So has anyone else noticed how we have no real economy and crafting is worthless?

Oddzball

Honestly, I give up on this game ever having a viable economy.

Other than augments, I cant think of a single thing that is crafted that I would buy or need.

How did crafting turn out to be so useless in this game?

I see how they tried to make the economy a little more viable by allowing cross faction GTN, but even that is worthless because for some stupid reason when I buy a republic piece of armor on my IMP, it turns into the damn IMP version!

Meidcal or stimpacks? Oh maybe if you are a min-maxer that has to have the best and be buffed all the time, but frankly i run PvP, HM FPs, and never once have I used a stim unless I happen to get one for free out of loot, and I have beat every single FP in the game.

And I'm not even hard core.

But to make things worse, there are so many damn gold sinks in this game its ridiculous.

If I remember correctly, it takes around 4 hours to do all the dailies, for a total of ~300k.

Well lets figure out operating costs, repair bills, swapping mods, those f-ing expensive legacy perks, augment costs, oh great, all that money I spent the whole day making? Gone.

Seriously, some of us only play ~5 hours a week, I dont want to spend my whole damn time grinding dailies.

IT IS NOT FUN TO GRIND DAILIES.

I play this game to have fun.

The irony, is for example, by the time I grind all the credits and Legacy experience to get my "XP bonus stuff" unlocked for an alt to "Customize my playstyle" I could have just leveled the damn alt up.

All that time you "save" not having to grind boring planet missions you have done 10 times already is spent grinding credits to get the stuff that is suppose to save you time.

SO the economy is completely dead. Huge gold sinks, to "keep inflation down" on the items nobody is buying anyway.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes a day in the Black Hole...what exactly do people want?

They want everything given to them so they can logout and complain about the opposite. Then they'll want everything given to them again...

Edited by AFKGCWBOT

They want everything given to them so they can logout and complain about the opposite. Then they'll want everything given to them again...

...or the option to get paid for playing the game in a manner that suits their playstyle.

For the love of the Force, BW even gave all of our 50's a free 320k in this patch if you go to the PvP daily terminal. You don't do anything but pick up the quest, immediatley turn it in an take the token for 320k.

But its all just so much to have to deal with! Why can't we have a game where the 5 companions I'm not using can go out on gathering missions and get me stuff I can put on the GTN. That would be easier than 20 minutes in the Black Hole. Oh? Resources do sell on the GTN? Ridicoulous assumption!

...or the option to get paid for playing the game in a manner that suits their playstyle.

"My playstyle on playing Street Fighter is holding the back button until the time runs out, but WHY AM I NOT WINNING?!? I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY IN A MANNER THAT SUITS MY PLAYSTYLE!!!111!!!!one1!!"

Edited by Denki_

20 minutes a day in the Black Hole...what exactly do people want?

BS it takes 20 minutes. That's complete and utter bull.

And second, WHY would you want to repeat the same quests OVER AND OVER 100s of times? How is that fun?

You act like ALL MMOs have to have grind. Planetside didn't have grind. SWG didnt feel like a grind because there were so many different things you could do. Fallen Earth never felt like a grind, there was always something new to do. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have grind. TSW doesn't have grind.

Keep your opinions to yourself, OP.

Why are you playing an MMORPG then?

This is what I can never seem to understand with these posts like the OP's.

While I also don't like grinding dailies as much as other things, it should be easy to understand that some people do. Just like others don't like leveling characters as much as I do. I can't even imagine why I would want to take advantage of one of the options to make leveling faster because that time spent leveling is what I enjoy doing in MMO's. It seems obvious to me that the options exist for those who prefer end game content like raiding and/or PvP and just want to level alts as fast as possible so those alts can be used to do raiding or PvP.

The point is the game options for players who prefer doing different things. If something doesn't appeal to you, just assume that specific element wasn't put in the game for you.

As far as crafting, it works great for me as a source of items and gear for my current character being leveled, and with each addition crafting specialy added with each new alt there's just that many more sources available. So, I don't know, but maybe it wasn't designed for the OP.

I agree that dailies are the worst and I detest them, but I do them because otherwise I'd be a beggar.

I still think the main problem with dailies is their repetitive nature. Why not have a set of dailies on each planet? Then limit the number we can do. This way, players could do all sorts of different daily areas without having to repeat Belsavis every single day. You could even have a rotating schedule. This week, the dailies are Hoth, Ilum, and Quesh! This would also boost population to many of the lesser travelled planets. Maybe you get a small bonus for doing the dailies on a specific planet. For a pvp server, that could push world pvpers to a specific place as well.

Just a thought though.

For the love of the Force, BW even gave all of our 50's a free 320k in this patch if you go to the PvP daily terminal. You don't do anything but pick up the quest, immediatley turn it in an take the token for 320k.

But its all just so much to have to deal with! Why can't we have a game where the 5 companions I'm not using can go out on gathering missions and get me stuff I can put on the GTN. That would be easier than 20 minutes in the Black Hole. Oh? Resources do sell on the GTN? Ridicoulous assumption!

ROFL, the GTN is the biggest joke in this game. The whole economy in this game is crap, and nobody can deny it.

What the hell is the point in buying resources? What could you possibly build that I would want to buy? Why would I even bother leveling up crafting in this game, its completely worthless.

BS it takes 20 minutes. That's complete and utter bull.

And second, WHY would you want to repeat the same quests OVER AND OVER 100s of times? How is that fun?

You act like ALL MMOs have to have grind. Planetside didn't have grind. SWG didnt feel like a grind because there were so many different things you could do. Fallen Earth never felt like a grind, there was always something new to do. Guild Wars 2 doesn't have grind. TSW doesn't have grind.

I am ignoring Torvix in the Black Hole. It takes 20 minutes or less to do the 5 easily soloable quests (depending on the stupid box respawns, I will give you that.) And this game has a way for you to send your companions out on gathering missions, the 5 you aren't using (including your droid) which you can then sell on the GTN for serious profits. Because people are crafting with their alts and don't want to be bothered to send their single or double companions out to gather, so they will pay ridiculous prices for level 1 or 2 mats. That takes NO time out of your day.

There are SO many ways to make credits in this game that they are essentially handed to you. Hell, do enough dailies and you can use the tokens to buy the BOE items and sell them on the GTN to the players that don't want to bother getting 120 daily comms to get them.

I agree that crafting itself is worthless, in many ways. But that's a level 50 problem. The market is geared toward alts, take advantage of that.

A few days ago I used the GTN for the first time and bought a pet and...that's it..there's absolutely zero incentive for me to actually need to use it, unlike in WoW where pretty much everything I want to buy or sell is right there.

I'm an Armstech and have found out that even the epic recipes of weapons are completely useless once the player has spent more than an hour at max level as such, I have a massive quantity of resources that I have no flippin' clue what to do with because there's little point in crafting a weapon I don't need if somebody doesn't buy it.

Edited by MalakDawnfire

ROFL, the GTN is the biggest joke in this game. The whole economy in this game is crap, and nobody can deny it.

What the hell is the point in buying resources? What could you possibly build that I would want to buy? Why would I even bother leveling up crafting in this game, its completely worthless.

I'm sorry the game sucks so much for you. But just yesterday I sold 100 Rubat crystals for 1000 apiece. People are crafting with their alts and don't want to bother sending their own limited companions out for them. So while I am playing the game I send the companions I'm not using out to get those for incredibly low costs and then putting them on the GTN for high profits.

Now, if you're on a wasteland server...you just don't have anyone to sell to. Your experience is completely different from mine, and I'm sorry, but you can't convince me you're doing it right because the game apparently sucks so much for you in every aspect.

I am ignoring Torvix in the Black Hole. It takes 20 minutes or less to do the 5 easily soloable quests (depending on the stupid box respawns, I will give you that.) And this game has a way for you to send your companions out on gathering missions, the 5 you aren't using (including your droid) which you can then sell on the GTN for serious profits. Because people are crafting with their alts and don't want to be bothered to send their single or double companions out to gather, so they will pay ridiculous prices for level 1 or 2 mats. That takes NO time out of your day.

There are SO many ways to make credits in this game that they are essentially handed to you. Hell, do enough dailies and you can use the tokens to buy the BOE items and sell them on the GTN to the players that don't want to bother getting 120 daily comms to get them.

I agree that crafting itself is worthless, in many ways. But that's a level 50 problem. The market is geared toward alts, take advantage of that.

Well I was including Tovix, but anway, without him you cant complete that "List" quest.

I tell you what, I will put my mats that are worthless up on the GTN, and see if they even sell, I doubt it, but you never know.

Really? I did not know this. Thanks. :)

I take it is a one time thing but, does it have a duration? Will it be for every 50 when the eventually hit 50? Was it only for 50's at the time of the patch? Was it only on the first day of the patch? Anyone? Beuler? Anyone?

Edited by Urael

First off, most people are way too lazy to grind up crafters and harvest and make stuff. i.e., just give it to me after killing a mob.

Second, those same peopel cry like babies until the Devs cave and marginalize crafting. i.e., BIOCHEM.

Third, BW / EA lack the skill, knowledge, and experiece to effectively implement a MMORPG, let alone the crafting there in.

IMHO.

IT IS NOT FUN TO GRIND DAILIES.

No games company will ever grasp this concept. It's WAY too easy for them to shoehorn dailies into the game to keep the gear nerds happy with their "Groundhog Day" playstyle. They LOVE doing the same thing day after day.

I'm sorry the game sucks so much for you. But just yesterday I sold 100 Rubat crystals for 1000 apiece. People are crafting with their alts and don't want to bother sending their own limited companions out for them. So while I am playing the game I send the companions I'm not using out to get those for incredibly low costs and then putting them on the GTN for high profits.

Now, if you're on a wasteland server...you just don't have anyone to sell to. Your experience is completely different from mine, and I'm sorry, but you can't convince me you're doing it right because the game apparently sucks so much for you in every aspect.

No I said the economy and crafting sucks. The whole FP, storyline quest stuff is awesome.

If the game was a complete failure why would I bother staying subscribed.

What it fails at is that questing is literally the only thing you can do in the game.

No minigames besides Space Combat, which is boring as hell once you've done the same 4 missions 50+ times.

You have regular quests, FPs, OPs, and HM FM, all just "questing" really.

No minigames, worthless economy, worthless crafting, no player housing, complete crap/non-existant tools for RPing(We cant even get goddamned chat bubbles, which is ridiculous)

I'm suppose to feel like the Hero? Then why the hell am I grinding missions like someones little ****** on Black Hole or the prison planet???

YEAH REAL HEROIC, go pick up those ammo crates for me! That's the most heroic mission EVER!

Some of the problems i found with gathering/crafting/economy are:

1. Its passive. The material nodes around the world are just too few, this prevent them spawn on random enough locations (you learn where they are pretty fast = boring). Gathering in its big part as i said is passively done by companions. This prevent gathering being different mini-game like venue that you do when you bored of fighting. Remove aspects of the MMO game = bad.

2. PVE gear progression is one big mess. Obtaining gear different ways sounds good in theory, in themepark reality - bad. Why? Ppl don't follow and skip progression parts.

How to make crafting worthwhile? Make crafted gear to be an unavoidable step in very well structured gear progression. New patch ->crafted gear is the best(actually fastest/easiest to get, not strongest from the new tier; and still better than previous Op) ->later in the patch boss loot takes place ->new patch -> rinse and repeat. In the end you have happy raiders and happy crafters. But for this to work new patches must define very strict tier progression - something that did not exist here. And make every profession give unique item upgrades for unique item slots - unremovable ofc so ppl buy them over and over again for every new item they have.

You say "We don't need another gear treadmill" - you sure you want to play themepark?

Edited by SnkByte