The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

wow the jedi knight really holds the saber like this the entire time?

Tierdal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two handed??? what do they look like when they sprint?

sith warriors hold them in one hand and the saber trails behind them cool when they sprint

whats with jedi knights holidng sabers 2handed?

can't compare a tangerine to an orange just because both have an orange color.

The Sith are trained differently in how to use a Lightsaber than a Jedi. That's why there's a difference in how they hold it.

Only the Guardian/Juggernaut have a different walking animation with their sword out as far as I can remember though.

can't compare a tangerine to an orange just because both have an orange color.

The Sith are trained differently in how to use a Lightsaber than a Jedi. That's why there's a difference in how they hold it.

Only the Guardian/Juggernaut have a different walking animation with their sword out as far as I can remember though.

whats the guardian look like while sprinting?

and does the guardian really walk around like that? it looks so lame

I cant believe jedis have to stand around looking like this...like have you SEEN sith warriors?

I stand around with 1 hand hodling my saber...one hand ready to force push and force choke

and i spin my saber around...

i look amazing...

jedis look like a fresh padawan who just picked up a lightsaber a week ago

whatever it is the walking animation with your wep out as a jedi looks AWFUL

I agree with this. It's not such a bad stance when standing still (though you do still look like you're holding it like a baseball bat), but it looks very awkward running with the lightsaber held with both hands. Just put your own hands in this position for a minute to see what i mean, running like that would be ridiculous; unbalanced and uncomfortable.

It's somewhat of a minor issue but it does bug me constantly. Being able to choose your preferred 'stance' would be the ideal option for me (even though I know it is unlikely) but if not that just dropping the lightsaber hand to the side when running (while still keeping it at the ready) would be better.

Edited by Prav

I'm going to implement Skyrim philosophy here.

The gods granted us two hands. Using them both to wield a weapon is a mark of strength and should be respected.

Using one hand to wield a weapon just looks girly.

i dunno..my sith warrior looked pretty cool disemboweling 2 hutts , a jedi knight, and 2 bodyguards in one single serie of attacks.

ya, sith warrior story is that cool.

I think they should animate it so when moving, you draw your lightsaber to the side similar to the guardian picture on the website with his saber to the side, but then could return it to the upright position once he has stopped moving. Would make much more sense.

BioWare developed this game based on the lore stances of lightsaber combat within the canon. The way the Jedi Guardian holds his lightsaber is the proper stance; while it may not 'look' as cool as the Sith Juggernaut's to some people is a matter of opinion.

Personally, I like the way my Guardian holds his saber. And in the end, I still wreck the cesspool of facerollers on Empire's side.

In my opinion the way that Jedi Knight holds his lightsaber is much, much more elegant and skillful than Sith Warrior.

Jedi Knights holds his ls just like samurai holds his katana

Sith Warrior fights like bravado barbarian without a proper stance

also you can see it in their moves, Jedi Knights cut wind and make almost high level artistic performence and Sith Warrior shows how to chop some lumber with his brutal strikes.

but yes, I would like to see Jedi running with ls similar to Sith Warrior as it is similar to samurai way which Jedi Knight is for sure

The original sword fights in Star Wars were inspired by kendo, and katanas are usually wielded with two hands. When did katanas stop being cool? I don't remember the bride in kill bill holding her sword in one hand, flailing on her enemies like a housewife with a hand bag.

I cant believe jedis have to stand around looking like this...like have you SEEN sith warriors?

I stand around with 1 hand hodling my saber...one hand ready to force push and force choke

and i spin my saber around...

i look amazing...

jedis look like a fresh padawan who just picked up a lightsaber a week ago

Actually its the Sith who looks like a sluggish brute and the Jedi who looks like the experienced swordsman.

Actually its the Sith who looks like a sluggish brute and the Jedi who looks like the experienced swordsman.

Agreed, the Guardian animations are much more elegant. However running with two hands on the saber could be done better with just having it in one hand, would be more comfortable too I imagine. :)

I prefer to run without my saber drawn if possible personally but that's because I subscribe to the philosophy that weapons should only be drawn when you intend to use them.

Also the draw animation, the snap-hiss, and force leap look and feel really cool when they happen together.

however im rolling a Dark Jedi and would be nice to have a choice how my stance looks

Granted, and that would be pretty cool. Especially if your stance could change gradually as you succumb to the power of the Dark Side in the same way as the corruption currently works.