resubbed for ranked and very little has been fixed

heinywb

Issues that have persisted since launch and have been reported by users are still in the game. My point of view is from that of an infiltration shadow.

I like the idea of free transfers to consolidate servers and increase population sizes but the necessary hardware to support these large environments is lacking. The stuttering, lag and rubberbanding is at an all time high. huttball seems to be the worst offender and its to the point that the map is almost unplayable. ppl seemingly porting through floors, across the map....stunning ppl and they jump 15 feet (which was supposedly fixed but doesnt appear to be).

While the removal of all on demand burst being removed from pvp helped the survivability of my inf shadow, it murdered my dmg. While im dropping single target hits as high as 4500, my focus guardian buddy (who left the same time as me and came back this week for rateds as well) is seeing hits as high as 7100. Im still left scratching my head as to why an AE dps spec can hit a single target 63% harder than a single target dps spec. Burst was what made ppl play an inf shadow. That seems to be gone now.

Other issues that ive reported multiple times havnet been fixed yet. Resilience doesnt work 100% of the time. Its closer to just over half. With it up sometimes i still take force and/or tech dmg. Trying to play smart and catch the focus guard/sent after he gets his 4 stack of singularity and negate the incoming force sweep by popping resilience doesnt always work. Sometimes i still take dmg from the sweep even though im glowing yellow. Knocking a player down with spinning kick then immediately following with a clairvoyant strike will trigger the GCD but not the ability. Sometimes this can happen multiple times in a row after a spinning kick. Today it happened 3 times. 3 gcds, no abilities used, no dmg inflicted, just me chasing a guy around the map for exercise. Resilience also works about as often as spinning strike. Ill trigger the ability, the annimation goes off on my screen, it deducts resources but no dmg is assessed. No combat text saying miss or dodge, nothing. The ability just doesnt dp anything.

Putting in ingame tickets didnt seem to work so maybe this will. Id like to see these fixed before the preseason ends but as with most issues in this game ill hope for he best but expect the worst.

1.3 was a small feature patch - the only big change in the game was the server mergers. Unless your issue was with low server pop, why did you expect 1.3 to fix anything? I mean there are ranked warzones, and you were warned about the shadow nerf, so if the actual gameplay is the issue, how can you reasonably expect a single small patch to fix that? Edited by jgelling

1.3 was a small feature patch - the only big change in the game was the server mergers. Unless your issue was with low server pop, why did you expect 1.3 to fix anything? I mean there are ranked warzones, and you were warned about the shadow nerf, so if the actual gameplay is the issue, how can you reasonably expect a single small patch to fix that?

They have these things called hotfixes and patches between the medium (1.3, 1.4) patches. Any of these could have been used to fix issues. Or any of the ones leading up to 1.4 since these issues have existed since launch. Regardless, these issues have been around for a very long time and havent been addressed. Thats the real issue here not whether or not u think a 'small feature patch' was the appropriate time to make these corrections.

Looking for PvP in a Story based MMO Is like trying to order a big Mac at Burger King. I mean yes they have the beef for it; but they can not make you a big mac. Its just not in the cards man. PvP has gotten worse and worse while pve has gotten better and better.

If pvp is what you want wait for GW2 like I am. Then jus pvp there and pve here. GW2 Is totally catered to PvPers.

Edited by Zergnaut

QFT, unfortunately. The sad part is that it doesn't matter how much voice talent you hire - you can only polish bantha poodoo so much, y'know?

Oh I don't know, you can keep polishing bantha poodoo for a long time - it just gets really messy is all :D

Edited by jgelling

I happen to really enjoy this game, as do all my friends. Sorry your don't but I've never understood the need to hang around and complain about something you don't like. I understand the OP coming and saying something, but others. Seriously, if you don't like it, just unsub and leave. That's the joy of a free market, you get to choose.

I happen to really enjoy this game, as do all my friends. Sorry your don't but I've never understood the need to hang around and complain about something you don't like. I understand the OP coming and saying something, but others. Seriously, if you don't like it, just unsub and leave. That's the joy of a free market, you get to choose.

I fully agree with you man. People come on the site and complain over and over again. They act like Bioware is Twisting their arm to be here. I mean seriously, if you do not like the game leave. Some of us really enjoy this game by complaining the way you are. You're just ruining our experience.

Edited by Zergnaut

You have no idea what a free market is, but look it up real quick anyway.

People complain because they can and they want to , deal with it . Its part of life. Or , take your own advice and leave.

People also complain because they got RIPPED OFF by these people who misrepresented their product and LIED to the consumers about the quality of game they could expect.

I fully agree with you man. People come on the site and complain over and over again. They act like Bioware is Twisting their arm to be here. I mean seriously, if you do not like the game leave. Some of us really enjoy this game by complaining the way you are. You're just ruining our experience.

Whenever you see " I mean " being used you know its a statement that can be dismissed outright.

Whenever you see " I mean " being used you know its a statement that can be dismissed outright.

Bah, don't lose your cool man. I mean, it's not worth it - you know what I mean? If people want to be mean about people they see as being mean to a game they love(?), I mean, what can you do?

Edited by jgelling

Yeah blame the game. I haven't had any rubber banding in this game and I've played it from the start.

A guildie of mine was swearing up a storm last week because of lag and the game being impossible to play. Well he tested everything so it must be the game. I didn't have any of these problems.

Then he finds out there's a problem with his IP.

Now I am not saying there are no issues at all, but I don't know what kind of PC you have or what kind of internet connection to begin with and it's all too easy to just blame SWTOR, because I doubt it's that simple. And aside from an occasional lag spike, I haven't had any of the issues you described. Not even in the beta and I don't have a 3000 Euro PC either.

I quite enjoy this game and the people who post here simply to say this is a terrible game or something, should really move one. You know...this is not the game for you.

People also complain because they got RIPPED OFF by these people who misrepresented their product and LIED to the consumers about the quality of game they could expect.

This is my case.

A CE and a 6 month sub. Still 45 days or so to go till my time in this lemon expires. I will get every pennies worth both in game and venting on these forums. I paid for that right.

Sorry to rain on all the parade for pallyannas who think nothing but sunshine and rainbows come from anything Bioware touches. If you don't like hearing why folks are dissatisfied don't read forum threads concerning flaws, bugs, mishandlings, quitting, and the like.

This is my case.

A CE and a 6 month sub. Still 45 days or so to go till my time in this lemon expires. I will get every pennies worth both in game and venting on these forums. I paid for that right.

Sorry to rain on all the parade for pallyannas who think nothing but sunshine and rainbows come from anything Bioware touches. If you don't like hearing why folks are dissatisfied don't read forum threads concerning flaws, bugs, mishandlings, quitting, and the like.

The CE was a rip off. A lot of em are these days, but to come here and vent, even though it is your right, is a bit sad. At some point you've made clear you are unhappy but the forums are for people who play the game.

You are intentionally trying to spew your venom here to infect other people or affect their opinions. If you are upset at Bioware that's fine. They have places where you can complain and the forum is a place where you can discuss your opinions as well but there you address players more than Bioware. I don't see any value in you coming here for 6 months repeating yourself over and over, simply because you can't let go of your disappointment.

Honestly, if you find it worthwhile to come here just to same the game sucks over and over, what are you trying to achieve. Sure, forums are cess pools for the likes of you and god knows, years ago I was like you as well. I suppose I just hope that after being a 5-year old for a bit, one could learn there's better things in life.

Claiming the right to qq here, is just a front for not being able to let go and move on. It's like an ex girlfriend that you say you hate but still can't let go of, because you feel entitled. Sometimes you just need to cut your losses and move on.

I've played the GW2 beta and expected to enjoy the game. I hate it. I think it's crap. I made a few posts on a few discussions to give my view on why I don't like the game and made one thread with arguments as to why I don't like the game and it's a big disappointment to me. I pre purchased it. The money is wasted. Live and and learn...move on. I don't post there anymore and I won't. There really is no point.

I know, not everybody is the same, but I do wish that people would get a bit more constructive and get out of the temper tantrum phase. If other players enjoy this game....let them. Do you get some satisfaction out of trying to convert other people to your opinion? Is that the level we are on?

You say it happens everywhere on game forums. You are right. But as someone once said: If fifty million people do a stupid thing....it's still a stupid thing.

The CE was a rip off. A lot of em are these days, but to come here and vent, even though it is your right, is a bit sad. At some point you've made clear you are unhappy but the forums are for people who play the game.

You are intentionally trying to spew your venom here to infect other people or affect their opinions. If you are upset at Bioware that's fine. They have places where you can complain and the forum is a place where you can discuss your opinions as well but there you address players more than Bioware. I don't see any value in you coming here for 6 months repeating yourself over and over, simply because you can't let go of your disappointment.

Honestly, if you find it worthwhile to come here just to same the game sucks over and over, what are you trying to achieve. Sure, forums are cess pools for the likes of you and god knows, years ago I was like you as well. I suppose I just hope that after being a 5-year old for a bit, one could learn there's better things in life.

Claiming the right to qq here, is just a front for not being able to let go and move on. It's like an ex girlfriend that you say you hate but still can't let go of, because you feel entitled. Sometimes you just need to cut your losses and move on.

I've played the GW2 beta and expected to enjoy the game. I hate it. I think it's crap. I made a few posts on a few discussions to give my view on why I don't like the game and made one thread with arguments as to why I don't like the game and it's a big disappointment to me. I pre purchased it. The money is wasted. Live and and learn...move on. I don't post there anymore and I won't. There really is no point.

I know, not everybody is the same, but I do wish that people would get a bit more constructive and get out of the temper tantrum phase. If other players enjoy this game....let them. Do you get some satisfaction out of trying to convert other people to your opinion? Is that the level we are on?

You say it happens everywhere on game forums. You are right. But as someone once said: If fifty million people do a stupid thing....it's still a stupid thing.

Go play the game and quite trolling the forums trying to infect the complainers with your fanboism?

I think you see what I did there.

Wow!

This is my way of communicating with Bioware! I don't have a phone number for Bioware's SWTOR Devs. I don't have an e-mail address for Bioware's SWTOR Devs. I have what they have given me, the forums and in game bug reports. My messages of displeasure are for them.

I loved this game in many of its permutations through 7 months in Beta. I still enjoy moments in it. But since launch and with each new patch it seems to get worse. I wasn't displeased at launch. I didn't stop my recurring sub until a few weeks ago.

I holler and rage in these forums in hopes that my voice as well as others that are doing the same might in some small way motivate Bioware to straighten up and fly right.

My displeasure is not in where they want to take the game or features added or changes made. It is the overall lack of quality control that they exhibit with each and every update and patch.

I play a lot on the PTS. I Beta tested for them.They are not at all unaware of the flaws when they launch material. It's this aspect of their conduct that has been displeasing me the most. The only way they will know of our displeasure is if we tell them, and as it seems they are deaf sometimes one needs to speak louder to ensure that the message is heard.

Edited by Catsmeat

For someone who tells people to learn about the free market, you have a remarkably low understanding of the power of marketing therein. As a hint: because it's not everything you wanted, doesn't mean they lied.

Yeah blame the game. I haven't had any rubber banding in this game and I've played it from the start.

A guildie of mine was swearing up a storm last week because of lag and the game being impossible to play. Well he tested everything so it must be the game. I didn't have any of these problems.

Then he finds out there's a problem with his IP.

Now I am not saying there are no issues at all, but I don't know what kind of PC you have or what kind of internet connection to begin with and it's all too easy to just blame SWTOR, because I doubt it's that simple. And aside from an occasional lag spike, I haven't had any of the issues you described. Not even in the beta and I don't have a 3000 Euro PC either.

I quite enjoy this game and the people who post here simply to say this is a terrible game or something, should really move one. You know...this is not the game for you.

well we arent even on the same continent so we are def on different servers. im glad you've had such a great experience. i have not. and its not just me. the 7 other guys/girls ive been playing ranked with have had similiar issues to varying degrees. only one in our group has had little to no issues with lag/rubberbanding. and i would have considered my computer or isp to be at fault had similar issues arisen in other online games, but they havent. it only happens in swtor. and its only gotten worse now that ive transfered to a higher populated server. this tells me its the game not my machine. i dont have the best machine out there but its more than enough to handle swtor. core i7, 16gb of ram, gx580 and a ocz vertex3 ssd. i think that should suffice most if not all games.