Reasons Galen Marek is NOT a Gary Stu

If we're going to argue about what is canon or not canon, I think Lucas made a ruling about no more Wookiee Jedi, not to ret-con the ones that are already in novels, so I don't think Lowbacca got ret-conned, just we aren't going to see any more Wookiee Jedi unless Lucas changes his mind. The thing that brought this about was the crazy book that had a Hutt whom had once been a Jedi and that's what caused him to say no more. Considering the fact I think Lowbacca's force abilities became known after the book in question had come out (can't remember the book off the top of my head but I'm sure someone else knows), I think Lowbacca's force abilities were cleared. I think we can say that Lowbacca is a case that Wookiees may show up with force abilities like 1 or 2 in 5 to 10 generations (and Wookiees live a long time). Remember we haven't seen any other Wookiee Jedi in NJO.

If we're going to argue about what is canon or not canon, I think Lucas made a ruling about no more Wookiee Jedi, not to ret-con the ones that are already in novels, so I don't think Lowbacca got ret-conned, just we aren't going to see any more Wookiee Jedi unless Lucas changes his mind. The thing that brought this about was the crazy book that had a Hutt whom had once been a Jedi and that's what caused him to say no more. Considering the fact I think Lowbacca's force abilities became known after the book in question had come out (can't remember the book off the top of my head but I'm sure someone else knows), I think Lowbacca's force abilities were cleared. I think we can say that Lowbacca is a case that Wookiees may show up with force abilities like 1 or 2 in 5 to 10 generations (and Wookiees live a long time). Remember we haven't seen any other Wookiee Jedi in NJO.

Correct. Lowbacca got "grandfathered" in as the last surviving Wookiee Jedi. George doesn't like the idea, so he said "No more Wookiee Jedi" or "No new Wookiee Jedi". It was, however, a retcon of more Wookiees becoming Jedi. When George doesn't like something, it gets changed. There were also two Wookiee Jedi who served the Republic during the Rise of the Empire era, shortly before the Prequels. Both died, yet now they're in the new comic series from Dark Horse in flashback stories. They aren't "new" Wookiee Jedi, so I guess George doesn't have a problem with that.

George hasn't used his retcon ability much, as far as personally changing something, but when he does, it's a doozy. Hey, he even did it to himself a few times. From Original OT to the New OT. ugh....

What people don't see....

A) TFU I and II make Starkiller and Galen Marek OP

- the books give realistic powers and weaknesses

B) Regarding some of Starkiller's and Galen Marek's abilities; you do know that Vader trained Starkiller sinse he was a youngling who already had a promising future. Vader tortured Starkiller with the Darkside and used that power to corrupt him completely.

-Galen Marek had excellerated cloning memories and severe survival training

C) The Star Destroyer incident that people ALWAYS confuse on

- The Star Destroyer was falling towards his location already! After the destruction of the shipyard, the shockwave pushed that Star Destroyer in Starkiller's direction; he own changed its course towards the ground.

- On Clone Wars the mini series you see Yoda slamming CIS Droid Transports together above Coruscant as the sacking occured...then there was EU Luke and Leia...I mean c'mon read the book and pay attention to what's happenign outside of the game.

*The most important thing to remember: The GAME and BOOK are completely different! The BOOK IS CANON, while the game is a summary of what happened mixed with OP abilities so that the player can have FUN. Pay attention*

Edited by Eillack

I wish a lot more EU was retconned, its a mess.

Also, I wish Bobba Fett was eaten by that sarlacc and that was it.

Also could someone tell me if it is canon that the gamorrean guard that jabba's rancor ate survived or not. I hope he didn't.

I wish a lot more EU was retconned, its a mess.

Also, I wish Bobba Fett was eaten by that sarlacc and that was it.

Also could someone tell me if it is canon that the gamorrean guard that jabba's rancor ate survived or not. I hope he didn't.

Pretty sure the guard died, I mean he was eaten....

Nope. Boba Fett came out a week later thanks to his Mandalorean armor and constant resistance. He's been in there like, 3 times already, always surviving.

Which in all honesty he shouldn't have survived anyway, he only survived due to goading someone who was telepathically linked to the sarlacc....which seems like a long shot to find someone that particular. But anyway, the gammoran guard died, he wasn't swallowed whole he was biten and crunched and swallowed so safe to say that the guard died from the rancor.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi