Thoroughly disappointed

zoltarDO

I have come here to vent just a little bit. I just played two wz's in a row on the Fatman and both times, when we lost a node, or something wasn't going as planned, someone in the ops group shouted something about us all being a bunch of "GD MF *******". With that I ALWAYS write back something like "that's not really nice" both times I got "****!". REALLY!!! is this how the SW community is? I can't get over the amount of disrespect in warzones and on general chat. It boggles my mind that people (most likely kids who need an outlet) can just be rude like that. I've got thick skin, but it really bothers me when people name call just for playing a game. It is JUST A GAME!!!

I have come here to vent just a little bit. I just played two wz's in a row on the Fatman and both times, when we lost a node, or something wasn't going as planned, someone in the ops group shouted something about us all being a bunch of "GD MF *******". With that I ALWAYS write back something like "that's not really nice" both times I got "****!". REALLY!!! is this how the SW community is? I can't get over the amount of disrespect in warzones and on general chat. It boggles my mind that people (most likely kids who need an outlet) can just be rude like that. I've got thick skin, but it really bothers me when people name call just for playing a game. It is JUST A GAME!!!

What else do you expect from an online game? It's easy to talk big behind a computer screen, you're going to find douchebags everywhere. No matter what franchise it is, immaturity will plague the community.

For every 1 of these idiots who thinks its cute, funny or cool to be an a-hole, there are 500 more going about their business showing respect for their fellow SWTOR players. If you can't deal with the dimwitted minority, you wont be long for the webz.

I've noticed this a lot, too.

And sometimes, when we're defending, and we lose doors to stealthers because people don't want to watch the doors....

I want to be the one yelling. But I'm an adult, and I realize that not everyone has played a lot and not everyone is good. I get over it pretty quick.

But really, there ISN'T an excuse for the behavior I've seen in warzones from some people. The worst ones I generally just /ignore and move on. The rest I just don't listen to.

In any population, there's a small percentage. But if the population is really low, even the craziest won't talk to themselves... for long. So clustering everybody together gave you a new critical mass of crazy people.

Unless you were on The Fatman, whose general chat was always a strong argument against democracy or free speech :D

Edited by jgelling

Yeah, I figured as much, but for some reason tonight it just really bothered me. This is just a game and people get so competitive and worked up over the most trivial things.

Given how worked up people here get over trivial things you shouldn't be surprised.

Correction: You THINK you have thick skin.

If you wait long enough you will see that in "most" cases, those that run thier mouths in warzones are the same ones that have the fewest kills, the least medals, and do hardly no damage or healing. Place them on ignore dude.

If you wait long enough you will see that in "most" cases, those that run thier mouths in warzones are the same ones that have the fewest kills, the least medals, and do hardly no damage or healing. Place them on ignore dude.

Its a good thing that lots of damage wins warzones huh.

part of your problem is the FATMAN. Every 12 year old and his brother are on that server now. I started a character and found the same problem. RP PVP servers seem to have a lot less of those types...

You must be one of those baddies that farms kills all game and doesn't pay attention to any of the objectives.

Kids today, no respect for anyone else but themselves.

Everyone please stand up. Now take your index finger and point it at your belly button. Now repeat after me, "This is not the center of the universe."

I hate those type of dudes who act like winning a WZ in a Video Game is like...the end of the world.

INC LEFT NOW! *** ARE U SERIOUS?!!?!? Wow!!!

WOW WOW You guys suck! Noobs! Are you kidding me Go mid! Now!

Relax dude, less typing more playing. Is this game ALL you have in life? Just play for fun, you don't get a cash prize for winning this WZ, Chill out.

Is how I reply

I hate those type of dudes who act like winning a WZ in a Video Game is like...the end of the world.

Relax dude, less typing more playing. Is this game ALL you have in life? Just play for fun, you don't get a cash prize for winning this WZ, Chill out.

Is how I reply

Screw the reply, /ignore works so much better.

Is how I reply

Lol 100% agree with this.I had some numpty the other day,he was barking out orders even tho he was sat on his lazy fat arse guarding the same node all game.I ended up telling him **** and get off his fat lazy arse and do it himself if he was so great.Needless to say we lost the wz.....

It's not the swtor community but PvP. There is no place in any MMO where there is so much swearing and name calling as in PvP.....and to be perfectly fair, I find that SWTOR has a lot less of that, than other games I've played. So if this is disappointing to you, my suggestion is to not play any other MMO.

But yeah, if you want these types of attitudes, the best place to get screamed at is a pvp server in a MMO.

True dat :csw_fett:

For every 1 of these idiots who thinks its cute, funny or cool to be an a-hole, there are 500 more going about their business showing respect for their fellow SWTOR players. If you can't deal with the dimwitted minority, you wont be long for the webz.

It's not the swtor community but PvP. There is no place in any MMO where there is so much swearing and name calling as in PvP.....and to be perfectly fair, I find that SWTOR has a lot less of that, than other games I've played. So if this is disappointing to you, my suggestion is to not play any other MMO.

But yeah, if you want these types of attitudes, the best place to get screamed at is a pvp server in a MMO.

You know I think alot of it stems from being raised in a world where everyone gets a trophy. They have never really had to loose and so have not developed the proper coping skills. They think that they should always win and if they do not, cannot understand why. The only reaction they can come up with is anger and they believe that it must have been somone elses fault.

I am usually pretty dismissive towards people that try and mess with me in game. Unsolicited guild invite > close window, duel request > close window, repeated duel requests > move duel window to corner of screen. When i'm pvping, unless i'm bored and feel like trolling people, i just read the tantrums, dismiss it, and go back to what i was doing. But too many people feel like they have to go on chat and 'make a stand' or play the role of white knight, and lecture the people throwing tantrums. The best way to deal with trolls or people throwing tantrums is silence (putting them on ignore is optional).

I've had people tell me that i'm a pretty patient person IRL, and i guess that helps me out a lot online. I'm also the kind of guy that will look at a fool IRL, give them that look that says 'yes i'm judging you', scoff at them and continue on with what i'm doing. And my IRL version of trolling dumb people when i'm bored is to give them my squinty eyes stare that says '*** are you doing'.

Sometimes the PvP community is like that. It's that way in every PvP game I've ever seen. It's not a SWTOR thing, it's a symptom of PvP from the Xbox on up.

Ignore it and move on, or go to a non-PvP server where there is a lower concentration of those people, OR turn off ops chat and general chat and everything but guild chat. Set guild invites and duel invites to auto decline.

paige