The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sorc/Sage heals need to be returned to pre 1.2, other heals need buffs

BurnsTwoThree

I am a career healer in every game - but no longer in SWTOR. Apparently I have to level a Sawbones to be a viable healer here.

I notice a distinct lack of healing in Pub PUG WZs now. I know I am just adding to the problem...I just don't have a solution.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a career healer in every game - but no longer in SWTOR. Apparently I have to level a Sawbones to be a viable healer here.

I notice a distinct lack of healing in Pub PUG WZs now. I know I am just adding to the problem...I just don't have a solution.

Hey, it's a sign that something is wrong when there is 8 possible advanced classes and only about 3-4 of them are really being played in high frequency.

RWZ is not different in the way that you only see certain things in group comps with no variation in composition.

Already half way to 50 on my new sawbones smuggler!

rip sage D:

in GOOD ranked wz matches, the other team knows what classes pose a threat.. even because we're not the best, we can still put out decent numbers.... but die easier..... therefore, make us the #1 target.. D:

Curent sorc sage state is perfect. Good sorcs can change the outcome of a battle and are so ellusive that can rarely die, while terrible sorcs are just free kills for every decent dps. And i like it this way. The warzones are plagued anyway with thousands of sorc playing ppl. We dont need any incentives for terrible sorcs having an easy time in wz.

Let the natural selection keep only the best.

Edited by NoTomorrow

>class with highest damage mitigation wants more.

Look I love my sages alot okay, but last night I hit an ungaurded sorc for 5 shadow strikes while in in BiS gear optimized towards power and accuracy and every one of them was deflected by a bubble. I came back to the same sorc for 3 more shadow strikes which were also deflected. Please understand that this is a special attack that uses about 50% of a normal shadow's force bar

Now please don't mistake me for a butthurt pug member who calls OP against every player he loses to, but sages are fine in terms of damage mitigation. The problem here seems like you're in gear focused towards alacrity/power/crit to crank out your big heals, and expecting it to work as though you have tank survivability in DPS/HPS gear. As a shadow tank who pvp's with dps gear I have never once complained about my survivability while doing so, even though I can get dropped pretty quick.

Part of playing a healing class is getting used to being focused. If you make it obvious that you're healing the guy back to full health while 3 people are attacking him, then they will likely recognize it as a fruitless cause and move to you.

When you get alot of people on you you're going to get downed. It happens. Then you respawn and run back like the rest of us. Healer's don't need to be tanks anymore than they already are.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

21/20 makes Melee mad, but otherwise yeah, Inquisitors are getting hated on in general, first Sorcs, now Assassins in 1.3, and the scariest thing is that most of the changes make no sense.

Marauders, pyros etc continue to run amock while Inquisitirs are tanking the nerf bat for two patches in a row.

>class with highest damage mitigation wants more.

Look I love my sages alot okay, but last night I hit an ungaurded sorc for 5 shadow strikes while in in BiS gear optimized towards power and accuracy and every one of them was deflected by a bubble. I came back to the same sorc for 3 more shadow strikes which were also deflected. Please understand that this is a special attack that uses about 50% of a normal shadow's force bar

Now please don't mistake me for a butthurt pug member who calls OP against every player he loses to, but sages are fine in terms of damage mitigation. The problem here seems like you're in gear focused towards alacrity/power/crit to crank out your big heals, and expecting it to work as though you have tank survivability in DPS/HPS gear. As a shadow tank who pvp's with dps gear I have never once complained about my survivability while doing so, even though I can get dropped pretty quick.

Part of playing a healing class is getting used to being focused. If you make it obvious that you're healing the guy back to full health while 3 people are attacking him, then they will likely recognize it as a fruitless cause and move to you.

When you get alot of people on you you're going to get downed. It happens. Then you respawn and run back like the rest of us. Healer's don't need to be tanks anymore than they already are.

Um, bubble mitigates, AT MOST, 3500...

Looks like a L2... wait, I don't like saying that, maybe the sage was hacking...

Curent sorc sage state is perfect. Good sorcs can change the outcome of a battle and are so ellusive that can rarely die, while terrible sorcs are just free kills for every decent dps. And i like it this way. The warzones are plagued anyway with thousands of sorc playing ppl. We dont need any incentives for terrible sorcs having an easy time in wz.

Let the natural selection keep only the best.

Thanks.... Guy without a sorc/sage, your opinion matters. Like I said 30 pages ago, any dps who remembers sorcs pre 1.2 are terrified of it returning to where it should be. So, tell me dps poster were you one the guys who couldnt kill a sorc/sage when they were at full strength back in the day? I already know the answer.

Now please don't mistake me for a butthurt pug member who calls OP against every player he loses to, but sages are fine in terms of damage mitigation. The problem here seems like you're in gear focused towards alacrity/power/crit to crank out your big heals, and expecting it to work as though you have tank survivability in DPS/HPS gear. As a shadow tank who pvp's with dps gear I have never once complained about my survivability while doing so, even though I can get dropped pretty quick

What? You realize the buibble absorbs right, not deflects? You actually sure you were attacking the class you though you were?

The last thing we need is more BS about sorc bubble. It has been proved time and time again that it absorbs around 3500-3700 and doesn't scale well at all.

It scaled really badly already after 50, it is now next to little more than a comfort blanket because of changes to expertise, war hero gear, permanent power boosting relics, augments on 14 items and min/maxed DPS who actually understand what BIS gear is all about.

If you can't break it you clearly are not wearing BIS gear or maybe you just like to post BS on forums.

But check this out, as bad as the current state of sage/sorc healers may be they're still able to out-heal the damage from an attacking dps sorc/sage. What does that say about the latter?

Says a great deal about Sorc/Sage DPS but nothing every competent player didn't know already - very little burst and DoTs that don't hit worth a damn but even so are on far too long a duration. The devs knee jerked and gutted every thing about the sorc since launch due to a bunch of QQ on the forums. Thing is the ones making all the noise are the same people who can't play any MMO proficiently and move on after a couple of months. Now everyone can see Sorc/Sage for the no-trick-pony it really is yet it has been nerfed in to the ground on heal, dps and hybrid options. Same is also true to a lesser extent about Operatives.

Even the myth that Sorc/Sage is good DPS in PVE/ops has been well and truly dismissed lately.

Don't get me wrong I love my sorc, will likely always play it at least a little, but it comes to something when you are prepared to spend a ton of credits to make your character NOT look like a sorc. Surprising how well that works btw for those that haven't tried it. 80% of the player base in this game is REALLY bad.

What? You realize the buibble absorbs right, not deflects? You actually sure you were attacking the class you though you were?

The last thing we need is more BS about sorc bubble. It has been proved time and time again that it absorbs around 3500-3700 and doesn't scale well at all.

It scaled really badly already after 50, it is now next to little more than a comfort blanket because of changes to expertise, war hero gear, permanent power boosting relics, augments on 14 items and min/maxed DPS who actually understand what BIS gear is all about.

If you can't break it you clearly are not wearing BIS gear or maybe you just like to post BS on forums.

i wonder how much the gear broke the game. i play in unranked and im like a god in augmented bm + 3 wh, no one can touch me and my bubble eats an absurd number of hits.

i play in ranked and i eat 6k smashes over and over and over, which does 150% damage on the tank guarding me as well. i just finished a match where the tank had 200k+ protection and i had 485k healing on novaire where we ate smashes like candy.

it's not just our class mechanics being screwed, with the scaling to dmg with expertise and the top end gear min/maxed it's like a completely different game (that's not fun to play in any form as this squishy a class). these people think we're godly cause they don't have the gear/are legitimately bad. really against geared players of equal skill we are utterly destroyed.

as someone who played elemental shaman in early bc before going resto out of frustration, i'm ashamed to say this is far worse. maras and jugs don't even attempt to interrupt me, wasting a gcd on an interrupt lowers damage so much that it's more efficient to hit me.

Edited by Oobob

.... a ton of credits to make your character NOT look like a sorc.
Word!

1. Social gear

2. Never use lightning. They'll know if you do. It's worth channeling mind crush instead of waiting for wrath to pop through force lightning.

3. Start games by hitting someone with the lightsaber a couple of times.

5. Death field ? Yes but make sure that no one catches you using it.

6.Bubble? Only if there are other sorcs on your team.

7.Stay in the back, you dont want anyone to target you and accidently read your class label.

4. Profit

But check this out, as bad as the current state of sage/sorc healers may be they're still able to out-heal the damage from an attacking dps sorc/sage. What does that say about the latter?

This is true- juggernauts, sins, snipers, ops, marauders, PTs and even mercs- been solo killed by all of them as a sorc healer- but it's impossible to die to a sorc DPS, and I have yet to face 1v1 a sorc who could kill me. There's a reason pre-1.2 if you had 5 sorcs in a WZ, 4 were DPS- DPS is more fun. But, now, 3 out of 4 sorcs are healers- because that's the only way to be even slightly useful.

Bad as healing is for a sorc- DPS is utterly useless.

i wonder how much the gear broke the game. i play in unranked and im like a god in augmented bm + 3 wh, no one can touch me and my bubble eats an absurd number of hits.

i play in ranked and i eat 6k smashes over and over and over, which does 150% damage on the tank guarding me as well. i just finished a match where the tank had 200k+ protection and i had 485k healing on novaire where we ate smashes like candy.

it's not just our class mechanics being screwed, with the scaling to dmg with expertise and the top end gear min/maxed it's like a completely different game (that's not fun to play in any form as this squishy a class). these people think we're godly cause they don't have the gear/are legitimately bad. really against geared players of equal skill we are utterly destroyed.

as someone who played elemental shaman in early bc before going resto out of frustration, i'm ashamed to say this is far worse. maras and jugs don't even attempt to interrupt me, wasting a gcd on an interrupt lowers damage so much that it's more efficient to hit me.

Interrupt doesn't use a GCD- so it's more like 'even players who don't use interrupts because they're bad can now kill healers'.

Sage/Sorc has issues with force management in healing. Can spam force armour and put down the AoE, but sustained single target healing is very difficult now without going oof...it's part of the the reason why other healing classes are "better" than Sage/Sorc now. Also we lack defensive cooldown. Even if guarded we can still be killed more easily than the other healing classes if guarded. Add those two up and we have problems as a class with our survivability and force management. that should be helped by Bioware Edited by Ewgal

Interrupt doesn't use a GCD- so it's more like 'even players who don't use interrupts because they're bad can now kill healers'.

that's really sad, you're right. i figured it must be on the gcd for other classes cause this was a *top* ranked pvp team. instead i'm just getting smash jugged/leap/ravaged to death roflmao.

Edited by Oobob

It says the dps sage sucks.

This is true- juggernauts, sins, snipers, ops, marauders, PTs and even mercs- been solo killed by all of them as a sorc healer- but it's impossible to die to a sorc DPS, and I have yet to face 1v1 a sorc who could kill me. There's a reason pre-1.2 if you had 5 sorcs in a WZ, 4 were DPS- DPS is more fun. But, now, 3 out of 4 sorcs are healers- because that's the only way to be even slightly useful.

Bad as healing is for a sorc- DPS is utterly useless.

That might highlight the only good thing about Sorcerers right now. We can live through other Sorcerers because we can dispel their dots without any negative repercussions.

Word!

1. Social gear

2. Never use lightning. They'll know if you do. It's worth channeling mind crush instead of waiting for wrath to pop through force lightning.

3. Start games by hitting someone with the lightsaber a couple of times.

5. Death field ? Yes but make sure that no one catches you using it.

6.Bubble? Only if there are other sorcs on your team.

7.Stay in the back, you dont want anyone to target you and accidently read your class label.

4. Profit

I laughed. But actually pretty close, you can't use any skills except lvl1 saber attack - I crit someone for 900 damage with it yesterday! ;) Wrong on point 3 though - you don't actually use a light saber at all, get an elegant vibrosword. Goes on your back and makes you look like a sniper!

That might highlight the only good thing about Sorcerers right now. We can live through other Sorcerers because we can dispel their dots without any negative repercussions.

Oh, ya, if we were able to do class only WZ- or heck, have it so mercs, ops, sorcs and... I dunno, snipers maybe all are in one WZ bracket- while sins, PT, mara and juggs get the other we'd have two highly competitive, highly enjoyable brackets for pvp.

I'd be all for that.

Oh, ya, if we were able to do class only WZ- or heck, have it so mercs, ops, sorcs and... I dunno, snipers maybe all are in one WZ bracket- while sins, PT, mara and juggs get the other we'd have two highly competitive, highly enjoyable brackets for pvp.

I'd be all for that.

Sounds good at first but the mercs could need some love even in an enviroment like that. It's the only spec worse than dps sorcs/sages and should be a prio for BW.

Wrong on point 3 though - you don't actually use a light saber at all, get an elegant vibrosword. Goes on your back and makes you look like a sniper!

Damn, forgot about the vibrosword. Funny thing is that I'm even using one, the Chopper.

Looks like Conan the Barbarian, performs like Conan O'Brien.

Edited by MidichIorian

Actually warzones full of sorcs and snipers would be horrible. Even more than a couple of sorcs is pretty bad. There are three DPS sorcs I come across and all 4 of us ended up in one WZ on Friday. It was like pre 1.2 all over again, so much lightning. Of course we got owned, other team had 3 maras 3 pyros and one each of operative and merc healer.

I also have a chopper, it does look nice I'm just slightly disapointed the lighting doesn't change with the crystal you have in it.

Actually warzones full of sorcs and snipers would be horrible. Even more than a couple of sorcs is pretty bad. There are three DPS sorcs I come across and all 4 of us ended up in one WZ on Friday. It was like pre 1.2 all over again, so much lightning. Of course we got owned, other team had 3 maras 3 pyros and one each of operative and merc healer.

I also have a chopper, it does look nice I'm just slightly disapointed the lighting doesn't change with the crystal you have in it.

Actually when u swipe the vibrosword with saberstrike it sparks as your crystal, for the longest time I would run around hitting people just to see pink sparks fly out