Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior Story?

Twinsin

JK story is actually KOTOR 3. It's even written by the same guy that wrote KOTOR. So...

The SW story for me was unbelievably predictable. Of course, I played it DS, so maybe I'd have a different view of it had I played it LS. But I could see what the story was from a mile away: I was going to have to deal with Darth Baras. That to me is what all the Sith stories come down to. Kill your former master who wants you dead. It was the exact same thing in the Inquisitor story with minor differences.

Would have like to have seen more originality for the SW.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have played the JK and LS SW and DS SW. Let me tell you, the DS SW is by far the worst! you just feel like a tool being told what to do! the Jedi Knight story is a fun story in a campy cliche sort of way. its just traditional star wars with predictable twists. but that doesn't really take away from the enjoyment! but my favorite story would have to be the LS Sith Warrior. it is completely different then going dark! you try to reform the empire to being honorable and to follow the light. the interesting thing in it is that you have to hide this from most of the characters, even some of your companions! i live the fact that that for the sith warrior, the companions try to betray you, trick you, try to leave your command, and some try to help you and even love you! id say play a light side Sith Warrior!

Nobody makes you to do everything Baras tells you to do. Help yourself when you do his bidding (not that would affect anything). Although, it's a pity that you can't pick Vengean's side and kill this Sion wannabe.

There's your problem. That entire sentence.
Does playing the class LS offer any kind of different paths? I was hoping the SW would be sent after Satele Shan or something the same way the JK is sent after the emperor.

Dealing with your former master is so cliché. That's the problem with the Sith stories in my opinion.

By contrast, the JK story felt exactly like a Star Wars movie to me.

Does playing the class LS offer any kind of different paths? I was hoping the SW would be sent after Satele Shan or something the same way the JK is sent after the emperor.

Dealing with your former master is so cliché. That's the problem with the Sith stories in my opinion.

By contrast, the JK story felt exactly like a Star Wars movie to me.

Well, some comments Vette makes in the companion missions doesn't seem to make much sense but only a couple, if you play LS.

You also start to wonder why Broonmark and Pierce are on your ship, if you're LS.

Quinn can go either way after the betrayal, but you would think before the betrayal, he'd have narced you out to Baras quicker.

SW plays better imo. I love my Vengeance moves more than my Vigilance animations.

Knight gets the better companion list.

My only problem with Warrior, was being shoe horned into becoming the Emperor's Wrath.

For Knight, a DS Knight just comes off as stupid and not making much sense (this isn't to say a few DS moments here and there come off as bad, but a full on DSer does so).

Also, the while revisited on Rishi, they should have given more detail on the time between Chapter 2 and 3. Sounds like it was quite a few months of doing some really bad things. Should have automatically moved you into some DS territory on the alignment :p

Sith Warrior.

No matter what story you choose to play, you need to be able to use your imagination a little while playing. I feel that the Sith Warrior's story allows the most freedom for role-playing when it comes between the two stories. The Jedi Knight feels like there is no roleplaying. The Jedi Knight is written to be a certain kind of person, and deviating at all from that creates problems in the writing.. The Sith Warrior on the other hand, allows you as the player, to role-play any kind of Sith you want, and however you choose to play, it is supported by the writing.

Edited by cool-dude

I prefer and love Sith warrior Story . I can't stand Jedi Knight story for many reasons .

It's way overrated . peoples hyped it too much , so when finally I got around to do it....pfff was massive let down .

I also LOVE SIth warrior female Voice :D while JK female voice make me flinch everytime she open her mouth . I feel like her voice would fit better in a DS Playtrough , cose a LS she just Meow Meow Meow lol

I also only played Sith warrior LS and I never will play it as DS (saw it on YT not my cup of tea) .

Jedi Knigh story make me feel like it should be played as a LS that gradually go DS or something . I can't shake the feeling that is how it should be . I played mine LS and I was bored to tears . I have to make another playtrough and see if I can get her to DS without going total psycho .

Knight gets the better companion list.

That's a matter of opinion . There is NONE in the JK entourage I would want . The droid is mostly Beep Beep and a pale imitation of T7 from old Kotor . So not original there . Doc....Sexual Harassement much ? . Kira , I always felt she should be a smuggler companion cose she is so bratty lol . Scourge , Mister Tomatoe who killed the Exile will get killed hopefully when he come back . Humm....who else they have ?

My only problem with Warrior, was being shoe horned into becoming the Emperor's Wrath.

Lol I know right ? Nobody ask us if we want to . I played mine someone who kept refering to herself by her name and not as the wrath . Although you don't get the chance to do so often .

Where the sith warrior shine more then JK , is How much you can Troll Baras . It just so goddamn hilarious everytime and like the Sorc ability to throw peoples off in the void..it never get old lol :p

That's a matter of opinion . There is NONE in the JK entourage I would want . The droid is mostly Beep Beep and a pale imitation of T7 from old Kotor . So not original there . Doc....Sexual Harassement much ? . Kira , I always felt she should be a smuggler companion cose she is so bratty lol . Scourge , Mister Tomatoe who killed the Exile will get killed hopefully when he come back . Humm....who else they have ?

Well of course it is. That's the point of the topic :) I didn't however say I liked all the companions on either side, just that I thought, in the end, the Knight had the better ones.

T7's beep beep is annoying, but I do like the idea have having the astromech droid :)

Doc, I didn't see him as sexual harassment. More badly written TOR version of Han Solo. I don't think you really did the romance with him though, but much like Andy, get him into a relationship and it's like a total reversal of what the seem/act like. Also, if I recall correctly Doc's was protection from getting hurt.

Kira is just one of my personal favorite companions. If I could only keep one of the original companions for all my characters, it would likely be here. I thought she had the best personality and she really does feel like she could fit in with most, if not all, the classes, as long as they're not played total DS.

Rusk is a waste of space. I get the feeling he only has fans from those who wish females got more alien LIs. He's not interesting at all and he doesn't fit in with the JK.

Scourge, he at least has a better reason to be with you than Rusk. Even if it seems to be more of a temporary arrangement (and one could then argue that's what leads it into being permanent). With a bit more background/history for him.

Versus the SW crew. Quinn, the betrayer. Vette is awesome BFF, love her personality. Broonmark is just terrible, but maybe okay for the total DSer kill everyone mentality of playing a Warrior. Jaesa LS isn't that remarkable, having none of the Vette or Kira personality, while DS is just remembered for the crazy. Pierce is just a *****. :p Not to bad for a more DS leaning Sith, but terrible for LS.

Truthfully, if playing LS Warrior, I wouldn't understand why any but Vette and LS Jaesa would be with you. Especially Pierce, DS Jaesa and Broonmark.

Lol I know right ? Nobody ask us if we want to . I played mine someone who kept refering to herself by her name and not as the wrath . Although you don't get the chance to do so often .

Where the sith warrior shine more then JK , is How much you can Troll Baras . It just so gosh darn hilarious everytime and like the Sorc ability to throw peoples off in the void..it never get old lol :p

I do agree the Warrior story line feels a little better, but only a little. The female voice of course is WAY better! Infact, female Warrior and Inquisitor are my top two favorite voices in the game. I wish I could use those voices for all my characters :)

Not a big fan of droids in general lol I mean Hk-47 was interesting because of his personality and sarcasm . But the T7 serie...don't have any of that panache.....and the old T7 in Kotor 2 was interesting because it has a history of a droid that never got a memory wipe .

Doc, I didn't see him as sexual harassment. More badly written TOR version of Han Solo. I don't think you really did the romance with him though, but much like Andy, get him into a relationship and it's like a total reversal of what the seem/act like. Also, if I recall correctly Doc's was protection from getting hurt.

I though he was supposed to be like..hum..that guy from Xena ! You know..what was his name , Autolycus I think Cose his look is very similar .

Check the face : http://hercules-xena.wikia.com/wiki/Autolycus

Pfff...god forbide ! what are you saying! The guy hit on you the second he lay his eye on you! LOL Although he isn't awful . I'm sure they tried to make him that guy you laugh at his antic and all . But I find it irritating at best . he is still better then Corso..Oh god...Corso..how I hate Thee.....

Yeah he was useufl cose he was your main healer .

Rusk is a waste of space. I get the feeling he only has fans from those who wish females got more alien LIs. He's not interesting at all and he doesn't fit in with the JK.

*facepalm* I barely remember this guy....gotta play JK again lol

Scourge, he at least has a better reason to be with you than Rusk. Even if it seems to be more of a temporary arrangement (and one could then argue that's what leads it into being permanent). With a bit more background/history for him.

Scourge make me bipolére . One sentance make me almost start to warm up to him and the next thing he say make me wanna strangle him so badly . Then I remember he killed the exile..and I'm like..You are so dead .

Versus the SW crew. Quinn, the betrayer. Vette is awesome BFF, love her personality. Broonmark is just terrible, but maybe okay for the total DSer kill everyone mentality of playing a Warrior. Jaesa LS isn't that remarkable, having none of the Vette or Kira personality, while DS is just remembered for the crazy. Pierce is just a *****. :p Not to bad for a more DS leaning Sith, but terrible for LS.

lol from the Sith warrior crew , I only like Vette and Jaessa . And Jaessa is really boring as LS . So vette is the winner here . Broonmark..Urgh..even my DS Sorc wouldn't tolerate him . Pierce winning point is seeing him butt head with Quinn and that's about it . Military guy utterly boring unless you are into him . Which I'm not .

As for Quinn himself...well..let's see...he is at the top of my list of ''MUST KILL'' .

haha as a LS I don't need companions to fit my alignement . Every class has that 'Omg I love this companion!' and others ''Urgh why is this idiot in my ship again ?'' .

I do agree the Warrior story line feels a little better, but only a little. The female voice of course is WAY better! Infact, female Warrior and Inquisitor are my top two favorite voices in the game. I wish I could use those voices for all my characters :)

Stop stealing mah line ! Those are my favorite Toooo! *High five* ...

Sith Sorc voice purr of awesomness ! and Sith warrior voice is ****** too! well truth be told , save for JK voice..I like all the others too just as well . Agent is femHawk and I loved DA2 . Trooper is Femshep..and omg....I do FP just to hear that voice :p and I also love Consular voice and BH and Smuggler (She come off so bratty ) .

Not a big fan of droids in general lol I mean Hk-47 was interesting because of his personality and sarcasm . But the T7 serie...don't have any of that panache.....and the old T7 in Kotor 2 was interesting because it has a history of a droid that never got a memory wipe .

T7 for me is just about having my own little version of R2D2/BB8. He lacks their personality (which is saying something, since I get T7 subtitles :p) but he's still my only version of an astromech.

I though he was supposed to be like..hum..that guy from Xena ! You know..what was his name , Autolycus I think Cose his look is very similar .

Check the face : http://hercules-xena.wikia.com/wiki/Autolycus

Pfff...god forbide ! what are you saying! The guy hit on you the second he lay his eye on you! LOL Although he isn't awful . I'm sure they tried to make him that guy you laugh at his antic and all . But I find it irritating at best . he is still better then Corso..Oh god...Corso..how I hate Thee.....

Not a fan of Corso either. He was the one LI I couldn't bring myself to romance the first time through and I hated the idea of romancing a cathar :p

When it was admitted by the writer of the smuggler storyline, he was only ever meant to be the male smuggler's wing man, and an after thought for female romance, only because they realized that the female smuggler needs their LI, you know it just wasn't meant to be :p

Scourge make me bipolére . One sentance make me almost start to warm up to him and the next thing he say make me wanna strangle him so badly . Then I remember he killed the exile..and I'm like..You are so dead .

Never played KOTOR but I would think our characters wouldn't really have a big feeling on it :p His ability to make you bipolar is part of what makes him interesting :) "Oh hey, you're actually pretty cool...*facepalm*...now you're a ****."

haha as a LS I don't need companions to fit my alignement . Every class has that 'Omg I love this companion!' and others ''Urgh why is this idiot in my ship again ?'' .

This is true. Yet, I still can never find myself saying the "I'd replace some of them if I could." line in KotFE, because it just seems out of character for my characters to say. :p

Stop stealing mah line ! Those are my favorite Toooo! *High five* ...

Sith Sorc voice purr of awesomness ! and Sith warrior voice is ****** too! well truth be told , save for JK voice..I like all the others too just as well . Agent is femHawk and I loved DA2 . Trooper is Femshep..and omg....I do FP just to hear that voice :p and I also love Consular voice and BH and Smuggler (She come off so bratty ) .

I'm not a fan of Trooper and BH voices. I don't hate them with the power of a thousand suns, but they're my two least favorite female voices, but both way ahead of what I've heard of male consular and male hunter.

I love my smuggler and consulars and their personalities. When a female consular gets sassy it's well done imo. I only wish they allowed her more sassy lines :)

I too preferred the SW story. The Jedi Knight is just the golden boy, but doesn't get treated like it at times. I mean good god JC is a Jedi Master going into chapter 2, while the Jedi Knight who saved TYTHON, is just "best of his generation, but not master worthy".

Though JK, was just too predictable and boring. Though after chapter 3 the JK fits better into SoR and beyond. But I liked the JK story above the trooper story. I mean if you want a bland, boring to tears story that could of been so much greater? Trooper.

Ranked from best to worst IMHO:

1. Agent. This was just way better than most.

2. Bounty Hunter. Definitely got that from bottom to top feeling.

3. Sith Inquisitor. Good rags to power story.

4. Jedi Consular. A great story for how jedi are diplomats

5. Sith Warrior. Well because warrior

6. Smuggler. Best first chapter, but 2 and 3 were just bad.

7. Jedi Knight. BW I am disappoint.

8. Trooper. YOU FRAKKERS! Read Ghost Recon! Or Rainbow 6!

One other reason I much preferred JK to SW was because everything from SOR to KOTET is basically the Jedi Knight Chapters 4, 5, and 6. This might be more a case of bad writing than anything else, but if you want the full narrative of what KOTFE, KOTET and essentially what SWTOR is really all about, you have to play a Jedi Knight. That's clearly meant to be the main character and hero of the story.

Hell, go check out the Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorin entry on Wookiepedia and you'll see. Large chunks of it are about the JK. So, the Jedi is the main character of the era. And I personally enjoy that.

The SW story, again, was just kill your master. It had no bearing on the Republic or even the larger war whatsoever. And that was very disappointing and predictable to me. I also played it DS though but as I understand it, even playing it LS doesn't change anything. Would like to have inflicted some damage on the Republic leadership.

One other reason I much preferred JK to SW was because everything from SOR to KOTET is basically the Jedi Knight Chapters 4, 5, and 6. This might be more a case of bad writing than anything else, but if you want the full narrative of what KOTFE, KOTET and essentially what SWTOR is really all about, you have to play a Jedi Knight. That's clearly meant to be the main character and hero of the story.

Hell, go check out the Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorin entry on Wookiepedia and you'll see. Large chunks of it are about the JK. So, the Jedi is the main character of the era. And I personally enjoy that.

The SW story, again, was just kill your master. It had no bearing on the Republic or even the larger war whatsoever. And that was very disappointing and predictable to me. I also played it DS though but as I understand it, even playing it LS doesn't change anything. Would like to have inflicted some damage on the Republic leadership.

While I agree and I'm sure many others agree that JK feels like the main character of the story, I don't feel that means it makes for the better story.

Personalities make a lot of the stories though and the Warrior is a little better in that department.

While I agree and I'm sure many others agree that JK feels like the main character of the story, I don't feel that means it makes for the better story.

Personalities make a lot of the stories though and the Warrior is a little better in that department.

Again, I'm down on the SW because I played it DS. So my jugg was basically just a psychopathic killer who wanted power and threw a bunch of tantrums.

Again, I'm down on the SW because I played it DS. So my jugg was basically just a psychopathic killer who wanted power and threw a bunch of tantrums.

That could do it. Play it light side. While it comes off better, it also has moments of "What are you talking about?! I've been totally nice the whole time." as NPCs will treat you as if you're a psycho killing machine :p

That could do it. Play it light side. While it comes off better, it also has moments of "What are you talking about?! I've been totally nice the whole time." as NPCs will treat you as if you're a psycho killing machine :p

But the look...the look you get ! It is so worth it! All the Jedi come off as total idiots ! LOL

LS Sith warrior forever lol

There is also one thing I always wondered , but to me it felt like sith warrior story HAD WAY TOO many fighting . And when you jump on Jedi Knight , you barely get the same amount .

They are supposed to be mirror class , it is underwhelming actually .

But the look...the look you get ! It is so worth it! All the Jedi come off as total idiots ! LOL

LS Sith warrior forever lol

I was thinking from your own side and companions.

I did was act nice give people chances to get away or not even kill them after defeat and then let them walk away. Vette's approving the whole time, and then when she asks something, give her a nice answer and she's all "That's odd, what happened to you." (oddly approving of what you say at the same time).

I was like, "What?! What are you talking about?!" :p

I was thinking from your own side and companions.

I did was act nice give people chances to get away or not even kill them after defeat and then let them walk away. Vette's approving the whole time, and then when she asks something, give her a nice answer and she's all "That's odd, what happened to you." (oddly approving of what you say at the same time).

I was like, "What?! What are you talking about?!" :p

Played mine the same...she was so zen..sheesh lol all those you meet were glaring at her ''Stop acting like a Jedi!!! This is wrong!!' . Almost made them go DS trying to convince her she is a sith hahaha

See vette is smart....she know underneath all of it..you are really bad ! :D

• 2 months later...
I have finished the Kinght's story and currently working on the Sith Warrior. I loved the Knights story for the fact that you got to fight the emperor and the interaction between you and your companions. With my sith warrior I'm currently neutral for the fact that my policy with him is "kill if necessary" and it allows me to make light and dark side decisions without feeling like he is totally evil. The goal is to be like Darth Marr with a better moral compass.

I'll echo what many have said about the JK story: it is a giant piece of ****. Literally the ONLY class story I hated in this game.

The REAL KotOR 3 is the Sith Warrior story. It honestly has that KotOR 2 tone, so it's not as bright and goody as 1, but it's way more realistic and interesting than its predecessor 100%. And I say it's KotOR 3 because people act like it's all about killing the Emperor, but no, KotOR's always been about finding yourself and your place in the galaxy and growing. The Sith Warrior grows in every chapter, but more importantly it gives you the choice to remain where you are in your ideals, grow in a certain direction, or grow in the opposite direction to that.

There is nothing like the KotOR legacy unless it is the Sith Warrior story. Not one other story matches that KotOR 1 and 2 feeling of change as well as the Sith Warrior and the Imperial Agent do.

Like, the SW slaps his dick all over the JK story fifty times before the JK story even notices. Even LOREWISE the Sith Warrior story reveals more about the Emperor- and the hierarchy that makes him- more than the Jedi Knight's. And, might I add, that the story isn't even entirely about the Emperor like the JK's was. The SW story felt much more personal, intimate, and intricate.

SW has the same abbreviation as Star Wars because it is awesome, the JK has the abbreviation of 'just kidding' because it is a joke. Don't pick Jar Jar Binks- oh sorry, don't pick a joke- over what real Star Wars looks like.

I mean, do play all of the classes, but when you do notice that between the SW and JK, the SW pulls off more crazy **** than the JK (because the SW does kill, not only an empowered Voice, but Sel-Makor controlling it). Also, Satele Shan would be a pushover if she ever went against -any- of the Forceful classes, especially both of the Sith... But now I'm going into huge tangents, so I'll shut up.

Sith Warrior best story.

Edited by Joluka

I'll echo what many have said about the JK story: it is a giant piece of ****. Literally the ONLY class story I hated in this game.

The REAL KotOR 3 is the Sith Warrior story. It honestly has that KotOR 2 tone, so it's not as bright and goody as 1, but it's way more realistic and interesting than its predecessor 100%. And I say it's KotOR 3 because people act like it's all about killing the Emperor, but no, KotOR's always been about finding yourself and your place in the galaxy and growing. The Sith Warrior grows in every chapter, but more importantly it gives you the choice to remain where you are in your ideals, grow in a certain direction, or grow in the opposite direction to that.

There is nothing like the KotOR legacy unless it is the Sith Warrior story. Not one other story matches that KotOR 1 and 2 feeling of change as well as the Sith Warrior and the Imperial Agent do.

Like, the SW slaps his dick all over the JK story fifty times before the JK story even notices. Even LOREWISE the Sith Warrior story reveals more about the Emperor- and the hierarchy that makes him- more than the Jedi Knight's. And, might I add, that the story isn't even entirely about the Emperor like the JK's was. The SW story felt much more personal, intimate, and intricate.

SW has the same abbreviation as Star Wars because it is awesome, the JK has the abbreviation of 'just kidding' because it is a joke. Don't pick Jar Jar Binks- oh sorry, don't pick a joke- over what real Star Wars looks like.

I mean, do play all of the classes, but when you do notice that between the SW and JK, the SW pulls off more crazy **** than the JK (because the SW does kill, not only an empowered Voice, but Sel-Makor controlling it). Also, Satele Shan would be a pushover if she ever went against -any- of the Forceful classes, especially both of the Sith... But now I'm going into huge tangents, so I'll shut up.

Sith Warrior best story.

I never felt the SW story let you stay true or grow to ideals, as no matter how it goes, you're the Wrath. :p What makes anyone think my LS Warrior would want to be his Wrath or that the Emperor would even want a LSed Warrior?

What makes the SW more exciting is, the Knight story is the heroes journey. Which in the grand scheme of things, all the stories really are, except the Knight is THE BIG HERO, but not really that much bigger.

Warrior story is a revenge story, while also being it's own hero story.

Knight would have been much better off, giving us a chapter of being enthralled to the Emperor.