Speed. Not the Keanu Reeves one

CharterMonkKent

I didn't watch these but yes people have cheated, like in most things in life.

That doesn't change the speed boosts/increases I posted

Why not? At least you would know what it looks like when people hack. The guy scores 3 times in huttball in about 10 seconds, running the ball from mid to goal each time, alone. It's not 'keeping up with your speeder' speed. It's about 10X that.

You are correct by saying many of the hack complaints are just players ignorant of in game skills, but there are legitimate complaints as well. The one line in your OP kind of makes it sound like you are sick of hearing people "still talk about speed hacks on the forums." Well, that's because they still exist.

Edited by aarka

Why not? At least you would know what it looks like when people hack. The guy scores 3 times in huttball in about 10 seconds, running the ball from mid to goal each time, alone.

You are correct by saying many of the hack complaints are just players ignorant of in game skills, but there are legitimate complaints as well. The one line in your OP kind of makes it sound like you are sick of hearing people "still talk about speed hacks on the forums." Well, that's because they still exist.

They will always exist (in any game), I would never say that they don't. My post was for the majority of people who claim hack when people use regular abilities.

I didn't watch because meh. Watching YouTube videos of a video game sounds extremely boring at 9am (maybe anytime?). That and morning edition is on.

They will always exist (in any game), I would never say that they don't. My post was for the majority of people who claim hack when people use regular abilities.

I didn't watch because meh. Watching YouTube videos of a video game sounds extremely boring at 9am (maybe anytime?). That and morning edition is on.

How do you know that the majority of people are incorrect who claim hack? You should watch these vids, they are short and educational. Regular abilities do not allow 3 Huttball scores in under 12 seconds by one player with no support. When someone experiences this, then comes on the forum to post about it, give it some consideration.

Edited by unbreak_able

How do you know that the majority of people are incorrect who claim hack? You should watch these vids, they are short and educational. Regular abilities do not allow 3 Huttball scores in under 12 seconds by one player with no support. When someone experiences this, then comes on the forum to post about it, give it some consideration.

I already admitted that it happens. What are you looking for from me? To admit that cheating is rampant? It simply is not. Perhaps 10,000 WZs played everyday. How many do you think are won or loss by cheating? If you want to talk about cheating and post videos start a new thread with videos of cheating you recorded.

People say I hack because their knockbacks or snares "don't work on me". "You ran through the fire and I used a stun then legshot and you never stopped!". This is very annoying. It's part of my rarely used advanced class.

Most people who come on the forums to claim hacks are wrong and have no proof. The majority of these types of threads on various mmos over the years that I have seen are people who are mistaken and/or looking for excuses. Not all of them are wrong, and hacks do exist, but people discredit them for a reason without any proof to back them up. Not everyone uses hacks or cheats, only a small minority. I do not condone cheating or hacks in any way, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just jump on your parade without evidence. The instances in the videos are clear and I wouldn't ever argue against those, but it certainly isn't running rampant.

Why not? At least you would know what it looks like when people hack. The guy scores 3 times in huttball in about 10 seconds, running the ball from mid to goal each time, alone. It's not 'keeping up with your speeder' speed. It's about 10X that.

The Huttball thing is almost exactly what I watched someone do twice in a row to come from behind to win a game. I tried to describe it in my post that the OP tried to refute "because I had no evidence". :c

You can also set the speed for the hack, so as not to draw so much attention to yourself. I am positive this is what I was seeing when the person on the same speeder was traveling faster than I could.

You pretty much nailed it here, and exactly why I responded to it in the first place.

We still talk about them because they are still making people not want to play, and now Rated WZs are right around the corner. Something better than lolsuspensions needs to be done.

Edited by Varicite

Most people who come on the forums to claim hacks are wrong and have no proof. The majority of these types of threads on various mmos over the years that I have seen are people who are mistaken and/or looking for excuses. Not all of them are wrong, and hacks do exist, but people discredit them for a reason without any proof to back them up. Not everyone uses hacks or cheats, only a small minority. I do not condone cheating or hacks in any way, but that doesn't mean I'm going to just jump on your parade without evidence. The instances in the videos are clear and I wouldn't ever argue against those, but it certainly isn't running rampant.

I guess as long as its not running rampant!

The Huttball thing is almost exactly what I watched someone do twice in a row to come from behind to win a game. I tried to describe it in my post that the OP tried to refute "because I had no evidence". :c

You can also set the speed for the hack, so as not to draw so much attention to yourself. I am positive this is what I was seeing when the person on the same speeder was traveling faster than I could.

You pretty much nailed it here, and exactly why I responded to it in the first place.

We still talk about them because they are still making people not want to play, and now Rated WZs are right around the corner. Something better than lolsuspensions needs to be done.

I do not know their policy for obvious abuse, but if you look in the comments in the video, that person disappeared after he was reported.

It's cool if it's ruining your matches, as long as it's not ruining his.

/nod

I'm about to unsub over this crap as I am experiencing "incidents" more and more often. After 800 wzs or so, I kind of have a clue as to what is legit and what is not.

The "anti-hack" thread folks (people who don't want anyone posting about hacking) fall into two categories IMO: First, they are hackers/cheaters themselves, establishing a hit piece and misdirecting attention from themselves and second, those that are in denial.

I guess as long as its not running rampant!

You guys are ridiculous. Do you really think that Bioware does nothing about people using cheats and hacks? I said it isn't running rampant, because it isn't. If you see someone, report them, I'm sorry it happened to you. What do you want me to say or to happen?

You guys are ridiculous. Do you really think that Bioware does nothing about people using cheats and hacks? I said it isn't running rampant, because it isn't. If you see someone, report them, I'm sorry it happened to you. What do you want me to say or to happen?

Eh, I was honestly just being sarcastic there. I already said that I'd report players I see doing this in the future, and wished I'd had the presence of mind to write their names down at the time.

No, I don't expect you personally to do anything about it. I don't think that Bioware does enough about people using cheats and hacks, though.

It shouldn't be nearly as "rampant" as it is. Look at the forums. Incidents are RISING, not falling, as we near the start of Season 1.

Edited by Varicite

Thing is most people using hacks are at least somewhat conservative so you probably won't see a guy running across at 10X speed. If I can set speed to anyone value I need, I'd leave it at 50% for most gameplay purposes. That'd basically allow me to outrun anyone easily normally and probably still outrun them while snared (because they're likely to be snared too), and 50% is low enough that it cannot be caught by any sanity check mechanism (it's below WZ speed buff powerup), and if someone accused me I can claim I have a team of stunlocking Marauders pumping Predation on me.

And yet someone with a 50% movement buff will also run circles around you and handily defeat you in anything where speed matters, so you can't overcome that kind of advantage. 50% is also enough to ensure you will always reach the enemy's closer turret on time before they can cap it, which prevents the enemy from mounting an effective defense. You don't have to go crazy like the guys who reached the enemy's natural turret before the enemy team did. Just stopping the cap alone is fine and unless you do thorough speed tests you cannot be certain if a guy absolutely has no chance to get there due to reflexes involved.

For example, on Alderaan, if the attacker goes their natural turret at fastest speed (Force Speed) and position exactly correctly, he'll finish capping somewhere around 0.5s to 1s before the enemy coming at him at maximum speed because the enemy has to clear the turret completely to hit him. Now, someone with a 50% perma speed will definitely arrive to interrupt the cap on time, but you're talking about a 0.5s to 1s lead at best before. As the guy doing the cap, you really can't be sure if this time you clicked on your speeder at the fastest time possible, or that you LoS exactly right into a blind spot, or that maybe the last guy you beat was just a little bit slower on clicking on his speeder. Therefore, you can't prove this even with a video because it'd show the attacker arriving about 1-2s before you finish capping instead of 0.5s-1s after you finish capping, and yet this 3 second difference turns around the fight completely as now you're fighting at a neutral turret instead of a capped one.

Edited by Astarica

Eh, I was honestly just being sarcastic there. I already said that I'd report players I see doing this in the future, and wished I'd had the presence of mind to write their names down at the time.

No, I don't expect you personally to do anything about it. I don't think that Bioware does enough about people using cheats and hacks, though.

It shouldn't be nearly as "rampant" as it is. Look at the forums. Incidents are RISING, not falling, as we near the start of Season 1.

How do you know Bioware isn't doing everything in their power to do so? I am trying to look at things objectively here and I've already said why I'm not inclined to believe every thread I see. I agree, if there is a rising problem, Bioware needs to be on it pronto.

How do you know Bioware isn't doing everything in their power to do so? I am trying to look at things objectively here and I've already said why I'm not inclined to believe every thread I see. I agree, if there is a rising problem, Bioware needs to be on it pronto.

That's just it, though. They aren't transparent about their practices at all, which gives the impression that not much is being done.

Any threads discussing the problem simply disappear.

And now reports of incidents are on the rise, w/ no official acknowledgment.

As a customer, that is cause for concern.

Because I had to report the same guy for speed hacking 3 times before something was done. Or at least I presume something was done, since he finally stopped popping up in Warzones, but who knows, maybe the guy just stopped playing. He was TERRIBAD, but his early-game super speed always allowed an early guaranteed cap on a turret map and usually a 1-0 lead in Huttball unless we knew he was in the game beforehand and hung back by our firetraps.

As in, my Shadow using Force Speed at the beginning of Alderaan to zip across spawn and then hop off the ledge for a long-jump wasn't even halfway to the right turret before he zipped up to it and started capping. I would barely get past the wall and the pillar of blue light would be up, which is generally how I knew he was in the game. Bijuu Dante, every time. Like I said, he was terribad, so it wasn't much of an issue beyond the beginning "Ah **** we got surprised by 2000% speed boost."