Good Job Bioware On Commado DPS

Jmerrill

*Edit* complement retracted

While I'm still not wild about Commando lack of Survivability is WZ's. I wanted to give you a Big Fat Kudo's on bringing our DPS up to par. I can actually kill things in the Gunnery tree. Where as before i had to run in circles in the assault tree hoping a Marauder or a Powertech wouldn't notice me.

Although I'm still not a fan of waiting 3 months for you to make a needed balance. You got something right. Please keep it up.

Edited by Jmerrill
complement retracted

i hope you're right, ive got a decently ggeared PVE lvl 50 gunnery trooper and i have been to afraid to show my face in a WZ with it, hopefully now i can pvp gear it and get in there

No matter what PvE gear you have, and no matter what changes were made. You will still be a joke without expertise.

No matter what PvE gear you have, and no matter what changes were made. You will still be a joke without expertise.

yeah i know that man, thats why i said i dont pvp with it , i am a regular pvper with my shadow BM WH gear mix.

10-49 pvp i found the class adn especially gunnery spec doesnt lend itself well to pvp

After 6 rated wz's, I am retracting my original compliment to bioware. We still don't have the utility needed to be a contributing member of any Rated teams. Our hitting power just doesnt have the finishers needed to make kills when facing oponents of equivalent gear.There is no survivability at all. Our guild team has stated plainly that there is no room for a commando dps when they can just bring a Gunslinger.

Bioware your going 6 months of failure and it's pretty clear at this point how little you listen.You say you listen but how can you go on this long without any comprehension on how bad this class is in comparison to other ranged dps builds.

your just fail

It's time to accept the fact that commandos may never be a serious PvP option. You can PUG and out-damage your teammates by 100K all day long, but there's just not enough tools in the bag to play ranked. I've got commando and a sentinel and it's laughable when you compare the utility of the 2. Heavy armor means nothing and there's just so little survivability that you're putting a burden on the healers while not putting out enough damage or stunning/rooting enough people. Probably the commando's best utility was the knockback, but 1.2 bumped the CD up so you'll usually die about 2 seconds before it comes off CD. I feel your pain man, but it's time to move on.

This is just sad, i really liked my bh merc but its over as far a pvp with this patch (its been over but i had hope) We all know the issues merc/com (dps) have in pvp and 1.3 just show bw has no interest in doing anything about it and if they do think its fine then god help this game. I just put so many hours into my merc and now its going to just sit. BW please allow advance class swaps and then you will see how well the pvp balance is. not a whine just the truth, you would have 99 percent of the dps merc/com going van/power.

you guys must really suck.

On my merc with some recruit/bm gear i can burst like crazy

Exploding dart-tracer x 2- heatseeker missile-rail shot

voila 10k burst every 15 secs, baddies

oh you can play it in a wz it is just not as good as the other classes by a bit. Get it geared up get into some rated wz and come back and tell us how it went

Yeah, I'm sure that works great on the training dummies. Have you ever even been in a WZ against geared opponents? Seriously, you wouldn't survive 5 seconds in a ranked WZ let alone 15 :rolleyes:

Edited by stendarrs
additional info

I'm not a Commando/Merc, so take this with a grain of salt. I can only speak about my experiences fighting Commandos/Mercs.

I'd say, based on my experiences, that about 2/3 of you are bad at your class. It might just be gear or having a bad day or something, but there are lots of Commando that I take down without ever getting knocked back or stunned or anything. They just kinda sit there and try to cast while I interrupt and stun them. Interrupt -> Stun -> Interrupt -> Stun leads to a dead Commando.

However, the remaining 1/3 of you really know your class. I charge in with a leap, and instantly get knocked back with Stockstrike. I harpoon, and get hit with Concussive Charge. (By the way, I'm pretty sure that's the best KB in the game; it goes insanely far). That gives them enough time to get two or three Grave Rounds off. When I get close, they use Stockstrike and knock me back yet again. Whenever they had to use Hammer Shot (for ammo), they were kiting me. Throw in a Full Auto slow and a Cryo Grenade as needed, and you're looking at one severely hurting melee player.

Yeah, if a melee class can get within melee range of you, they probably have the advantage in a fight. However, you still have plenty of tools to deal with them. And if you catch them at range, you have the advantage by far. The key is positioning. If you catch yourself in the melee brawl, you're probably going down. However, a good ranged class can control key choke points and do a ton of good for your team.

Honestly, with heavy armor, two knockbacks, and plenty of damage, I really get tired of all the QQ from this class. Yeah, you can't let a melee player whale on you and expect to live. However, none of the other ranged classes can. The people who whine about how powerful melee is but conveniently leave out all the tools you get to deal with them will garner no sympathy from me.

There are great Commandos and Mercenaries out there. I've played them, they've killed me. I know it's not just a myth. And because of the good ones I've played, that could even kill me in worse gear and pre-1.3, I know that the majority of the problems you guys are having are skill-related.

Except any competent player in a team game will keep you interrupted or chain CC'd.

But, no. You're right. Everyone else is just bad!

I'm not a Commando/Merc, so take this with a grain of salt. I can only speak about my experiences fighting Commandos/Mercs.

I'd say, based on my experiences, that about 2/3 of you are bad at your class. It might just be gear or having a bad day or something, but there are lots of Commando that I take down without ever getting knocked back or stunned or anything. They just kinda sit there and try to cast while I interrupt and stun them. Interrupt -> Stun -> Interrupt -> Stun leads to a dead Commando.

However, the remaining 1/3 of you really know your class. I charge in with a leap, and instantly get knocked back with Stockstrike. I harpoon, and get hit with Concussive Charge. (By the way, I'm pretty sure that's the best KB in the game; it goes insanely far). That gives them enough time to get two or three Grave Rounds off. When I get close, they use Stockstrike and knock me back yet again. Whenever they had to use Hammer Shot (for ammo), they were kiting me. Throw in a Full Auto slow and a Cryo Grenade as needed, and you're looking at one severely hurting melee player.

Yeah, if a melee class can get within melee range of you, they probably have the advantage in a fight. However, you still have plenty of tools to deal with them. And if you catch them at range, you have the advantage by far. The key is positioning. If you catch yourself in the melee brawl, you're probably going down. However, a good ranged class can control key choke points and do a ton of good for your team.

Honestly, with heavy armor, two knockbacks, and plenty of damage, I really get tired of all the QQ from this class. Yeah, you can't let a melee player whale on you and expect to live. However, none of the other ranged classes can. The people who whine about how powerful melee is but conveniently leave out all the tools you get to deal with them will garner no sympathy from me.

There are great Commandos and Mercenaries out there. I've played them, they've killed me. I know it's not just a myth. And because of the good ones I've played, that could even kill me in worse gear and pre-1.3, I know that the majority of the problems you guys are having are skill-related.

Agreed. PvP QQ almost always boils down to L2play issues.

Yeah, I'm sure that works great on the training dummies. Have you ever even been in a WZ against geared opponents? Seriously, you wouldn't survive 5 seconds in a ranked WZ let alone 15 :rolleyes:

All three of those abilities are instant Cast. Unlike abilities your used to using, they can't be intrupted. It doesn't matter if it's on training dummy or a live target. The only way to prevent being hit by all 3 abilities when used in succession is to line of sight the Merc/Trooper within 3 seconds of the attack, or to blow a stun to deny the full rotation.

It's pretty much the standard rotation for PVP and PVE when using that tree.

Hint: dont start with charge

Hint: dont start with charge

Well, if they've spotted me at range and they're hitting me, I basically have three options. I can use Storm to close on them, Harpoon to pull them to me, or LoS and run away. If I don't do one of those three things, I'm looking at a fast death as I run straight at them and die.

However, I'll obviously try to close in as much as I can if they haven't spotted me, so I'll have the option of leaping once the fight starts.