Longer Cooldowns Should Reset After Numerous Deaths

MilesTheFox

Be warned, I'm a bit frustrated, so this is a rant.

I'm at what I think is the end of Act 1 (freaking finally). I want to activate the Legacy system and make some more characters, but even though I'm properly leveled for this mission (32) the boss is still handing my *** to me.

And what is most frustrating, is having to idle for 20 minutes while I wait for that damn cooldown on Call on the Force to finish, because I can't figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong. Juggling 20 different abilities and not knowing how to correct your strategy is infuriating at the moment.

I believe all cooldowns should reset after continued deaths in the same level.

While this is not meant to enflame the situation, it probably will.

Why don't you ask for help? Are you a masochist and believe you must be able to complete it solo at that level?

I was L34 for these battles. Even then it was hard for me.

It's all about the gear. This is an MMO so you need premium gear, and with premium gear to raise your primary stat you can faceroll across the keyboard and still win.

The game isn't exactly huge on tactics - for the worst fights you might need to interrupt a killer spell, but beyond that it's just max sustained DPS and win. Max sustained DPS is a matter of choosing the correct rotation that allows you to keep firing without burning through your mana, rage, overheating, etc.

Make sure you have prototype or better armor equipped on every slot, including an earpiece at that level, and ideally you'd like to try to find some implants but if you don't have biochem or a friend with biochem that's often tough. Also be sure to buy relics and equip them - just having them equipped gives you even more ridiculous boosts to key stats like power and endurance.

Edited by jgelling

Or just summon T7.

Once you die the first time and respawn you should be able to summon T7, clever use of game mechanics even if the fight is intended to be done without a companion. That's how I beat it anyway.

Edited by SajmanPeetee

You should look at your gear. I do agree with the above poster on that score, also you companion needs to be decked out.

You can also try and work out a skill rotation for your class. There is tactics, knowing what skills to use and how long each cool down is so you can work out the rotation. What character are you playing?

What server are you on? Are you in a guild? Can you do some space missions or pvp too level up more?

I'm going off of the OPs avatar and the fact that he mentioned the end of Act 1. I'm guessing that he is a JK, and has to fight the boss with Kira? If so there are plenty of posts regarding this boss.

But about the OPs actual suggestion. It might be better to lower the cooldown on the heroic moment skills for all classes. If you die too many times anyways, doesnt the respawn timer on your body increase by a lot? unless you go to the medcenter. People will just find a way to abuse the suggested feature anyways. Oh no you died to the boss and heroic moment is on 19min CD. Guess you can take off all your clothes and die until the CD resets.

I'm going off of the OPs avatar and the fact that he mentioned the end of Act 1. I'm guessing that he is a JK, and has to fight the boss with Kira? If so there are plenty of posts regarding this boss.

But about the OPs actual suggestion. It might be better to lower the cooldown on the heroic moment skills for all classes. If you die too many times anyways, doesnt the respawn timer on your body increase by a lot? unless you go to the medcenter. People will just find a way to abuse the suggested feature anyways. Oh no you died to the boss and heroic moment is on 19min CD. Guess you can take off all your clothes and die until the CD resets.

And needlessly waste credits on repair costs to my gear.

I like the idea of longer CD things (especially solo PvE only things) resetting on death. I'd like to see CC breakers reset on death as well but I doubt it will happen.

In regards to the fight: make sure you are using your interupts and as people said make sure you have decent gear (on companion too). Otherwise if you run on Dalborra I'd be happy to help you out with the fight. Also make sure you are using stims (buying Prototype ones off the GTN will really help as they persist through death and have secondary stats like power) and med packs (again prototype off GTN is better) and don't blow our CDs like Saber Ward until you hit about 50% hp. I've seen to many people pop it before they even leap in and wonder why it didn't save them....