Back with 45 Days remaining. Making the most of it.

WutsInAName

So Back in February I intentionally locked my account in order to keep the time I had paid for since I was unable to use it due to 1) poor population balance 2) Lack of Target of target and 3) Lack of a half decent LFG option.

I also literally encouraged hundreds of others to do the same, as well as communicated with both BW and EA business units the flawed reasoning of not having all of the above prepared and ready at launch. You can be sure, this will never be over looked again.

As these have now all been addressed (it only took 4 months) I have re-activated my account to give it another go, as well as letting others know to do the same.

I do hope this process was an eye opener at BW, and that leaning on the whole 'its new' excuse just does not cut the mustard.

TL;DR Beware Galaxy, I AM (Strikes) BACK!

Edited by WutsInAName

Good to see someone letting the fanboys know that their 15 bucks per month really isn't the significant catalyst that has been leading to this game's improvement! :p

Sadly in many businesses they do not make changes until they see it effecting the bottom line.

If you like these new features, you should be grateful to those of us who stood fast in our beliefs of what was lacking and spoke with our wallets.

or in other words...

Arn't you thankful?

Sadly in many businesses they do not make changes until they see it effecting the bottom line.

If you like these new features, you should be grateful to those of us who stood fast in our beliefs of what was lacking and spoke with our wallets.

or in other words...

Arn't you thankful?

I'm pissed. With your vast powers why didn't you get us open transfers, better space combat and free ponies?

I'm pissed. With your vast powers why didn't you get us open transfers, better space combat and free ponies?

3d space combat is actually the next 'movement' as I see it, was soo much lost potential there.

and is there not a new speeder included? it has 'ponies' does that count?

What? How?

You ask nicely and state your case.

Dear XXXX,

Many thanks for your email concerning your account.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this matter may have caused. I will do my very best to explain the actions that will have to be taken in order to "freeze" your active game time.

Unfortunately we will be unable to "freeze" your game time, this time will continue to run out until it reaches zero. We will be able however to add game time to your account when you decide to return to the game.

I have noted that 45 days are to be credited to your account when you decide to play once more.

This action unfortunately does have a down side, I have had to lock your account reducing your access to SWTOR. In order to open your account once more, please call the phone number below and an agent will be happy to assist.

Please call our Customer Service team toll-free on:

1855 GO SWTOR (1855 467 9867) from the USA

or 008000 BIOWARE (00800 0246 9273) from the United Kingdom, France or Germany.

If you’re calling from a country other than the USA, UK, France or Germany, you may call us on 0044 203 564 2555, but please be advised that international call rates may apply.

This phone call will allow you to open your account and also enable you to request your game time days to be returned.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

George,

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service.

Oh REALLY? So you mean the countless requests that were made by ummm...all of us who still play the game, had nothing to do with the changes that were brought about? You mean without you rage quitting we would have never seen these changes take place? I am just so sure that you are the guy we should all be thanking.

I have a better idea...

Thank you SOOOOOO much for rage quitting and sparing us your constant complaining on the forums, whilst the rest of us continued to come up with ideas and continued to ask for support from the Devs. It made constructive feedback sooooo much easier without your constant nagging. :rak_03:

Oh REALLY? So you mean the countless requests that were made by ummm...all of us who still play the game, had nothing to do with the changes that were brought about? You mean without you rage quitting we would have never seen these changes take place? I am just so sure that you are the guy we should all be thanking.

I have a better idea...

Thank you SOOOOOO much for rage quitting and sparing us your constant complaining on the forums, whilst the rest of us continued to come up with ideas and continued to ask for support from the Devs. It made constructive feedback sooooo much easier without your constant nagging. :rak_03:

It always amazes me when I see people saying and thinking this way. Do you honestly think you made a difference staying ingame? You don't think it had anything to do with the MILLIONS that signed in and then signed out? You may not like how he is making his point, but there is a lot of validity in people talking to a game designer about the options and then going elsewhere if they aren't resolved. And there are lots of elsewheres.

I am watching the roll out of the new augment system and wondering where the economy designer and lead designer were when the details were hammered out.

If designers can't forsee the reprocussions of their choices and solutions, it is the players who are the final testers that suffer the consequences and stand up to point them out. And ultimately, the end result of all discussions shows up in the value of the stockholders' shares....a measurement of player retention.

Flaming because you don't like the way a player discusses what he does it isn't anymore useful than the empty design seats at finalization of an alteration plan.

You didn't :(

It was those of us who were willing to play hard ball that got these things added. Without us you would still be sitting on the fleet going '*** do I do @ 50'?

yeah but you dont make a whole thread telling us you unlocked your account and bioware doesnt know exactly who you are and what you want, and when you lock your account, they dont think "Oh snap we need him back! Get what he wants for he is a special snowflake!" Edited by Receo

i have been playing since early release and i have 6 50s, ive never sat around goin *** do I do at 50...

Nice to see the FDF (Fanboi Defence Force) still has a presence. Also you obviously did stand around going 'what do I do now, or you would not have those 6, 50's, simple. 2 maybe 3.

You might just be surprised how much those of us that did stand up and say 'heck no' made a difference, every specific thing/reason that drove most of us away was in fact what they made priority (except the legacy stuff, that was all Ohlen's doing I believe).

And yes we did spare you the flame posts at that time and instead sat down and started writing letters and kept sending and sending them straight to the business units them selves, for the explicit reason that we had numbers and received no community involvement or support at the time from within the SWTOR team. (Was there not also a recent change in community management as well, coincidence. I think not).

I would say my passion for SW & SWTOR far exceeds your own sir, we simply followed the only path we could see that would lead to improvement and here we are 4 months later.

Did we succeed? Maybe

Will SWTOR be better off? Heck yea, just look around.

I am not a special snowflake, but it turns out enough snowflakes can make an avalanche.

Edited by WutsInAName

Nice to see the FDF (Fanboi Defence Force) still has a presence. Also you obviously did stand around going 'what do I do now, or you would not have those 6, 50's, simple. 2 maybe 3.

You might just be surprised how much those of us that did stand up and say 'heck no' made a difference, every specific thing/reason that drove most of us away was in fact what they made priority (except the legacy stuff, that was all Ohlen's doing I believe).

And yes we did spare you the flame posts at that time and instead sat down and started writing letters and kept sending and sending them straight to the business units them selves, for the explicit reason that we had numbers and received no community involvement or support at the time from within the SWTOR team. (Was there not also a recent change in community management as well, coincidence. I think not).

I would say my passion for SW & SWTOR far exceeds your own sir, we simply followed the only path we could see that would lead to improvement and here we are 4 months later.

Did we succeed? Maybe

Will SWTOR be better off? Heck yea, just look around.

I am not a special snowflake, but it turns out enough snowflakes can make an avalanche.

Touche!