Why SWTOR PvP is good.

Uchoo

1. The People The Players themselves. Anyone who actually sticks around in 50 pvp knows that you cannot slouch or take shortcuts. They play their role and they play hard, otherwise they are brushed to the side and cost their team heavily.

2. The Combat I've played WoW, DAOC, Guild Wars and Warhammer pvp extensively. SWTOR took all the things I like, and generally made them better. Sure, I don't like every part of the system but I still agree with it in it's current state. A TEAM working together has a hard counter for everything that is thrown at them. Whether it be guard, heals, CC, abilities or just plain 'ol focused fire.

3. The Development Team Commitment Developing how a game works works is pretty simple in the macro state of mind. You paint an outline of exactly how you want things ot work, then you mix your paint and start filling in the details. This is a long and arduous process, but a work of love. This team is constantly pushing things in the direction they want it to be. Every change brings a sense of balance and I can understand why every change was made, though I don't always completely agree. It's not MY game, it's theirs and I play it according to their rules.

4. The Feel I love old school pvp games. A system of roles, therefore requiring great teamwork. Every class is resricted to what they are and what they can do, but they prosper in that they do some things much better than anyone else could hope to. This is the one rule you always live by in this type of system, it encourages structure.

5. The Trolls Okay, I didn't have a 5. Everyone hates useless people, everyone loves trolls.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR PvP is good, no question about that. Just that some trees need some attention than the other to make it useful in PvP.

Unfortunately, my friends and I decided to quit playing it simply because... well.... it just got real boring.

swtor pvp is so good that all the competitive gaming pvp websites gave it negative feedback..as well as professional gamers.

swtor pvp is so good that every gaming "pro" or "celeb" left the game...

swtor pvp is so good that it wont ever make into sponsored competitive circuits

swtor pvp is so good that people say its "has hard as a 4 button fps due to its IMMENSE depth"

swtor pvp is so good that there is still no "skill" measurement tool...( grinded team ratings are...GRINDED)

and did i mention the lack of depth?...i mean..u cant get more homogeneous then this...everyone ahs the same interrupts..stun...knockbacks..4 main damage abilities....and u barely...BARELY have to use keybinder modifiers(where in other games u cant play competitive with less then 30+ modifiers)

ohh and swtor pvp is so good that its the laughter of the mmo pvp market in every serious gaming comunity board.

swtor pvp MIGHT become "good" when the game becomes free to play...and by wtaching how fast subs are still going down..i would say that gonna happen by xmas! hurray

swtor pvp is so good that all the competitive gaming pvp websites gave it negative feedback..as well as professional gamers.

swtor pvp is so good that people say its "has hard as a 4 button fps due to its IMMENSE depth"

swtor pvp is so good that there is still no "skill" measurement tool...( grinded team ratings are...GRINDED)

and did i mention the lack of depth?...i mean..u cant get more homogeneous then this...everyone ahs the same interrupts..stun...knockbacks..4 main damage abilities....and u barely...BARELY have to use keybinder modifiers(where in other games u cant play competitive with less then 30+ modifiers)

ohh and swtor pvp is so good that its the laughter of the mmo pvp market in every serious gaming comunity board.

swtor pvp MIGHT become "good" when the game becomes free to play...and by wtaching how fast subs are still going down..i would say that gonna happen by xmas! hurray

any chance you will join the "pro celebs" and if so can you mail me your stuff?

Congrats on being a sheep, BAAHH BAH BAH BAAAAH

"Because it's not mainstream it's not good!!111"

"Other people say they don't like it so neither do I !!!"

ITT: is angry that a new MMORPG was rushed by elitists like themselves and doesnt have 8+ years of content at release, even though they would spacebar through it anyways and still cry that content, patches and XPacs are not coming fast enough, and claims to be a "true pro gamer" with a pseudo gaming resume.

ON TOPIC; in a personal opinion, yes, SWtOR PvP is good, like any and all MMOs the quality of good is different per person, the amount of enjoyment is different per person as well, having friends and family on any game who enjoy it with you will increase the quality 10fold.

Edited by RangKer

I really like the combat and I still like several of the TOR warzones, even if I played through them thousands of times.

But the problem is the simple repetitiveness: do warzone, get out of warzone, run circles on the fleet like some autistic orphan, do warzone, /repeat.

Throw in the daily quest grind and that's pretty much it.

Why are you still here? You must be a terrible player to keep playing a terrible game. Misery loves company?

PS. Please list MMOs that are currently in the MLG. I will wait.

Edited by DarkDruidSS

I like that he keeps ranting that it will never hit the pro competitive gaming scene. I wish people would stop thinking that MMO PvP will ever be "respected" in an e-sport setting.

MLG dropped WoW's failure of an Arena too, and only ran it for a few seasons because of WoW's massive popularity in a bid to garner more attention (ie: make money off of people like filip). It definitely had nothing to do w/ WoW PvP being awesome, lol.

Gear-based MMO PvP w/out rigid class balance is always going to be for recreation only.

PS) SWTOR PvP is good because once you have an understanding of the mechanics, counters, and strategies it becomes a lot of fun. Also, Snipers vs lightsabers.

Edited by Varicite

I really love how people lable themseleves or others as "Pro PvPers" or "Pro MMOers". It truely is funny. Anyone got the link to the professional TOR website? How much is the payout? How do they actually hold the tourneys without map selection or direct matching of seeded teams?

coming from someone that actually has participated in e-sports on a professional and casual level for many years. Stop trying to compare people who do good in an MMO, earn ZERO cash, have ZERO sponsers to those who are actually on professional e-sport circuits. IE: CPL/MLG ect ect.

There are no professional MMO players, so stop referencing them and saying they left when they dont exist in the first place.

ps. who are these celeb players that have left? I dont know a single one of them. Never heard of them, must not be as famous as you make them out to be.

Can ya tell me which class can get away with a 4 keybind setup and still win consistently? I want to roll one, because it's a pain in the arse playing a guardian where even a 16 button mouse has to have cntrl-, shift- or alt- binds to even be semi-useful..

I'm just wondering how one becomes a celeb gamer and if they get laid by incredibly hot chicks.

Then my dream is crushed when I let reality set in that I don't even know them so how would some hot chick know them?

Mad Gear "girls" love video gamers.

SWTOR PvP is terrible right now, are you guys serious?

mail box-->mail goods to voji---> hit send?

1. the people the players themselves. Anyone who actually sticks around in 50 pvp knows that you cannot slouch or take shortcuts. They play their role and they play hard, otherwise they are brushed to the side and cost their team heavily.

2. the combat i've played wow, daoc, guild wars and warhammer pvp extensively. Swtor took all the things i like, and generally made them better. Sure, i don't like every part of the system but i still agree with it in it's current state. A team working together has a hard counter for everything that is thrown at them. Whether it be guard, heals, cc, abilities or just plain 'ol focused fire.

3. the development team commitment developing how a game works works is pretty simple in the macro state of mind. You paint an outline of exactly how you want things ot work, then you mix your paint and start filling in the details. This is a long and arduous process, but a work of love. this team is constantly pushing things in the direction they want it to be. Every change brings a sense of balance and i can understand why every change was made, though i don't always completely agree. It's not my game, it's theirs and i play it according to their rules.

4. the feel i love old school pvp games. A system of roles, therefore requiring great teamwork. Every class is resricted to what they are and what they can do, but they prosper in that they do some things much better than anyone else could hope to. This is the one rule you always live by in this type of system, it encourages structure.

5. the trolls okay, i didn't have a 5. Everyone hates useless people, everyone loves trolls.

lol ok

It's far from fully developed. I don't have a class that requires less than 30 keybinds against a good team.

I really like the combat and I still like several of the TOR warzones, even if I played through them thousands of times.

But the problem is the simple repetitiveness: do warzone, get out of warzone, run circles on the fleet like some autistic orphan, do warzone, /repeat.

Throw in the daily quest grind and that's pretty much it.

This is the major truth of it. This game needs a world pvp system and more warzones that differ from the 8 man formula. However, I don't think the system could handle it in it's current state.

Also: The resolve system could be better, but a change can't be justified until certain balance changes are dealt with first IMO.

It's far from fully developed. I don't have a class that requires less than 30 keybinds against a good team.

Does requiring 30 keybinds really make something good?

Great FPS games have 10 so does that mean they dont take skill? why are they actually professional FPS gamers?

Does requiring 30 keybinds really make something good?

Great FPS games have 10 so does that mean they dont take skill? why are they actually professional FPS gamers?

There are professional FPS gamers because these people can't find girlfriends therefore need something to justify their existence

I didn't know that in order for a game to be fun or good, it had to be an e-sport or there had to be pros. I don't give a rat's *** about what some "pro-gamer" thinks of this game. They don't play for the same reason anyways.

Swtor is too gear based, but is still a lot of fun.

Edited by lpsmash

There are professional FPS gamers because these people can't find girlfriends therefore need something to justify their existence

actually you would be quite surprised at some of the females that roam around the pro gaming circuit, maybe even more surprised to find that some of those smoking hot females are actually participants.