Please make the legacy system less cash based...

Jeffa

I'm getting quite frustrated over how everything worth having in the legacy system you need to pay credits for! Especially the new character perks... not only do you have to pay for each level, you have to pay for each level per character, it's getting ridiculous.

Earning legacy levels just unlocks more stuff to pay for, it doesn't actually unlock much of anything itself >.<

Here is the problem. The character xp perks require credits to buy, and over and over again for each new character. The purpose of these perks is to make leveling faster. Faster leveling is most important for those players who love the class stories and want to play through all of them, but have a limited amount of time to play swtor. Yet, such players, as they have a limited amount of time to play, won't actually have the credits to afford the abilities! So the players that need faster leveling the most, are the least likely to be able to afford it.

Please change legacy unlocks to a legacy point system, or something other than credits. Give legacy unlock points each month one is subbed or something, so that loyal players, with limited time to play, can avoid the grind of playing through side quests over and over again.

agreed because its not like we dont spend enough cash on the hundreds of other things in the game as is with the incredibly inflated prices, im 45 legacy level and i would actually like to be rewarded properly for working so hard and not having to blow all my hard earned money to obtain nicer perks, so yea some kind of legacy points or something should replace credit purchases on legacy perks

there is nothing wrong with the "Cash", credits way of advancing as well, it like the real world if you want it so bad , save the money and buy it. or go do your dailys and get credits. the other thing is to manage you money better...

I get my character to a new level and I can now pay in-game-credits for new skills. It doesn't seem wrong that when I gain a new legacy level then I get to pay credits for new skills.

What seems wrong to me is that legacy perks are per-character. All my characters are earning the legacy XP so the stuff it lets me purchase should affect all characters in the legacy.

All mmos have this economic problem, they need to create things to get the money out of the system, if money only keep changin hand to hand, player to player, in the end everybody will have billions creds. This make to make you spent and so the money's out from the system. The same case of repairs, its to take the money out of system it's the same thing blizzard do when put those mounts for 17k of gold.

All mmos have this economic problem, they need to create things to get the money out of the system, if money only keep changin hand to hand, player to player, in the end everybody will have billions creds. This make to make you spent and so the money's out from the system. The same case of repairs, its to take the money out of system it's the same thing blizzard do when put those mounts for 17k of gold.

Put a cap on dailies like WoW did very early on. What will they do when they add the next daily hub? Why are we still behind what WoW was 5 years ago? I don't expect it's features in WoW's current state. But can they at least think things through?

Blizzard had those cool mounts. What does this game have? Same mount + different color? From launch it had things you go farm for novelty reasons. Again. Why are we still behind what WoW was 5 years ago?

I'm horrible about leveling alts. I just can't get myself to do it. It takes me forever to get one to cap. Problem right now is i can't even get on to do dailies for my main. I keep enough for Ops repairs. Do they really expect me to go and grind credits to make my alt level easier? Spend time to save time. Would of been better off just leveling the alt.

They should just allow us to spend Legacy XP for legacy unlocks. So our legacy level my drop at times but this would be a better way to work your Legacy back up. Oh, and please refund all the Legacy Cash I have spent when you do so.

Personally I think they should have both options, 1 cash price for a lower legacy level and another priced tiered for every so many legacy levels above it.

Example:

An unlock requires Legacy Level 15 and 1,000,000 to unlock, at legacy 30 it should cut in half to 500,000 and legacy 45 down to 250,000, at Legacy level 60+ 125,000

Basically double the required legacy for the next pricing tier and cut the credit cost in half. you dont even need.

Now some may say this would make the info on the item long and confusing, but you just program it to show what your cost is at your current Legacy Level and if everyone knows at double the Legacy Level the price cuts in half they can decide to wait or not.

In the above example lets say I have somehow saved 1,000,000 credits for this purpose and I am Legacy 29, I see it requires 15, meaning the next price break comes at 30, I may decide to wait until I hit Legacy 30 and save the credits.

This still allows players who stick with one character to still unlock most things in a timely fashion but rewards those of use who cant help but play alts to keep the game fresh for us.

Now as for those people saying, earning 1,000,000 is easy, go do dailies for days etc.

I am paying a monthly fee for this game, i should be able to play it how I wish without being penalized, if you want to grind out dailies and can do it without wanting to quit the game after a week or two then thats how you make your money. If I would rather play an alt and want to keep playing because doing dailies make me want to hurl, then thats my choice, I still paid the same monthly fee as you and I am probably more likely to be playing long after you have moved on to the next grind game your willing to put up with.

I'm going to keep throwing out the idea I've posted in other threads on this matter.

Legacy should be like a skill tree,

Legacy Level = 1 "Point"

Each Legacy Ability / Perk, etc = X amount of Points

Social Abilities are "Free" and are unlocked upon reaching said level with the ability to also pay for those abilities to unlock.

Agreed, all this system appears to be for these guys at Bioware is a money sink. It's lazy.

Look at the new ports, instead of actually being worth a damn by helping the players get around quicker without being hampered by loading screen upon endless loading screen, they all share a cd? Brilliant Bioware..

When i hit lvl 40 Legacy and theres absolutely nothing to look forward to, accept spend more credits of course, then something is wrong here.

These guys are still living in 1997 and playing catch up with WoW, and frankly they are substandard at it.

Hey guys! We have In the field respecs for 200k? Who even asked for this crap? Where's Duel Spec?

Hell, i'd pay 10 mil credits and legacy lvl 100 if i could purchase a bloody proper combat log in the game, or a /readycheck for raids, or a summons of some kind to help raids regroup faster after wipes, or a speeder to get the raid back to the actual boss instead of putting you outside a cave to then force you to run back another mile. Who design's this stuff? It's like they've never played an mmo in their lives..

Either way, the legacy system is just another excuse to waste credits and it's not exciting at all.

To me Legacy = time/money sink, which basically negates the whole point of leaving a Legacy. A legacy is supposed to be a lasting contribution that helps or speeds up the next generations successes. The current system seems to add a tax for doing so (Inheritance tax maybe). I like the idea of the Legacy system, but I don't like the execution per say. I have a hard enough time keeping credits for repairs, crafting, mod switch outs, augment slots (new cost, yeah!), TRAINING, etc. Everything in the game seems to have an arbitrary non-story based cost associated with it. I feel like the Republic and Empire are running totalitarian states with high taxes on all the serfs.

I think it would be just as effective for the system to provide the perks/rewards of legacy through gaining of legacy levels or through credit cost.

Legacy level [X] = Legacy Perk or Credits [X] = Legacy Perk