunity provided by all the prime time asia pac downtimes, to go try TSW. Only 2 have subbed to that game so far but they are promoting the game in guild forums.

I doubt that constantly suggesting asia -pacific time zone players "go find something else to do" is going to achieve anything other than a net loss of subscribers. I do not think americans as a group are insensitive but many of the posters to these forums would not be my first choice as foreign ambassadors.

I once again thank BW for establishing an oceanic located server. I hope there are still people on those servers by the time these frequent prime time outages are resolved.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can't freakin believe they've had so many maintenance's in the last week. It's almost like planning ahead to not even be able to play those hours. I'm still pissed they haven't sent any email regarding transferring my characters from Jung Ma over to The Bastion

TL:DR: 4 x time zones = no raiding after a patch.

I had a huge wall of text. Got sick of writing because I'm wasting my breath with a company that does not listen to Asia/Pasific region community.

Stop eating into to our prime time.

We have three to four time zones that use the one server. This makes raiding really hard when the servers come back online because then it's too late to begin a raid for New Zealanders.

We accept Tues night is patch night but anything after that is just a write off for that night of our scheduled raid.

Yeah this is getting really annoying, 5 4-6+ hour outages withing a few weeks right during the middle of mine (and many others) prime time playing is getting really annoying. Bioware has effectively kept me from playing the game I pay for for almost two solid weeks. I think that pretty soon I'll just do what so many suggest, and speak with my money. I like the game, but what's the point if I can't even play it?

This is getting beyond a joke now with your night after night on maintenance, we understand you need to fix up all your mistakes but taking down the servers for the most littlest things is frustrating for us on the asian/ pacific servers.

Little things like this piss off a lot of people that have such things as Raid groups running, this now is the 5th night in the past 8 nights and i think its time the times zone needs to change, even moving in 2 -3 hours ahead would be better.

You really need to put more effort into your patching and game testing or start hiring people more suited to the job.

26th, 28th, 29th, 3rd, 4th

That is a record. I'm betting after 1.4 we'd have a full maintenance week.

EDIT:: BTW, I live in the red-zone.

They really need to get a handle on this. It looks amateurish and goofy. If this game becomes colloquially known as STAR WARS: The Old Maintenance, it's going to hurt both short-term and long-term growth for the game, and may even drive current players away.

The other MMOs I played weren't taking the servers down 4 times a week for maintenance.

What's the deal? I understand it's their first MMO, and I understand the game first launched a few months back, but it's been over 6 months now.

Something, somewhere, should be getting more skilled and more efficient... and this continual maintenance cycle just doesn't seem to give that impression.

I was a big defender of BioWare throughout the early months... but it's been time enough. Time to get a grip on things and start doing maybe 2 maintenance patches a month and then leave the thing alone. Eventually, it needs to be to the point where maintenance doesn't require downtime at all except for MAJOR revision patches, like 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, etc.

It's 4-6 hours or more, and usually ends up coming up right when it's too late to play. They are effectively preventing an entire region from playing every day they do maintenance.

Imagine if the server maintenance was from 4pm to 8pm in your time zone and frequently extended to 10pm and midnight. Not only that, this happened 5 TIMES IN ONE WEEK. Wouldn't you be slightly irritated?

Edited by Arzhanin
Quoted removed content

It's 4-6 hours or more, and usually ends up coming up right when it's too late to play. They are effectively preventing an entire region from playing every day they do maintenance.

Imagine if the server maintenance was from 4pm to 8pm in your time zone and frequently extended to 10pm and midnight. Not only that, this happened 5 TIMES IN ONE WEEK. Wouldn't you be slightly irritated?

Nope not in the least bit. There's always another game to play, another hobby, another task etc... I usually play late nights and it's cutting into my game time, no biggie though. Just a couple hours out of my one month subscription.

Another 2 patch week:eek:, this makes me laugh :D!!!! Bioware fails at MMOs plain and simple.:mad:

TSW has servers up :rak_03:

TSW isnt really anything to be that excited about. It's made by Funcom...

Patches happen deal with it.

Nope not in the least bit. There's always another game to play, another hobby, another task etc... I usually play late nights and it's cutting into my game time, no biggie though. Just a couple hours out of my one month subscription.

Right because you obviously have quite a bit of free time if it's only a 'couple of hours' to you. I haven't been able to play the game I've paid for, for nearly two weeks now.

If you're complaining about the maintenance you're a hypocrite.

I know for a fact all of us here don't like bugs. So why is there maintenance? So there are no bugs. Go do other things with your life, come back, and enjoy a better game experience.

Or of course, unsubscribe, and see if that makes your game experience any better.

Right because you obviously have quite a bit of free time if it's only a 'couple of hours' to you. I haven't been able to play the game I've paid for, for nearly two weeks now.

So find a different game or deal with it? It's expected of a game only a coming months in. It's going to be like this for sometime.

So I've started a new thread proposing to make it American's problem. Go take a look if you wouldn't mind.

*sigh* All this "America this.. America that", is nonsense. There is a huge player population that plays late night because that is their prime time. So their are players in America who are affected as well. But I guess playing the victim is always easier.

Edited by Arzhanin
Quoted removed content

Everyone has complained about the server stability and now when they are trying to fix it you complain that they are working on something people complained about.

The time might not be what you like but in this circumstance it may be something they need to do since this has to do with the server stability. And this time does not only affect the Oceanic servers, it affects others as well.

No matter what way they go there is someone going to complain.

I don't understand all this complaining about fixing something everyone was complaining about. It makes no sense.

Exactly what do you want them to do? Ignore the problem or fix it?

Edited by ScarletBlaze

People please dont respond to this guy.. he's just trolling us.

People please dont respond to this guy.. he's just trolling us.

Because I don't agree with you I'm a troll? Like I said, the maintenance affects a lot of players regardless of region. However, there are a wide array of activities to kill time as the maintenance is in play.

Edited by Arzhanin
Rude comments

May I ask a stupid question.

Everyone has complained about the server stability and now when they are trying to fix it you complain that they are working on something people complained about.

If they don't fix the problem you complain and then if they do you complain.

I don't understand all this complaining about fixing something everyone was complaining about. It makes no sense.

Exactly what do you want them to do? Ignore the problem or fix it?

You play on THE EBON HAWK. This thread is not for you.

May I ask a stupid question.

If they don't fix the problem you complain and then if they do you complain.

I don't understand all this complaining about fixing something everyone was complaiing about. It makes no sense.

First off, you might want to read what we are upset about. its the TIME the servers come down and the amount of fixes over the past 8 days. First off the timing is normally 5pm - 11pm, we understand that on Tuesdays the servers come down for maintenance but in the past 8 nights the servers have come down 5 times. Thats five nights of frustration for most people.

In that time 5 - 11 our daily time resets (10pm) so there are 5 days where most people that have a 9 -5 job dont get to even do a daily and for anyone thats trying to gear up you know how frustrating this is.

Bioware is doing fine. If any of you were not aware that the game had problems, then you are either stupid or lying. Get over it. I'm personally tired of people complaining.

Things need to be fixed so the experience does not feel like a Beta Test.

Lets not reduce ourselves to such high immaturity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.