To all Carnage Marauder, does your "Execute Skill" work?

Venjirai

The skill that gives "+10% damage to your next rage spender" when it procs.

I tested it 10 minutes as a sentinel and the damage for blade storm/force scream, blade rush/massacre is the same.

Could please one of you Carnage Marauder test it on the trainings dummy?

Do 10 force screams without any procs on the dummy and look at the damage (crit and no crit, doesn't matter)

Then do massacre till you get the execute proc followed by a force scream, repeat 10 times and please tell me, if there is a damage difference.

Bump.

Do you Carnage Marauder don't care whether an important skill for your Spec does not work at all?

It DOES work dude, the issue is that it's so sporadic that there really isn't a way to set up to maximize it. Therefore, since it usually ends up buffing something else anyways, we just ignore it. It procs so randomly that it really doesn't make much difference if it does work or not though I do know that it does work.

I'll post screenshots and logs later if I can be arsed.

Yeah, the problem is, that the Sentinel Skill does not work at all.

And I was curious if Marauders have the same problem.

Huh. I know that Predation used to stack while your version never did, but they DID fix that so that it no longer stacks.

I'll look into it.

because half of carnage/combats skills are craptastic, that is why no good marauders/sentinels play anything but annhilation/watchmen.

That's not true.

I have played all three specs for a very long time and I can say, that now with the Gore buff and for rateds, combat/carnage is the way to go.

because half of carnage/combats skills are craptastic, that is why no good marauders/sentinels play anything but annhilation/watchmen.

The Opinion of someone who obviously doesn't play a Carnage Marauder. Ever since 1.2, and even more so since 1.3, Carnage marauders have been tearing **** up left and right.

As for the OP's question, I agree with a previous poster that It's so sporadic I haven't noticed whether it works or not.

I know that we can't really use this at command.

Gore consuming the proc does not help, but 10% more damage which procs quite often is still something that can decide, if the next hit is a killing blow or not.

I am not sure if this skill worked for Sentinels before 1.3 as I wasn't Combat/Carnage Spec at that point.

What's really sad, is the fact that nobody really noticed that their Blade Storm never actually hit harder with the proc.

Edited by Venjirai

I know that we can't really use this at command.

Gore consuming the proc does not help, but 10% more damage which procs quite often is still something that can decide, if the next hit is a killing blow or not.

I am not sure if this skill worked for Sentinels before 1.3 as I wasn't Combat/Carnage Spec at that point.

What's really sad, is the fact that nobody really noticed that their Blade Storm never actually hit harder with the proc.

Would be a lot easier to catch these things w/ a real combat log, which I doubt we shall ever have.

I'm seeing Combat/Carnage everywhere in Rated.

I don't play a Marauder but I'd love to hear why. My Marauder friends are all going Carnage for Rateds. It seems like the 80% speed boost and roots are the big reason why.

I don't play a Marauder but I'd love to hear why. My Marauder friends are all going Carnage for Rateds. It seems like the 80% speed boost and roots are the big reason why.

Ha, my guild leader doesn't seem to understand it either. I was one of the VERY few Carnage Maras on my server pre-1.3, but he heard about Anni being the "hot" spec so constantly asks me to switch to Anni because it gets higher scoreboard total damage numbers.

/sigh

People play carnage for the burst damage. Doing lots of dot damage per round is well and good, but the objective or damaging people is to kill them. Anni gives healers time to mitigate the damage you do to their team mates.... Carnage doesn't. There 's also the perks too... Speed and an extra ranged root. Teams with a carnage mara get the huttball first.

Healers say it themselves that anni takes a lot longer to take them down. With carnage I often take bad healers out in 4-5 seconds with most of that damage arriving within a 2 second window. As for the op, I don't bother watching for execute as I always gore before scream or ravage....gore's damage is not worth the 10% boost and sceam is not worth it without gore.

Edited by Jagil

The 80% speed boost isn't the only reason why.

I respecced to carnage because I can't actually do good damage while we focus someone down because they drop like flies when you have 3+dps on someone.

Carnage boost you offhand damage. That's why is the best skill tree for marauder, theres no point in held two sabers if you can't do good damage with offhand.

Every Marauder spec takes that talent. That's why it's so low in the Carnage tree. : )

People play carnage for the burst damage. Doing lots of dot damage per round is well and good, but the objective or damaging people is to kill them. Anni gives healers time to mitigate the damage you do to their team mates.... Carnage doesn't. There 's also the perks too... Speed and an extra ranged root. Teams with a carnage mara get the huttball first.

Healers say it themselves that anni takes a lot longer to take them down. With carnage I often take bad healers out in 4-5 seconds with most of that damage arriving within a 2 second window. As for the op, I don't bother watching for execute as I always gore before scream or ravage....gore's damage is not worth the 10% boost and sceam is not worth it without gore.

Heh, when you face better skilled opponents, you'll find that it is VERY RARE to get a gore-procced ravage run full-cycle - even if you strategically save it until you know your opponent has used ALL of his possible counters for it, if you're facing a half-way decent team, a teammate will know to save your target from it (otherwise they'll almost instantly lose a teammate).

Personally, I find that excute isn't working to be rather annoying - my most dependable damage typically comes from berserk + gore-procced massacre spam, so I get execute rather frequently - man it'd sure help if execute were working (would love to throw a gore-proc + execute-procced scream in there).

Hell, another thing that would be great is if atarue form strike and massacre's damage didn't take so long to register (I have gotten many killing blows ~2 seconds after I've died from my massacre's damage delay - slightly longer than that if it's an ataru form strike that gets the killing blow - basically, I would have survived if it registered more quickly).

Every Marauder spec takes that talent. That's why it's so low in the Carnage tree. : )

Definitely a must-have, regardless of your main spec - albeit, rage/annihilation specs don't usually put all 3 points in it since they don't use as many off-hand-hit capable abilities as carnage does (annihilation's annihilate doesn't strike with both and rage-spec's smash is a force ability).

Edited by SinnedWill

Definitely a must-have, regardless of your focused spec - albeit, rage/annihilation specs don't usually put all 3 points in it since they don't use as many off-hand-hit capable abilities as carnage does (annihilation's annihilate doesn't strike with both and rage-spec's smash is a force ability).

Y'know, I always assumed that Annihilate used both sabers, but as I've never personally played Annihilation, I never really bothered to check.

Sehr interessant.

Y'know, I always assumed that Annihilate used both sabers, but as I've never personally played Annihilation, I never really bothered to check.

Sehr interessant.

It's a single hit (i.e. only one damage value) - yes, it benefits from off-hand damage bonus, so many annihilation marauders have begun with all 3 points to get the 66% damage bonus from dual-wield mastery, but all the best annihilation marauders I've spoken with have found that 2 points in dual-wield mastery is sufficient - the change in annihilate's damage values with/without is only ~ 200 even when it's a crit on an unbubbled light armor wearer - it also only uses main-hand accuracy value to determine its hits... Massacre, on the other hand does 2 seperate damage values (3 when you count the automatic ataru form proc) and since the off-hand is less likely (than the main-hand) to land, carnys really need to maintain a good bit of accuracy. Sure, it's easy to hit for over 5k if you don't use much accuracy, but those off-hand hits will certainly miss a lot on many tank classes, sorc/sages/sins/shadows (particularly if they have defense relics and redoubt augs, grr) - and to miss those off-hands, you'll actually be missing out on a LOT of overall dps (which sucks for us).

Ha, my guild leader doesn't seem to understand it either. I was one of the VERY few Carnage Maras on my server pre-1.3, but he heard about Anni being the "hot" spec so constantly asks me to switch to Anni because it gets higher scoreboard total damage numbers.

/sigh

I must say in the smaller 4 man premades annihilation is much better but in 8 mans carnage hands down... massacre is soo good with berserk and gore popped.

Definitely a must-have, regardless of your main spec - albeit, rage/annihilation specs don't usually put all 3 points in it since they don't use as many off-hand-hit capable abilities as carnage does (annihilation's annihilate doesn't strike with both and rage-spec's smash is a force ability).

To quote the talent tree.

Annihilate.

Strikes the target with both lightsabers for 920 - 1200 weapon damage. Each use of this ability grants Annihilator for 15 seconds, lowering the cooldown of your next Annihilate by 1.5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. Requires two lightsabers.

I must say in the smaller 4 man premades annihilation is much better but in 8 mans carnage hands down... massacre is soo good with berserk and gore popped.

Heh, we've since played a few games and I've most definitely shown him the benefits of Carnage.

It was cute listening to him giggle like a schoolgirl running around w/ fast Predation, lol.