A Deeper look into PvP as of 1.3

BurnsTwoThree

I started playing this game back in December and had a blast. The one thing I had the most fun with was PvP. I loved being that level 20 Sorcerer in the WZs that could outheal level 50s, and I loved getting new skills one by one and figuring out the class as I went along.

I had gotten myself full BM gear in mid January and 67 Valor rank when there was hardly anybody that had gotten War Hero by that time. PvP was honestly so much fun, there definitely was kinks to it but overall me and the guild I were in had a blast. The problem was that there was NO RANKED/RATED PvP

Life as a healer was good, not great. There we're about 4-5 incredible Sorcerer/Sages on the server and we all pretty much new each other from going against one another, and Ilum PvP. We all new the in's and out's of playing our healers and we discussed it a lot on Ventrilo. It was a good time to be a PvPer and even more-so if you were a good DPS because good healers were still tasty snacks.The best DPS on the server always queued up together and new how to focus heals. It worked then, not it has just become too easy for DPS to do things to healers.

More important stuff below

Now I quit shortly after just because of the lack of rated PvP. I ended up playing a very small amount in 1.2 but not enough to get a feel for it. When I came back again about a week before 1.3 I was really excited.

I saw all of the changes for gear and how to purchase it and thought it was pretty cool that there was a new tier of PvP gear out. Then I started grinding WZs and found out how painstakingly long it takes to get just a single piece of War Hero gear. A lot of players that I know are coming back now for the Rated PvP that really do enjoy the game. The problem is that people who didn't mind no Rated PvP stayed in the game and somehow grinded the gear out over the past couple months.

We're in PRESEASON ONE gear should be easily accessible for people to catch up for the next season of Ranked PvP. I do realize at the pace Bioware likes to work at that is going to take awhile for us to see, but gear should come quick so that RWZs are monotonous re-spawning sessions for people who are not big casual PvPers.

TL;DR Version

WZ to RWZ commendation trading should be 1:1

Prices for BM gear should be slightly reduced in order for alts and new players who are interested in RWZs to have the ability to even compete.

What would the benefits be?

• More players with full War Hero = Easier to balance PvP
  • More players trying to do RWZ = more competition
  • More geared players trying to do RWZ = shouldn't see the same team over and over (would probably change in the regular season when ratings actually do something
  • And a more fluid Season 1, for when it comes around

I know I am not the only one who does not want to farm Regular WZ anymore, but there needs to be something more for people to catch up. As well as a new tier every season. Bioware, doing regular WZs and running over people in premades is not fun, nor is solo-queueing and being the only one with any idea on what is going on. So make the time in them LESS so we can do Ranked PvP MORE

Edited by BurnsTwoThree

TL;DR version

You quit after 1.2 because you were unhappy. BOO!

1.3 makes you happy so you came back. YAY!

Now realize pre 1.2 BM gear doesn't stack up to full WH gear with augments. OOPS!

Is asking BW to drasticly reduce the cost of WH gear to help make up for the time you were gone between 1.2 and 1.3. LOLWHAT?!?!?!?

To be equitable, everyone that grinded out their full warhero sets in the time you were away should get their comms refunded, in the form of tokens of 3500 ranked comms/ 2000 WZ comms each so that we don't have wasted comms by overflowing the cap..

But honestly, you left for 2 months, by your choice.. Take your LOLZFACESTOMPing like a man while you do your rateds, you already get ranked comms straight out instead of having to trade at 3:1 like the rest of us that decided to gut it out during 1.2.

Deeper look into PVP gear progression?

Bioware should just make a seperate queue for casual players where all the stats are standardized.

So bored with people complaining about gear. And no i'm not in full WH cause my server died and I didn't even get the chance to do warzones to get the freaking gear.

Deeper look into PVP gear progression?

Bioware should just make a seperate queue for casual players where all the stats are standardized.

So bored with people complaining about gear. And no i'm not in full WH cause my server died and I didn't even get the chance to do warzones to get the freaking gear.

I'm not complaining about the gear, I'm still better then most Sorcerers on my server with 1 piece of WH.

What I am saying is that they should make it easier temporarily so that players returning from quitting can get right into Ranked. Our server died out mostly because of no Rated Warzones. Now that we have it we want to come back, but who wants to grind out 20 hours+ of regulars just so we don't get beaten down by people (who aren't anything special) who were still addicted to this game (somewhow) without ranked.

I still don't get how people got Full WH, it's painful especially with how unbalanced damage is right now.

I'm not complaining about the gear, I'm still better then most Sorcerers on my server with 1 piece of WH.

What I am saying is that they should make it easier temporarily so that players returning from quitting can get right into Ranked. Our server died out mostly because of no Rated Warzones. Now that we have it we want to come back, but who wants to grind out 20 hours+ of regulars just so we don't get beaten down by people (who aren't anything special) who were still addicted to this game (somewhow) without ranked.

I still don't get how people got Full WH, it's painful especially with how unbalanced damage is right now.

Sorcerer DPS is in a bad place for rateds. The top teams dont want them because their benefit to cost ratio isn't as good as a Marauder, Powertech, Tank Assassin, or Rage juggernaught.

DPS sorcerers are merely an afterthought if none of the above are online.

We did it, and we did it while on dead/dying servers pre-transfer.. Which means it took us far longer of a time investment waiting for a queue to pop compared to now. We enjoyed playing SWTOR, with or without rateds, so why should you who decided to quit playing be rewarded for deciding to come back? You already are partly rewarded with a WZ queue that pops more than once per hour or two, therefore your time investment will be less. The fact that you want them to drop the cost WH by roughly two-thirds smacks of entitlement.. You are no better than anyone else that decided to gut it out.

BTW: Welcome back, now get out there and start grinding..

PS. They made the daily easier to complete, 3 wins OR 6 matches played, or some combination thereof. Try grinding out warzones all night long on PUG groups that constantly lose just trying to complete your daily. You got rewarded there too..

Just man up and grind those comms like everybody else. why should quitters get a handicap? Well I guess that means bw is gonna have to give me free endgame pve gear since I spent so much time getting my pvp gear instead of doing fp!

What I am saying is that they should make it easier temporarily so that players returning from quitting can get right into Ranked.

All I have to say is "Are you freaking kidding me?" Why in gods green earth should ppl that QUIT, be rewarded for quitting?? Really?? The rest of us continued to pay our $15.00 per month but YOU should be rewarded for NOT paying? Wow, the poster above was right, the feeling of entitlement here is going right off the charts. Reward me for quitting **** of here already.

A loss in rateds is pretty much equal to a win in normal wz

After comms conversion so start farming rateds everyone should be doing rateds

This is true.

A lose in rated is like a win in non-rated.

A win in rated is like whooping 4 wins in non-rated.

Sorcerer DPS is in a bad place for rateds. The top teams dont want them because their benefit to cost ratio isn't as good as a Marauder, Powertech, Tank Assassin, or Rage juggernaught.

DPS sorcerers are merely an afterthought if none of the above are online.

QFT. We DPS Sages are way too squishy and don't put out nearly enough damage to compensate for it. We're practically a free kill.