The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best Relics for a PvP Pyro

AnAcuteAngle

with the buff to matrix cubes, unless your aim stat is over 2000 (which is where DR hits for crit bonuses, making power more desireable) you'll be better served with a matrix cube + boundless ages relic than a proc relic.

Alright.

Matrix and Boundless Ages it is, thanks :)

No its 2x boundless ages. You dont need the crit and the less dmg and a little more crit you get from the matrix cube does NOT makeup for the 100+ power and expertise. the guys who say matrix/boundless are best are idiots.

lets make this clear, the only expertise cap is the hardcap, and by hardcap i mean the cap where there are no more expertise upgrades available.

double boundless ages is by far the best choice bceause of this, however if you dont have atleast 28% crit and 75% crit multiplier you should consider using forbidden secrets until you hit those numbers without

also proc relics are absolutely garbage and no1 should ever use them. expect MAYBE the healing one for operatives

Edited by Atomyc
typo

No its 2x boundless ages. You dont need the crit and the less dmg and a little more crit you get from the matrix cube does NOT makeup for the 100+ power and expertise. the guys who say matrix/boundless are best are idiots.

DR on expertise is in the 1100-1200 range, auged matrix cube gives ~ 90 aim 20 some crit rating, as supposed to 100 some power + 18 aim auged. higher endurance by about 20 points is also on the matrix cube. if you aren't at 2k mainstat (something which I have yet to see on a pvp gear set) the crit bonus from matrix cubes is still significant. simply stacking your bonus damage isn't going to help much and once you're in full battlemaster/part war hero you start having a few slots to play around with.

oh, and nice comment on the end there genius.

DR on expertise is in the 1100-1200 range, auged matrix cube gives ~ 90 aim 20 some crit rating, as supposed to 100 some power + 18 aim auged. higher endurance by about 20 points is also on the matrix cube. if you aren't at 2k mainstat (something which I have yet to see on a pvp gear set) the crit bonus from matrix cubes is still significant. simply stacking your bonus damage isn't going to help much and once you're in full battlemaster/part war hero you start having a few slots to play around with.

oh, and nice comment on the end there genius.

The crit from mainstat DRs before 2k probably somewhere around 1800. Matrix cube is **** for pvp since then new relics came out in 1.3. He's right if you think the matrix cube is better then you don't understand simple math and you're an idiot lol. 113 power + expertise + 18 aim is so much better then 60 something aim + aug. You lose out on almost 40 power by using the matrix cube and you can never have enough expertise.

Edited by lolcthulhu

Uhh stacking Exp past 1200 is kind of pointless...

Don't agree with this. It's still close to linear past 1.2k and provides dam reduction and damage gain. I think the only pieces I wear without expertise is 2 Advanced Reflex Armorings 25 (haven't found the 26 yet) in my belt/bracer. I used to use the Champion Level Devisive Armoring that hd 48 expertise, but the loose in armor/aim/endurance makes up for that. If i had WH level non slot specific armoring I would use it over the PVE armoring in belt/bracer.

For pve, it is wise to use the matrix cube and either a WH relic or campaign relic. It turns out, the WH power relic and the boundless ages relic put out virtually the same dps. I'd prefer the campaign relic of boundless ages because it gives more burst but keeps the same overall dps which makes it useful in several boss encounters. Most importantly, HM Kephess. Edited by bbare