Bug in voidstar?

Morrolan

Has a bug been introduced into voidstar?

If the team that attacks first gets through the first doors extends the bridges and gets stopped at the 2nd set of doors, the 2nd attacking team merely needs to get through the first doors and extend the bridges to win. It doesn;t even need to fight at the 2nd set of doors.

Not a bug, as soon as win conditions are met the match is over, deliberate I'd imagine to keep an attacking team that secured the win from not bothering to plant in order to farm the opposition, if the game is decided might as well be able to move onto the next sooner

so it actually ends now when you cap the same door faster than the other team? thats good

Yeah, it is a natural extension of the door-win changes they made for 1.2 since you are fighting with no real purpose but padding your numbers (winning side) or pride (already-lost side). Always would throw out "ok folks playing with house money now" when we got that bridge up ahead of the opposition's time-- now just get your quick win and move on to the next.

Yeah, it is a natural extension of the door-win changes they made for 1.2 since you are fighting with no real purpose but padding your numbers (winning side) or pride (already-lost side). Always would throw out "ok folks playing with house money now" when we got that bridge up ahead of the opposition's time-- now just get your quick win and move on to the next.

No.

In 1.2 they made it so that if you break through one MORE set of doors then the other team, the match ends.

This (what the op is talking about) is either something new for 1.3 or a bug.

They may have changed it with 1.3 so that if only one set of doors is capped for each team, the team that caps that last set of doors fastest wins, and the match ends right there. Until now, if both teams capped the same number of doors by the end of the match, it would be a random roll to see which team wins.

No.

In 1.2 they made it so that if you break through one MORE set of doors then the other team, the match ends.

They may have changed it with 1.3 so that if only one set of doors is capped for each team, the team that caps that last set of doors fastest wins, and the match ends right there. Until now, if both teams capped the same number of doors by the end of the match, it would be a random roll to see which team wins.

It wasn't a random roll pre 1.2 to determine the winner was the previous posters point.

It wasn't a random roll pre 1.2 to determine the winner was the previous posters point.

Yes it was...

All 1.2 did was change it so that the match ended right away if the 2nd team on offense broke through an addtional set of doors than what the 1st attacking team broke through.

Yes it was...

All 1.2 did was change it so that the match ended right away if the 2nd team on offense broke through an addtional set of doors than what the 1st attacking team broke through.

Actually no. The match ended when you broke through a door further that is correct. However if both teams got to the same point the team that got there faster won though the match would continue until time was up.

In 1.2 the match ended when the 2nd round team has one more objective point than the 1st round team, even if the 2nd round team already owns the tiebreaker.

In 1.3 they simply made the game end when the 2nd round team has tied the score and own the tiebreaker, because by definition they already won at this point so there's no point to continue playing. If the 2nd round team doesn't have the tiebreaker, playing resumes as usual.

No.

That is why I set this is a natural extension of the 1.2 game-ending conditions, which is different then saying it is the same as. The point of 1.2's "one door more" ending of a match was that the game is over because that team won the match.

1.3 simply evolved that one step further by changing it to "when winning conditions are met the match is over".

So in point of fact the answer still is yes, not a bug but a natural evolution/extension of 1.2's door criteria.

Actually no. The match ended when you broke through a door further that is correct. However if both teams got to the same point the team that got there faster won though the match would continue until time was up.

I don't believe this to be true. Granted I never actually timed my team and my opponents, but I do believe that up until 1.3, not 1.2, that the winner was a random choice.

Either way, if they only gave 1 point for EVERY capture point, then most of the games played to a tie would not be a tie.

I don't believe this to be true. Granted I never actually timed my team and my opponents, but I do believe that up until 1.3, not 1.2, that the winner was a random choice.

Either way, if they only gave 1 point for EVERY capture point, then most of the games played to a tie would not be a tie.

Nope pre 1.2 it was random post 1.2 it was tied to whoever achieves the number of points the fastest. The only random at that point was a 0-0 tie.

Has a bug been introduced into voidstar?

If the team that attacks first gets through the first doors extends the bridges and gets stopped at the 2nd set of doors, the 2nd attacking team merely needs to get through the first doors and extend the bridges to win. It doesn;t even need to fight at the 2nd set of doors.

Depends on when each of those events take place.

In your situation, if it takes the first team say 4 min to get the bridge down and it takes the second team 3 min, then the game ends as soon as the 2nd geam gets the bridge down. At this point, there is no way for the first team to come back and win the game.

If the 2nd team takes more than 4 min to get the bridge down then they would also need to get the next door open to win. In either event, the game is over as soon as a winner is determined.

Edited by HelinCarnate