Arsenal Heat Nerf

Varral

Not sure if there are any posts about this already but i just wanted to share my thoughts on the new set up of the skill "Terminal Velocity". To my eye its nothing but a nerf when you consider end game PVE. We're operating on a couple of assumptions here, but they all fit for me. 1) You have at least 30% crit rate. 2) you have the +15% crit bonus to tracer missile from pve set bonus. 3) not as big of a deal but you would likely have the agent buff if you're raiding, or if like me you have it automatically through legacy buffs. Put all of this together and what do you get? 50% crit chance with every tracer missile, more if your base crit is higher than 30%.

Now the old Terminal Velocity was, in case anyone needs a reminder, 100% chance to vent 8 heat whenever you crit with tracer missile or unload cannot happen more than every 3 seconds. Well with a 50% crit chance and a 1.5 second cast rate statistically you should be critting every 3 seconds, maybe 4.5. Not to mention with a base crit of 30% (35 with buff) unload should crit at least once as well when you fire it off.

Conclusion: We've gone from a statistical venting 8 heat every 3 seconds to venting 8 heat every 6 seconds. I call that a nerf. Your thoughts?

P.S. I can see it helping if you've filled your heat gauge up and are waiting for the cool down, but a good raider should know how to manage heat consumption.

I do not see any sort of nerf. I suppose you can go the route and say that it is a nerf because the heat return is a 'little' less, however, we are now venting heat when we AREN'T casting. Most fights in this game require you to move. When you're moving, you are now venting heat without actually having to crit.

Ontop of that, with this change, we can now drop our Crit for more Power- which gives us a significant damage boost.

I typically do not find myself moving for anymore than maybe 2 seconds at a time, and usually not that terribly often.

Toth and Zorn : rocks phase, repositioning for tank swaps.

Firebrand and Stormcaller : getting into the shields, getting back on the tanks.

Colonel Vorgath : running into the squares, moving into position for Colonel phase.

Kephess : moving out of the fire, moving into position for battlewalker burns, moving between the pulse robots, moving out of breath, keeping behind kephess during final phase.

Every fight has movement intensive phases, to say otherwise is just silly.

I dont beleive, or i never noticed that i was venting heat on unload crits. I know i was suppose to, but never noticed it. I find myself in a situation now where i cant overheat if i even try to, where before i could do it very easily if i wasnt paying attention.

I do not see any sort of nerf. I suppose you can go the route and say that it is a nerf because the heat return is a 'little' less, however, we are now venting heat when we AREN'T casting. Most fights in this game require you to move. When you're moving, you are now venting heat without actually having to crit.

Ontop of that, with this change, we can now drop our Crit for more Power- which gives us a significant damage boost.

agreed completely.

agreed completely.

Agreed as well.

Ran EC HM on Tuesday and wasn't completely augmented. I didn't have to use vent heat once during T&Z or Tanks.

One time on mines.

I did however use the heat ignoring ability(forget the name right now) every time I could.

Also prioritizing rotation so rail shot was before heatseeking missile (4 pc set bonus = ~8 heat return).

If anything it's a buff. Even with a potential heat vent every 3 seconds it was anything but guaranteed.

In addition to that if you need to burst targets (eg. bombers on Kephess) you can recuperate from 40+ heat very quickly now while it was almost imposible before.

Also all current tier encounters (EC & NMP, excluding Toth & Zorn) have movement or damage stop phases that are forseeable ... which means if you play right you can overheat a bit by purpose and will still be at 0-10 once you have to fight again. It really adds more depth to the gameplay and DPS once you factor this in.