1.3 is out and cybertech gets the shaft again

Lostpharoah

Seriously why have I not dropped this good for nothing crew skill yet, I guess its because ive foolishly invested so much into it.

Other then the investment ive put into it is there really any reason for me to keep this crew skill, im looking for a hint of light at the end of the tunnel to make it all worth while .

Here's a hint: ever since 1.3 dropped, I've been finding schematics for 24-rank mods (e.g. Advanced Deft Mod 24) on the GTN for ~100k (one as low as 15k!), which I then buy, craft, and sell for 250k each.

Alternately, farm scavenging mats, craft junky lv49 earpieces, RE them for augment kit parts, sell the parts.

Since 1.3 dropped yesterday morning, I've made around three million in sales, and I wasn't even trying (heck, I was at work all day). It's going pretty good for me, you just have to keep an eye out for opportunities.

Seriously why have I not dropped this good for nothing crew skill yet, I guess its because ive foolishly invested so much into it.

Other then the investment ive put into it is there really any reason for me to keep this crew skill, im looking for a hint of light at the end of the tunnel to make it all worth while .

Completely agree that is is currently the most useless profession. I don't care about making money because all professions can make money and it comes easily enough in the game. I want something that is useful to me end game. Reusable grenades don't cut it. We don't have max level mods, maybe if you're lucky enough to get a schematic for one but I haven't found one yet, where everyone else can learn their max level items. My profession is collecting dust. Cybertech should have been the one given the ability to either craft the augments or augment slots, isn't that what cybertech is supposed to be about? The mods? However, they gave both to the armor crafting classes, which is extremely disappointing.

Anyone else notice since 1.3 came live that when crafting mod or armoring pieces that sometimes you'll just get a two for one deal? I'll have that crappy ship droid craft 5 things in a queue and when he's done i end up with 7 of them, just twice i randomly get 2 pieces for each one craft "mission". Only started recently, think this extras will disapear? Doesn't really matter, they are just low to mid level pieces i send to my alts, but it happens a lot, didn't know if this is a common bug right now.

ok, apparently i don't craft enough to not know about crit crafting, i thought that just involved randomly getting a better stated item, not double items. Please excuse my ignorance. Edited by LordBater
double post

Anyone else notice since 1.3 came live that when crafting mod or armoring pieces that sometimes you'll just get a two for one deal? I'll have that crappy ship droid craft 5 things in a queue and when he's done i end up with 7 of them, just twice i randomly get 2 pieces for each one craft "mission". Only started recently, think this extras will disapear? Doesn't really matter, they are just low to mid level pieces i send to my alts, but it happens a lot, didn't know if this is a common bug right now.

LOL. That's not a bug, that's the result of critting when you craft and that's been around since 1.2, maybe longer.

Here's a hint: ever since 1.3 dropped, I've been finding schematics for 24-rank mods (e.g. Advanced Deft Mod 24) on the GTN for ~100k (one as low as 15k!), which I then buy, craft, and sell for 250k each.

Alternately, farm scavenging mats, craft junky lv49 earpieces, RE them for augment kit parts, sell the parts.

Since 1.3 dropped yesterday morning, I've made around three million in sales, and I wasn't even trying (heck, I was at work all day). It's going pretty good for me, you just have to keep an eye out for opportunities.

I agree with this. There are opportunities, you just need to meet the demand rather than only making whatever you feel like.

the schematics drop from trash in hm ops and have for some time, they are now likely being sold as they are not worth it for a guild to craft internally.

I only keep cybertech so i can give newer players in the guild a set of free grade 2 ship gear to get them off to a decent start in space. If i didnt do this, i would drop it in an instance.

Other than that, only thing that sells is droid items but given how many i need to sell to afford 1 simple 500k legacy item makes it abit of a long grind. Every few weeks i get enough grade 5 Promethium to make Purple space stuff also but since the GTN's were merged prices have dropped on these so its more worthwile to just sell the resources but not got to that stage yet.

Give me back star wars galaxies crafting anyday

You know these black hole items, they have these 26 mods, you can reverse, craft and sell them, just on example how you could have made millions upon millions (a bit harder now, since everyone is doing it, but still viable for a decent'ish profit). Cybertech is quite fine. It's been sustaining my 4x 50 characters for all their gear, mod extractions, legacy stuff etc, were talking about tens of millions of credits of profit.

Give me back star wars galaxies crafting anyday

For real..

Comparing this crafting to SWG crafting wouldn't even be fair tho.. SWG was real crafting.. this game is just finding items and putting them together.. that isn't crafting at all to me..

And yea Cybertech feels useless for everything except leveling toons and having around for space parts..